Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 01:02 PM

26,924 posts, read 22,820,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We're waiting for the poster who posted that recent news to provide his source. But as far as my reference goes to the earlier incidents, near the beginning of the war, who else would be looting Ukrainian stores in Ukrainian towns or villages? Ukrainian soldiers would be highly unlikely to do that to their own at the outset of the war.

But I agree, we need to see what the source of the latest piece of news is, on looting.

I think there needs to be an investigation of everything, by an impartial international body: claims of human rights abuses by Russians against Ukrainians, by Ukrainians against Russians (including incidents Russia has been claiming prior to and during 2014, because those went undocumented by anyone in the West, as far as I know), murders of innocent villagers, everything.

Part of the problem in these discussions is, that Westerners haven't seen the photos and film footage from 2014 and earlier, that Russians mention here: gruesome images of murdered Russians in the Donbas, and so on. The international community, as far as I know, didn't know anything about that, because Russian never took the matter to human rights organizations in the West, the UN and so on, so no one knows what went on, nor what to believe. I think the entire history of the conflict in the Donbas needs to be investigated.

OK, so there is no mentioning anywhere that Russian army is doing this ( looting houses in Belgorod region)?
Then I am not missing anything, because from my understanding there is no Russian army there, and Wagner is saying that they will step in and will take control of the situation, where MoD is failing.

Last edited by erasure; 06-04-2023 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It appears you work for Glavset. How's the springtime weather in St. Petersburg?

It appears you can't accept the truth, the reality of it all.

Old 06-04-2023, 02:35 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,802,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Source?
Here is what I read yesterday about Zelensky to be investigated for treason. My source is Scotland Today:

https://scotlandtoday.online/zelensk...-investigation

Old 06-04-2023, 02:46 PM

102,454 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ruth, where is the mentioning of the Russian army in that article ( as looters)?
Can you quote it to me please, because apparently I keep on missing something.
I see, now. Sorry, I hadn't read the Daily Mail article. The victims of the looting (Russians) said it was Russians who did it. That's the only info we have so far.

Here's an excerpt from the article:
Quote:
Homes and local shops appeared to be targeted by Russian looters amid the chaos as tens of thousands of Russians evacuating border areas in the Belgorod region as pro-Ukraine forces hit back at Russia.
It doesn't say if the looters were soldiers or other citizens (?) of some sort. (Criminal elements, or just people takig advantage of the chaos.) The Daily Mail is reporting on a video of the scene, which was the result of a Ukrainian attack. But it also says, that Ukraine has neither confirmed or denied that it was responsible.

Old 06-04-2023, 03:11 PM

51,743 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Vyacheslav Gladkov, governor of Russia's Belgorod Oblast, did not show to pick up the Russian prisoners captured by The Russian Volunteer Corps.

Prigozhin apparently agreed to meet RSV terms, but somehow that hasn't happened, and the current plan is to hand them over to Ukraine’s Prisoner of War exchange.

For those of you who have trouble doing an successful internet search:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/4/7405282/

Old 06-04-2023, 03:27 PM

4,998 posts, read 2,770,972 times
as far as the looting goes, I think this time it is the criminal element citizens taking advantage of everyone being evacuated..

https://www.lipstickalley.com/thread...orces.5283041/

Old 06-04-2023, 03:31 PM

but don't think the great Russian Army isn't cpabale of doing exactly that..like last month even..

Quote:
Ukraine says Russian looting has increased in occupied regions
From CNN's Olga Voitovych

The number of lootings and robberies allegedly committed by Russian troops has increased during Russia’s evacuation of occupied territories,
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...4d027588469abe

Old 06-04-2023, 03:37 PM

and suchomimus asks "has the counter offensive begun?"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bzmrQogaI

Old 06-04-2023, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I see, now. Sorry, I hadn't read the Daily Mail article. The victims of the looting (Russians) said it was Russians who did it. That's the only info we have so far.

Here's an excerpt from the article:
It doesn't say if the looters were soldiers or other citizens (?) of some sort. (Criminal elements, or just people takig advantage of the chaos.) The Daily Mail is reporting on a video of the scene, which was the result of a Ukrainian attack. But it also says, that Ukraine has neither confirmed or denied that it was responsible.

Exactly. Russians, not "the Russian army."
I just don't want any more disinformation here - Ukrainians are spreading enough of it as it is.

So yes, the looters were most likely local Russians ( if not Ukrainian militants if they were in the region, who knows.)
But even if it were locals - the rest of Belgorod ( or rather Belgorodians) are bringing what they can to the refugee center, to support civilians that escaped the Ukrainian onslaught in the border towns.

https://t.me/yurasumy/9006

Old 06-04-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Vyacheslav Gladkov, governor of Russia's Belgorod Oblast, did not show to pick up the Russian prisoners captured by The Russian Volunteer Corps.

Prigozhin apparently agreed to meet RSV terms, but somehow that hasn't happened, and the current plan is to hand them over to Ukraine’s Prisoner of War exchange.

For those of you who have trouble doing an successful internet search:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/4/7405282/

There are no "Russian Volunteer Corps" - it's yet another Ukrainian fake, their yet another psyop.

However with that being said, I saw the video with couple of Russian soldiers that Ukrainian militants seized ( one of them is severely wounded from what I saw,) and demanded a meeting with the governor of the Belgorod region, Gladkov.

I think he was hesitant to accept it, but at the end I suspect the order came from MoD to decline the offer, even though there are more than two soldiers were captured.

But it's all on MoD and their failures now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies