Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.80%
No 255 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.70%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 11:24 AM

12,512 posts, read 8,290,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
There is 4th option, it's the wildest but i can see Putin using it. Detonate small nuke, just enough not to cause much of destruction and result in NATO engagement but big enough to send message to everyone of don't **** around with me or the next one will be much, much bigger.
Did nobody see 1983's WarGames? Wouldn't you prefer to play a game of chess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 11:52 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,669,399 times
Default Amazing Biden :( and not in a good way

so Biden goes to Ukraine over night, and yet he has not gone to Ohio to visit the citizens there from the train wreck.. Also he brings his checkbook (the USA taxpayers) and giving Ukraine a whole bunch of money.

Ridiculous and disgusting.

Old 02-20-2023, 12:03 PM

12,512 posts, read 8,290,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
so Biden goes to Ukraine over night, and yet he has not gone to Ohio to visit the citizens there from the train wreck.. Also he brings his checkbook (the USA taxpayers) and giving Ukraine a whole bunch of money.

Ridiculous and disgusting.
So we channel Kanye West with claims that Joe Biden don't like Ohioans

Old 02-20-2023, 12:04 PM

26,906 posts, read 22,775,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
bs..there is probably plenty of torture,and killing of captured enemy being committed on both sides of the war..you're just not going to see a video of it..get real..and now that Biden has stopped by Ukraine on his way to Poland, maybe the weapons flow will increase a bit..

I am very, very real.
There are videos out there that Ukrainian "heroes" are posting themselves, the execution of "unloyal" civilians including. And of course plenty of torture/executions of the Russian POWs.

Their purpose is to show the terror, that they are ready to unleash on anyone standing on their way to the "happy European Ukrainian state," and they are not shy about it.
This is for example the BRANDING IRON with Ukrainian coat of arms that Ukrainians are planning to torture the Russians with, and which they are sending to the front lines - with this particular purpose. ( The guy that posted this video on his channel is the Eastern Ukrainian, whom I follow for quite some time, so I take his word for it, since I can't clearly hear everything that retard in this video is mumbling.)

The inscription there says "The Nazis are getting ready for the anniversary of the (Russian) SMO. This is the branding iron in the shape of Ukrainian coat of arms for Russians, that is ready and shipped to the front lines. So what's about the "world community"? Of course it will remain silent."

https://t.me/ponomarb1/26205

The Russians on another hand already saw the images of hapless Ukrainians being grabbed on the streets and forcibly shipped to the front lines. Although they joke about it on-line, in the real life, they want to make sure that Ukrainians are aware that they will be safe and sound if they surrender, and that's why they place these videos in the social media. They know that Ukrainians ( and their families) follow the same channels as Russians do, particularly the ones from the South-East. (That's why there are over 17,000 of Ukrainian POWs currently being held in Russia, and that's why Zelensky prohibited his military to have access to the Telegram channels from what I remember.)

Old 02-20-2023, 12:45 PM

4,393 posts, read 4,267,148 times
I would suggest that Russians who don't want to be tortured not go to Ukraine.

Keep believing in yourself, Erasure. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?

Old 02-20-2023, 12:50 PM

25,779 posts, read 17,532,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
David Frum outlined three possible outcomes.

1) "They fight the war to a stalemate, holding Crimea and bits of eastern Ukraine, freezing the conflict (like others on Russia's borders) into de facto armistice but no formal peace. This outcome probably most gratifying to Putin's vanity, but"..." also freezes in place western economic sanctions - and dooms any hope of recovering EU markets for Russian gas," spelling "permanent economic isolation and decline," ... and "risks outright battlefield defeat of the Russian army by Ukraine."

2) "Negotiate now Russia's best available deal. A deal today would probably include: surrender of most occupied Ukraine territory; acceptance of Ukraine EU candidacy, plus Ukraine/NATO partnership - but would likely offer relief from sanctions and escape from reparations." While this would be the best for Russia, it would be humiliating for Putin, and therefore unlikely. Seems far-fetched, but who knows.

3) "Russian army cracks up in the field". Reports of rising casualties, shortage of weapons and ammunition, pay that is months in arrears, ... If these and other reports are true, the Russian military may well face a crisis of morale. Who knows how that will play out. Putin may recall the military to Russia in order to maintain a domestic military force, or "most soldiers just quit the fight, but a few commanders convert their army units into private militias. Those few set up as local warlords. State authority crumples. A new "time of troubles" follows. "
I am hoping for door #3, where the Russian army just walks home.
The time of troubles may be terrible for Russian civilians and would probably end with Russia being unable to control or administer the republics. Some republics will not care one way or the other, but some will rebel and celebrate their newly won freedom.
I see torches and pitchforks coming for Russian officials under such a scenario.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:02 PM
bu2

24,207 posts, read 15,058,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So Kyiv is still safe enough for Biden to visit, but the warmongers are convinced Zelensky needs more money and that Putin is going to be knocking on the door of Poland any minute now.

Yeah ok.
Well the Russian bots on here keep telling us the Russians will be at the Polish border any day.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:04 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Nobody takes Joe Biden seriously. (The Big Guy)
Did the Big Guy tell them how happy he was to be in Kansas City? (it begins with a K!)

Old 02-20-2023, 01:06 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Full translation of the RIA Novosti article here…
https://medium.com/@jkmuf1861/a-russ...e-8c866bed9c63

What should Russia do with Ukraine?”
Timofei Sergeitsev
Published in RIA Novosti, April 4, 2022
And some of our board contributors think this is ok.

This is why Ukraine will continue to fight until Russia is forced out.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:07 PM

26,906 posts, read 22,775,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Full translation of the RIA Novosti article here…
https://medium.com/@jkmuf1861/a-russ...e-8c866bed9c63

What should Russia do with Ukraine?”
Timofei Sergeitsev
Published in RIA Novosti, April 4, 2022

This "revision and annotation" of Sergeitsev's article from 03.04.22 is yet another typical piece of propaganda sorry to say.

I dug into it, and found the first, ORIGINAL article of Timofey Sergeytsev from 10.04.21, that started it all, and that no one of these propagandists want to mention ( or translate for this matter.)

It's called "The kind of Ukraine we don't need," and without this article the follow-up makes little sense.

With that being said, that first article was really shocking for me, because it was straightforward, down to the point and brutal - much more so, than anything Putin himself ever said ( publicly at least.)

And it's not only my opinion, - other Russians thought the same, referring to it in Live Journal. That they never saw anything like it on RIA news.

In this first article, Sergeytsev outlines in the most precise manner, step by step, what makes current Ukrainian state similar to the Nazi state of Germany (and why it makes it so challenging for Russia to deal with it,) and I have to agree that what he writes there is precisely what I was observing within the last eight years taking place in Ukraine.

I am not so certain about some excerpts in this article ( not familiar enough/have no opinion on socio-political arguments,) but overall this article was like a plunge in the crisp cold water, that takes your breath away kinda.
This article is rather long, but I might consider translating it, because it addresses a lot of points that Americans/Westerners argue about over and over, trying to get to the bottom of it all.

Many will find their answers right there, since I'd be never able to sum up everything in such concise, yet descriptive manner myself.

Yet without this first, original article, (the translation of which can't be found anywhere, he-he,) the discussion of the second article doesn't make much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies