Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 08:00 AM

13,857 posts, read 4,481,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Interesting. Our interests are peace and trade. That leads to prosperity for everyone.

If they don't want to sell or buy, that's ok. We do have alternatives.

So what you are saying is Russia is justified in attacking Ukraine because they are angry at the USA for some reason?

Am I justified in attacking Joe because I am angry at Bill? Are you justified in beating up Ginger because you are jealous of Maryanne?

That makes no sense.
Is that your silly narrative of the conflict? Let's ignore 30 years of a time table and just repeat the propaganda from the West. "it's not fair, attacking another country is not right" Says the American living in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 08:02 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,463,261 times
Quote:
Interesting. Our interests are peace and trade. That leads to prosperity for everyone.
No.

America's ruling elite and neo-cons interests are trade and perpetual war.

The latter....brings prosperity for a few.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:06 AM

21,422 posts, read 7,520,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Quote:

If they don't want to sell or buy, that's ok. We do have alternatives.

So what you are saying is Russia is justified in attacking Ukraine because they are angry at the USA for some reason?

Am I justified in attacking Joe because I am angry at Bill? Are you justified in beating up Ginger because you are jealous of Maryanne?

That makes no sense.
Is that your silly narrative of the conflict? Let's ignore 30 years of a time table and just repeat the propaganda from the West. "it's not fair, attacking another country is not right" Says the American living in the U.S.
I guess you think it's ok for any one country to attack another country. Is that what I am reading here?

Old 03-08-2023, 08:07 AM

21,422 posts, read 7,520,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
No.

America's ruling elite and neo-cons interests are making and keeping money.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:22 AM

13,857 posts, read 4,481,586 times
Quote:
I guess you think it's ok for any one country to attack another country. Is that what I am reading here?

Yeah, that is what happens in a conflict. For an American that lives and breath in the U.S. you make me laugh with your self righteous in how the world should act according to the U.S.

"How The World Should Be" By an American.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:30 AM

3,291 posts, read 1,652,638 times
So you are invaded by your neighboring enemy, attacked on 3+ sides, your enemy army is right outside your capital, they have their puppet leaders in place ready to take over, and you are going to let them finance, organize, and subvert right inside your own country?

You are going to let them promote the idea that your nation, your language, your people have no right to exist?

Sounds like you are working for the other side.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:36 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,782,694 times
Looks like the Russians are about to capture Bakhmut but from what I am reading at a very high cost.

Exclusive: Zelensky warns of ‘open road’ through Ukraine’s east if Russia captures Bakhmut, as he resists calls to retreat

Old 03-08-2023, 08:39 AM

79,259 posts, read 61,361,367 times
Looks like Russia is being bled pretty hard to retake the Bahkmut area, will it have been too high a price? Won't know that for a while.

Feels like Ukraine is keeping their powder dry so to speak and building up for the Spring.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:40 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
No.

Then how did I, a random citizen with no significant contacts and no advanced education, become prosperous?

Old 03-08-2023, 09:04 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,463,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Then how did I, a random citizen with no significant contacts and no advanced education, become prosperous?
The big picture is not about you or me.

You and I, as individuals, have become....and can become prosperous if we live in certain countries and make the right educational, business, investing and career decisions.

The big picture....is not....about you or me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies