Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 10:09 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,538,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
HAHAHAHA!

By doing what? Messing up papers on desks? Chit chatting with the security guards on the Senate floor!?

They were saying "Hey people, don't forget about us. We're still here. We're not happy about the 2020 election"

That's about it!

You can't be serious that you though they were going to do anything other than voice their frustrations?

That's NUTS!
Many of them were looking for evidence of the election being stolen. They became players or avatars in the reality game they were playing.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:12 AM

19,321 posts, read 17,215,483 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHA!

By doing what? Messing up papers on desks? Chit chatting with the security guards on the Senate floor!?

They were saying "Hey people, don't forget about us. We're still here. We're not happy about the 2020 election"

That's about it!

You can't be serious that you though they were going to do anything other than voice their frustrations?

That's NUTS!
Let just see what happens if a group Breaks In to Lago-Mar or GOP Headquarters how it is handled...

Their just voicing "their frustrations' but when people choose to protest peacefully over racial injustices or other social issues they're referred to as unrest, rioting, Qanon, Antifa. But this rabble is just saying "Hey people, don't forget about us. We're still here. We're not happy about the 2020 election", spare me..

Old 05-10-2021, 10:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,538,956 times
I can tell you that from my POV I was never concerned with the overthrow of the government as it was happening. That’s just silly. What I was more concerned with was the backlash and what the media and the establishment would do with it. Also, this asymmetrical war where everything is subjective to the establishment will not end well.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:14 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,447,717 times
Quote:
Why did they not actively try to physically take over and appoint a new president?
Did you see the guy on the Senate floor saying “well now that we’re here we should setup a government”?

Quote:
Why did they simply go home?
Because Trump told them to. They went home when he told them to. It’s just unfortunate his fragile ego didn’t permit him to issue that order sooner.

Quote:
Why didn't any of them bring guns or start fires, a la CHAZ or the hundred other riots last Summer by the pros?
It wasn’t preplanned by most of the people there to attack Congress so that’s why they didn’t bring guns.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:16 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,985,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Let just see what happens if a group Breaks In to Lago-Mar or GOP Headquarters how it is handled...

Their just voicing "their frustrations' but when people choose to protest peacefully over racial injustices or other social issues they're referred to as unrest, rioting, Qanon, Antifa. But this rabble is just saying "Hey people, don't forget about us. We're still here. We're not happy about the 2020 election", spare me..
NO!

When people BURN DOWN INNOCENT BUSINESSES, TAKE OVER CITY BLOCKS, AND SHOOT PEOPLE DEAD,

We call them riots.

NOT because of what they were "protesting." BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DID!

Do you understand this????

Old 05-10-2021, 10:18 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,969,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I can tell you that from my POV I was never concerned with the overthrow of the government as it was happening. That’s just silly. What I was more concerned with was the backlash and what the media and the establishment would do with it. Also, this asymmetrical war where everything is subjective to the establishment will not end well.
What did you think they were attempting to do on Jan. 6?

Old 05-10-2021, 10:18 AM

46,382 posts, read 27,247,601 times
It would be nice if the left was so adamant about those rioting for the left, breaking into federal building while people are in them and trying to burn the building down.....All it shows is they agree with what they were/are doing.

Could anyone imagine what would happen with the media and the left if a bunch of trump supporters took a city hostage for months, kicked out the police etc....but again, the left agrees with chaz/chop whatever the heck it's called....

Old 05-10-2021, 10:19 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,985,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Did you see the guy on the Senate floor saying “well now that we’re here we should setup a government”?

Because Trump told them to. They went home when he told them to. It’s just unfortunate his fragile ego didn’t permit him to issue that order sooner.

It wasn’t preplanned by most of the people there to attack Congress so that’s why they didn’t bring guns.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is a joke right? A guy in a buffalo suit stands and the podium and says "well now we should set up a government"

ONE GUY! IN A BUFFALO SUIT! UNARMED!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Here's what Trump LITERALLY said (stop making things up):

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

You people truly have WILD imaginations!

Old 05-10-2021, 10:19 AM

33,601 posts, read 18,246,881 times
The BLM and Antifa have been in an Insurrection for many months now attacking federal property.. yet the left says , NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:20 AM

46,382 posts, read 27,247,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

No, lets see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies