Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 203 39.73%
No 259 50.68%
Unsure 49 9.59%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 09:19 PM

26,937 posts, read 22,860,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
False. The Russians are sending wave after wave of convicted criminals at Bakhmut as cannon fodder. They are being slaughtered, but of course Putin has no regard for those lives. I suppose he figures he can win a war of attrition, since he has a lot more bodies at his disposal.

No it's not "false," because apparently you believe that Ukrainian *professional troops* are defending Bakhmut, while Russians are sending some "convicted criminals" as "cannon fodder" wave after wave.

That's the picture that the ISW paints you, but ISW is fed by Ukrainian sources, and that's why you receive this skewed picture.

In reality, the Ukrainians pulled out their professional forces from Bakhmut already ( they want to save them for the upcoming offensive on the Southern front most likely,) while supplying the untrained cannon fodder to Bakhmut - those unfortunate ones, that we see lately being caught on the streets and moved straight to the front lines.

And that's why Prigozhin (Wagner's owner) addressed Zelensky lately, saying that they ( Wagner) used to fight the Ukrainian professional army, but recently they see more and more of youth and old men.
"They fight" he said, "but their lives don't last more than one two-days in Bakhmut, so allow them to go home."

I mean look at this Ukrainian POW - how old do you think he is?

https://t.me/yurasumy/7716

Last edited by erasure; 03-08-2023 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 10:00 PM
pdw

2,736 posts, read 3,167,020 times
What a messed up world we live in where the political mainstream is hated so much that people will turn to the most extreme takes just to “own the libs”. People are really in this thread defending nazi germany. I’m out. Keep your hate forum, every time I get sucked into the politics forum here I regret it

Old 03-08-2023, 10:06 PM

24,999 posts, read 9,747,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Forcing the Ukraine government to cede territory to Russia is not a strategy. They didn’t stop with Crimea, nor the Donbass.
Because none of that is NATO territory.

America does not have a security partnership with Ukraine, like it has for places like South Korea or Japan. Should America protect Belarus, Moldova, and Kazakhstan too?

You can't claim America can't be the world's police, then get mad when America is not the world's police.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:09 PM

24,999 posts, read 9,747,684 times
Quote:
What a messed up world we live in where the political mainstream is hated so much that people will turn to the most extreme takes just to “own the libs”. People are really in this thread defending nazi germany.
You do know America happily employed Nazi scientists right?
Quote:
Operation Paperclip was a secret United States intelligence program in which more than 1,600 German scientists, engineers, and technicians were taken from the former Nazi Germany to the U.S. for government employment after the end of World War II in Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Libs "own themselves" by refusing to understand global history.

Last edited by Rocko20; 03-08-2023 at 10:18 PM..

Old 03-08-2023, 11:15 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,765,685 times
ISW Update

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...t-march-8-2023

Quote:
Mar 8, 2023 - Press ISW

Wagner Group financier Yevgeny Prigozhin announced on March 8 that Russian forces captured all of eastern Bakhmut, a claim consistent with available visual evidence. ISW assessed on March 7 that Ukrainian forces completed a controlled withdrawal from eastern Bakhmut across the Bakhmutka River. A prominent Russian milblogger claimed that Russian forces control between 45 to 52 percent of Bakhmut as of March 7. This figure is reasonable; ISW assesses that Russian forces now occupy at least 50 percent of Bakhmut as of March 8. Russian forces will likely intensify attacks in northwestern and southwestern Bakhmut (north from Opytne and south from Yahidne, respectively) to circumnavigate the Bakhmutka River.

Old 03-09-2023, 02:03 AM

3,722 posts, read 2,467,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ukraine needs to apologize for starting the war in 2014 and needs to pay for all the murders and destruction they caused in Donbas. They bombed and murdered their own people

We're not a democracy we're a Constitutional Republic.

Try harder please.
Ukraine killed Russians in the Donbass.

I agree Ukraine started this in 2014...but the US started it in 2008 initially.

Old 03-09-2023, 04:12 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,805,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
False. The Russians are sending wave after wave of convicted criminals at Bakhmut as cannon fodder. They are being slaughtered, but of course Putin has no regard for those lives. I suppose he figures he can win a war of attrition, since he has a lot more bodies at his disposal.
No, your information is false. The Russians don't need to send in waves of criminals since they have a major advantage in artillery systems. They are just shelling the Ukrainians where about 80 percent of Ukrainian casualties are taking place by this method. The Ukrainians are the ones that keep sending in troops into Bakhmut's meat grinder and are getting chewed up by the artillery.

Putin does have regard for Russian lives because he needs his troops as intact as possible to continue the advance after Bakhmut falls.

Old 03-09-2023, 05:03 AM

5,334 posts, read 3,892,457 times
Zelensky or should I say Churchill is as pure as the driven show. Some of you cannot see.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...ys-corruption/

Old 03-09-2023, 05:53 AM

3,294 posts, read 1,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not sure how can they stop there, if their ultimate goal is the denazification of Ukraine ( which is sorely needed if you ask me.)

How would Russians be able to denazify Germany, without taking Berlin back in 1945?

[…]
Yes de-nazification means kill all Ukrainians that fight, replace all government, destroy any notion of a Ukrainian nation, language, and people.

The concept of a “Ukraine” must be completely destroyed. There cannot be a nation called “Ukraine”.

This is part of why the Russians are stuck on the idea that Poland will take the western part of the country. In their minds there will no longer be any Ukraine at all (since it never existed to begin with).

Old 03-09-2023, 06:57 AM
exm

3,755 posts, read 1,819,916 times
Quote:
The idea that Trump could be president of the United States once more when making these kind of insane commentary is terrifying. Why are people still giving attention to this clown who undermines democracy and is willing to take the most ridiculous contrarian takes just to score points with the populist conspiracy types. He belongs in prison. Ukraine is not some long standing American ally like Canada or Japan, but to negotiate an appeasement of a megalomaniacal, expansionist dictator like Putin in violation of international law is just ridiculous

Yeah, we're in such a better place with senile Joe at the helm, right? I mean, the topic we're discussing here (Ukraine), raging inflation, wide open borders and record fentanyl deaths, crime spikes throughout the nation, incompetent cabinet members like Mayor Pete dissing national disasters like Ohio, etc. Oh, and you wonder why Joe is going easy on China (hint, hint: his son business enterprises). Boy, Orange Man Bad and Senile Joe Great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies