Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 10:50 AM

1,200 posts, read 427,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Prefer Russia system" to what?

To "Ukraine system"?
You need to be more specific when you ask your question, because my post came in the context of "Ukrainian affair."

Prefer to being free. Ukrainians are fighting Russia because they want to be free to make choices and not be under dictator control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2023, 10:53 AM

45,406 posts, read 26,671,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
He is not wrong. Many Ukrainians households and their supporters do fly Ukraine flags.
You should get out more

Old 02-21-2023, 10:59 AM

45,406 posts, read 26,671,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Not exactly sure what else you would expect him to do when a genocidal war is being waged on his people.

Frankly, this post makes you sound pathetically petty.
Seek peace, not escalation

Old 02-21-2023, 11:00 AM

51,742 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Fair enough. So I take it you have never heard of Martin Armstrong or Kuntzler. Who do you read and where do you get your info because clearly you fall on the other side of the spectrum. Russia bad USA can do no wrong. Misinfo is now anything that does not fall in line with the narrative the neocons want the unwashed masses to follow right?
"Narrative of the neocons" and "unwashed masses" aside, if Armstrong and/or Kuntzier have something valuable to add to the conversation, then summarize it, or at least hit the high points.

BTW, this is no reflection on what side of the spectrum you fall on.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:03 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
By giving Ukraine to Russia?

Old 02-21-2023, 11:04 AM

27,831 posts, read 16,347,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Democracy isn't for everyone.

If you prefer to live in a country ruled by Putin or Xi, go for it.
Apparently it wasnt for Ukraine (some) and cia/victoria nuland either.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:05 AM

51,742 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
They are seeking peace.

Peace from the constant attacks by the Russian military.

Other than defeating the Russian military, do you have any suggestions on how to get them to quit attacking Ukraine?

Old 02-21-2023, 11:15 AM

26,922 posts, read 22,820,771 times
Quote:
Prefer to being free. Ukrainians are fighting Russia because they want to be free to make choices and not be under dictator control.

OK, let's go step by step here, since I don't ascribe to simplistic cliches that you apparently like to use here, such as "being free."

I totally understand the desire of Ukrainians to remain free of direct Kremlin's control. ( That's what set them apart- this is the part of Russia that is not controlled directly by Kremlin.)
But this does NOT make Ukrainians free.

Or rather - they were more or less free for the last 30 years as much as they could politically, but economically they were not. Economy ( in most cases) is what dictates the politics ( ask Americans if you still don't understand it.)
So the only way Ukraine could get away from economic dependency on Russia, was to become dependent economically on the West, which brought the limit of "freedom" for Ukraine in political sense all the same.

As I've said - you apparently don't understand the concept of "democracy" as the rest of Ukrainians.
"Democracy" doesn't mean when the guy you root for is pushing his way with his fists to the top power spot. Even if this guy serves "democratic West."
That's the same authoritarian concept as they have in Russia, just with different ideology as I already said.

"Democracy" is the ability of people to represent different points of view in the government, and to rule the country according to these views, and not what certain "guy" with bigger fists wants ( and crowd that supports him.) Which is what today's Ukraine is. But this is not "freedom," even if Ukraine remains independent from Kremlin.

With this in mind, those that run away from Russia evading the draft, are obviously not represented in the Russian government by anyone, as the fraction of people in Russia that doesn't support this war.

However, even if they WERE represented in the government, I don't believe that their party would have a wide support among the Russians, and thus it wouldn't change much as far as this war goes.

I hope this answers your questions.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:18 AM

35,546 posts, read 17,460,309 times
Quote:
Is that why so many left Russia after draft announcement because they prefer Russia system?
I'll tell you one thing about that; one of my great-grandparents vamoosed from Kyiv to Montreal (and thence to Yonkers, NY) when the tried to extend his "service" in the Czar's army as a shoe repairer. He opened up shop as a "shoemaker."

Old 02-21-2023, 11:20 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,122,423 times
Quote:
Go tell that to Putin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies