Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 03:36 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I lived in AMERICA for 30 years and joined this forum while resident there, so yeah. I’ve lived more of my life in AMERICA than in AUSTRALIA. My child and my husband are AMERICAN.

I’ve LIVED in AMERICA for 7 of the 11 years I’ve been in this forum. Mmmmkay?
so what? you're not living here now, but that hasn't stopped you from kavetching about things that go on here.

Quote:
So unlike people who beyotch non stop about Australia because they watched a 3 minute video on bitchute, I actually know what I’m talking about.
is that so, finny?

this was you in may of 2020, was it not?

Quote:
Watching the Huntington Beach protests from Australia (where we've pretty much knocked out the virus completely, by yanno, following public health directives) - you guys in favour of these childish protests are absolutely insane.
lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 03:36 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All people have to go on is social media if they're not reading Australian news. And I admit, for all the news I read, Australian news isn't on the list for some reason. I need to add it.

So they see something and believe it's widespread and thankfully you're here to set the record straight.

Unfortunately, some people don't read what people have to say - they're just interested in posting without reading posts of others, so they'll remain ignorant to the truth.
Yeah mate, and look there are definitely some stupid and arbitrary government missteps, of course there is, and those need to be addressed and pushed back on.

Not disputing that. I am disputing some of these threads that have taken a 1% kernel of truth and extrapolated it beyond all recognition.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so what? you're not living here now, but that hasn't stopped you from kavetching about things that go on here.

is that so, finny?

this was you in may of 2020, was it not?

lmao.
Yep, had no Covid and no restrictions for many months. Thanks for finally recognising that fact.

Lots of Australia still has no virus.

Way less dead people too.

Like way less, by order of magnitude.

And no I don’t live there now. But I do live here. So I know when you’re posting a bunch of BS.

And also, in Australia, our name diminutives mostly end in “o” - Robbo, Danno, Jonno. Or za, like Gary is Gazza.

So Finno works, or Finzza if you’re feeling adventurous.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 09-28-2021 at 03:55 PM..

Old 09-28-2021, 03:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Yep, had no Covid and no restrictions for many months. Thanks for finally recognising that fact.

Lots of Australia still has no virus.

Way less dead people too.

Like way less, by order of magnitude.

And no I don’t live there now. But I do live here.
lol. you claimed it was pretty much completely 'knocked out' in the whole country more than fifteen months ago. so why are there still lockdowns and protests?

yeah, you really 'actually know what you're talking about,' alright

Quote:
So I know when you’re posting a bunch of BS.
ok, tell us. when was that?
be specific.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Local governments have been issuing “ stay at home orders” on/ off for 18 months.

The 537 local l governments counsels expect people to “ stay at home” except for:

Food shopping, including take- out
Medical Care
Compassionate needs
Exercise
Work
Education if remote learning unavailable

^ Hardly a lock down.

What one can’t do is dine or drink in a restaurant, go to cinema or live performances, shop for non- essential stuff or gather with friends/ family beyond immediate.

Obviously the people are sick of it.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
lol. you claimed it was pretty much completely 'knocked out' in the whole country more than fifteen months ago. so why are there still lockdowns and protests?

be specific.
It was.

What about that don’t you understand?

The large majority of Australia has been restriction free up until about July of this year. A lot of it still is.

Delta has been a bit harder to deal with but restrictions are temporary and will start rolling back at 70% vax rate, and will be fully rolled back including mask mandates by December 1, in my state of NSW.

How’s that going where you are?

Old 09-28-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Local governments have been issuing “ stay at home orders” on/ off for 18 months.

The 537 local l governments counsels expect people to “ stay at home” except for:

Food shopping, including take- out
Medical Care
Compassionate needs
Exercise
Work
Education if remote learning unavailable

^ Hardly a lock down.

What one can’t do is dine or drink in a restaurant, go to cinema or live performances, shop for non- essential stuff or gather with friends/ family beyond immediate.

Obviously the people are sick of it.
Thank you. And those restrictions are being rolled back as virus rates increase toward 90%.

And just to clarify, for the majority of the country for most of the 18 months, there have been few if any restrictions, including mask requirements.

I think the whole world is sick if it by now.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:09 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
It was.

What about that don’t you understand?

The large majority of Australia has been restriction free up until about July of this year. A lot of it still is.

Delta has been a bit harder to deal with but restrictions are temporary and will start rolling back at 70% vax rate, and will be fully rolled back including mask mandates by December 1, in my state of NSW.

How’s that going where you are?
rolled off and rolled on any time they can conjure up a threat

Old 09-28-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:

be specific.
As to the specific BS, my favourite was the alarming (especially to Aussies) thread that the government was going through people’s food deliveries to confiscate alcohol, because there was a government imposed limitation of 6 beers, a bottle of wine or a bottle of spirits a day, and the cops were outside people’s residences rummaging through their groceries.

Turned out there were limitations imposed in ONE block of flats that housed chronically homeless people and people at risk for serious mental health and substance abuse issues.

A building run by a charity, who imposed limits on the amount of alcohol delivered per day, for obvious reasons.

Not no alcohol mind you, like every homeless shelter in the US.

Took a few posts to debunk that one.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
They allowed the Gov. to disarm them and now this is what they get !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies