Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 09:49 AM

25,756 posts, read 17,515,504 times

Advertisements

January Russian public finances are in.

Expenditures +70% year-over-year
Revenue -31%
Oil& gas revenue -46%
Deficit 1,761Billion Rubles, which is half of the total 2022 deficit.

The only chance Russia has of remaining a viable country is to reverse course and pull out of Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 09:50 AM
exm

3,747 posts, read 1,812,498 times
https://unherd.com/2023/02/the-madne...e-for-bakhmut/

“What we sometimes also do,” he tells me, “is drop dildos from the drones, just to show them the contempt we have for them."

Old 02-07-2023, 10:19 AM

15,186 posts, read 8,727,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ruth, Ukraine was not "chained to Russia for 70 years."

It was the inseparable part of Russia for 300 years before that, EXCEPT FOR THE WESTERNMOST COUPLE OF PROVINCES that you keep on substituting for "Ukraine."
That's where your confusion is coming from.

Volhynia and Galicia - yes, those provinces became part of Poland already back in the 1200-1300ies, if to make the long story short. Then they became part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and so on.

But it's not "UKRAINE."

Kievan Rus (whose territories now are partially in Ukraine and partially - in "Russia proper,") is the place where modern Russia was born.

Baltic countries on another hand were the lands that used to belong to Sweden, and that Russia received as the spoils of war with Sweden back in the 1700ies from what I remember.

Therefore obviously Russians perceive the lands of their birthplace and the lands that they received as the spoils of war as two different things.

I hope this clears the confusion, because these are all historic facts.
Most of the posters here don’t even have a grasp of recent history, like what actually took place during WW II, so, the longer historical connections between modern day Ukraine and Russia going back hundreds of years isn’t even a thought that would cross their minds.

Now, what should literally cause heads to explode here is way outside their awareness, pertaining to the fact that Russia supported the American colonialists during our revolutionary war with Britain, making Russia our longest standing historical friend and ally, dating back to the Declaration of Independence. The Bolshevik Revolution in Russia during the early 1900’s is when that historic friendship changed course. This timeframe also coincides with, and marks the point when the powers that be in England finally recaptured their break away American colony by means of the federal reserve act of 1913, securing unconstitutional control over the United States monetary system. And as the real golden rule tells us, he who controls the gold, rules.

Of course these poor unfortunate victims of our public education system have ZERO UNDERSTANDING of what I just said, and it’s implications.

A tiny hint for the more educated and savvy ……. the old British Empire, renown for its imperialism, as it sailed the oceans of the world for hundreds of years, and claiming ownership of every piece of dirt it landed on, while ignoring the current resident’s claims to their own lands, simply changed flags, from the Union Jack, to the Stars and Stripes. And that old motto, “the sun never sets on the British Empire” still rings true, and the hapless American public are clueless to the fact that America’s policies are decided in the City of London, and not Washington DC, because that, dontcha know, is a whacky conspiracy theory.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:23 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,052,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Most of the posters here don’t even have a grasp of recent history, like what actually took place during WW II, so, the longer historical connections between modern day Ukraine and Russia going back hundreds of years isn’t even a thought that would cross their minds.

Now, what should literally cause heads to explode here is way outside their awareness, pertaining to the fact that Russia supported the American colonialists during our revolutionary war with Britain, making Russia our longest standing historical friend and ally, dating back to the Declaration of Independence. The Bolshevik Revolution in Russia during the early 1900’s is when that historic friendship changed course. This timeframe also coincides with, and marks the point when the powers that be in England finally recaptured their break away American colony by means of the federal reserve act of 1913, securing unconstitutional control over the United States monetary system. And as the real golden rule tells us, he who controls the gold, rules.

Of course these poor unfortunate victims of our public education system have ZERO UNDERSTANDING of what I just said, and it’s implications.

A tiny hint for the more educated and savvy ……. the old British Empire, renown for its imperialism, as it sailed the oceans of the world for hundreds of years, and claiming ownership of every piece of dirt it landed on, while ignoring the current resident’s claims to their own lands, simply changed flags, from the Union Jack, to the Stars and Stripes. And that old motto, “the sun never sets on the British Empire” still rings true, and the hapless American public are clueless to the fact that America’s policies are decided in the City of London, and not Washington DC, because that, dontcha know, is a whacky conspiracy theory
I was going to stay out of this but lets see some more on this part.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:32 AM

2,156 posts, read 1,462,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I was going to stay out of this but lets see some more on this part.
Well since you asked:

In the country of Uganda, the UK tried a strategy that I believe the US is also trying with China/Taiwan.
The Uk was trying to break off a little section of Uganda, and use those citizens to fight with the rest of Uganda. They deployed sneaky tactics, and ultimately failed as Uganda became independent.

I'll link a piece here. Midway down the page it talks about "A state within a State" That is the part I found interesting and somewhat analogous to events in the modern day.

https://observer.ug/news/headlines/6...licy-in-uganda

Old 02-07-2023, 10:34 AM
bu2

24,196 posts, read 15,048,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I was about to reply to this until I read the below:

I honestly have no reply to this nonsense, so I'll end my replies to you here. I honestly think you're part of of the Russian State propaganda paid to infiltrate social media and message forums around the world.
I don't remember if it was him or GDuval, but one of the two said they were born in the Baltics when they were part of the USSR. Don't seem to have gotten rid of their conditioning.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:41 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,052,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Well since you asked:

In the country of Uganda, the UK tried a strategy that I believe the US is also trying with China/Taiwan.
The Uk was trying to break off a little section of Uganda, and use those citizens to fight with the rest of Uganda. They deployed sneaky tactics, and ultimately failed as Uganda became independent.

I'll link a piece here. Midway down the page it talks about "A state within a State" That is the part I found interesting and somewhat analogous to events in the modern day.

https://observer.ug/news/headlines/6...licy-in-uganda
That is a far cry from saying that the UK actually won the revolutionary war and secretly control the US from England.

Old 02-07-2023, 10:43 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,122,655 times
Quote:

A tiny hint for the more educated and savvy ……. the old British Empire, renown for its imperialism, as it sailed the oceans of the world for hundreds of years, and claiming ownership of every piece of dirt it landed on, while ignoring the current resident’s claims to their own lands, simply changed flags, from the Union Jack, to the Stars and Stripes. And that old motto, “the sun never sets on the British Empire” still rings true, and the hapless American public are clueless to the fact that America’s policies are decided in the City of London, and not Washington DC, because that, dontcha know, is a whacky conspiracy theory.
Now this is the comedy I hope to see in this forum. Full out, unhinged, underwear on the head ravings.

Do you have a room with lots of bulletin boards, news clippings, and pictures all connected with pushpins and string? Can you please post a picture?

Great job.

Old 02-07-2023, 11:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,194,827 times
Quote:

Old 02-07-2023, 11:36 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,462,097 times
Wow I really set this guy off.
Quote:
I’m missing nothing here, but you’re missing everything.
Sure I am. Sure.

Quote:
First, these contributions of a few tanks here, and a few missile systems will do nothing to alter the trajectory of the war, because the war is already lost, and NATO knows this. These are political talking points, not war strategy. It’s nothing more than “see, we are doing everything we can to help Ukraine” political claptrap, for consumption by nitwits who simply don’t know anything about the status of this war, other than what they see on TV.
The war is already lost! Well my friends fighting there sure seem to disagree with you. I actually know folks there. And Ive helped them.

Quote:
Furthermore, this can’t be sustained indefinitely, as you claim, simply because Ukraine is running out of Ukrainians to sacrifice on the battlefield. These tanks don’t operate themselves, and require trained 3-4 man crews, and a few more support personnel EACH just to maintain and keep operational. And a 15 tank unit represents ONE “company” which amounts to 3 or 4 platoons, and roughly 200 soldiers. This is a mission specific force, with very limited capability, and without defensive air support, it’s a DEATH SENTENCE not a fighting unit. Sure, such a unit might be able to kill a few Russians in the process, but has a survival estimate of an ice cream cone in July, on an unprotected battlefield. These tanks are coffins with barrels sticking out of them. You best believe that these tanks aren’t causing Russia’s military strategists to lose sleep at night. If that hardware even makes it there, which is highly questionable, it’s a pimple on a flea’s ass. Ukraine needs 1500 tanks yesterday, not a dozen in a few months. Ukraine is unlikely to even exist as a nation state a few months from now. Sorry Amazon, the address you are attempting to deliver to no longer exists. That’s the reality.
Cool cool. So the whole threatening to nuke us from the Russian TV folks over it sure seems to indicate that Russia recognizes how outmatched they are. Even a "few hundred" of these tanks are enough to make Russia freak out.

As for Ukraine running out of people? LOL. Unlike Russia they treated this as a war form day one. And theyve managed to fight Russia to a standstill. They have 6.9 million fit for service, and had 700K active in July. Russia treated this like a special military operation and had less then 300K assaulting them. And REMAINS behind the ball in getting their people fit to fight.

Ukraines not even close to running out of people fit for military service. And they can afford to draft them because unlike Russia they have outside support. IE no ones is really willing to help the guy trying to kill his neighbors.

Quote:
The biggest, latest, and most dangerous move for Ukraine is the US agreement to send those longer range missiles to Ukraine, which have the capacity to hit targets inside Russia proper. And if you think Russia is going to allow Ukraine to fire off missiles into Moscow, you’re as delusional as the idiots agreeing to send them. The only thing this will cause is Russia to move more deeply into Ukraine, pushing the front line further back, and taking those missiles back out of range. This will only result in more devastation of Ukraine than might otherwise have occurred.
Sure. Because theyve been SOOO succesful in moving into Ukraine so far once the surprise was over.

Quote:
Now, about this claimed NATO “determination” you speak of … the truth is, NATO isn’t operating by the phony propaganda you are … the support for this war inside NATO is melting away as rapidly as the aforementioned ice cream cone, because they know the writing is on the wall. The entirety of the European Union wants this war to end yesterday, including certain NATO members. It’s the idiots in Washington DC who want to fight this war down to the last Ukrainian. Germany is dragging their heels, and Turkey is outright refusing to cooperate. The NATO alliance is fracturing, because many of them fully understand that there are only two ways this can go … a peace agreement, or direct NATO-Russia confrontation that no one of sound mind desires, because the consequences are even greater than what Europe suffered in WW II, and THEY ALL KNOW THIS. The only country other than the US that has any enthusiasm for this conflict is Poland, because they still hate Russians, from the old days of the former Soviet Union. Other than the Poles, not so much in terms of desire to continue this NATO led debacle.
Everyones sending weapons pretty much. so sure. NATO is "fracturing" LOL.

Quote:
I don’t know how this is all going to play out, but if I had to make a guess, I suspect that back channels are already feverishly searching for the best way out of this war, that maintains some remnant of Ukraine intact, because the longer this drags out, the more deeply entrenched Russia will be in larger tracts of Ukrainian territory, and they ain’t leaving, accept under their terms. The Donbas is now Russian territory, and that’s not ever to change now. As for the west’s aspirations to recapture Crimea … totally absurd, and never going to happen.
\
The longer this goes the better the weaponry that Ukraine is getting. While we talk about tanks here a lot, the Bradleys are probably far more dangerous then Russia seems to realize.

Quote:
So, the fate of Ukraine, what’s left of it, depends on NATO’S posture from this point forward. Russia holds all the cards, and everybody knows it.
LOL. Russia is a tiny country less then half our population, and FAR less our GDP. Even so theyre larger then Ukraine...and yet...even from the start they have failed there. So yeah no, no one believes anything you stated here.

Quote:
If you don’t believe me, believe that globalist stooge, General Milley who is subtlety weaving a new narrative, admitting that Russia controls 20% of Ukraine, and that it is unrealistic to expect Ukraine to be able to expel Russia from all of Ukrainian territory this year.
And? Just means its going to take more time, and maybe hundreds of thousands of dead Russians. Thats doable by Ukraine. They estimate Russia had over 1K dead in the fighting today alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies