Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 09:49 AM

4,994 posts, read 2,006,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
I’m getting two polar opposite interpretations on what happened January 6. One side claims there were overzealous LARPers (Live Action Role Players). The other is that there were hardened insurrectionists attempting a coup. But I think the truth is somewhere in the vast middle.

Compared to the BLM riots, it was street festival.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:50 AM

8,969 posts, read 2,589,073 times
There was a protest that wasn't far left, thus our friends on the far left want heads to roll.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:50 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,464,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
HAHA! So you think these people thought they could "overturn an election" without even firing a single shot?
Absolutely. Trump told them they had to step up. That the survival of the country depended on their actions. I think they could have only done what they did if they believed him and believed their actions could make a difference for Trump. Which shouldn’t be hard to accept either since the people who show up to those type of events tend to be the ones that believe everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:51 AM

5,982 posts, read 2,941,135 times
A group of people decided to attempt to take over the Capitol to try and prevent the peaceful transition of power, following a legal, democratic election. You can decide if that constitutes insurrection, but that is what happened on 1/6/2021.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:52 AM

4,994 posts, read 2,006,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t think it was preplanned by most of the rioters, except for a few military types who came prepared to take advantage of the situation if the opportunity presented itself.

The problem with 1/6, was that, once the riot started, Trump’s perception of it as far as I can tell was something like this: oh wow, these people are willing to basically attempt a violent coup on my behalf, well everything else has failed so far, I’ll go with it.

That is a radical democrat hallucination.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:52 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,454,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
HAHAHA an "insurrection" in which precisely ZERO shots were fired from the "insurrectionists?"
I know. It's so laughable. Not only were the only shots fired from police but there were zero weapons found on anyone. Not even a single brick. Could you imagine the revolutionists armies coming to battle with cell phones and signs? Something tells me we would all be speaking with a British accent.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:56 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,464,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
That is a radical democrat hallucination.
This is a reflexive need to mount a defense for Trump’s fragile ego and an effort to relieve him of any responsibility for his actions since he will never accept that.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:58 AM

6,394 posts, read 2,976,076 times
It was a mostly peaceful protest. Some of them must have been watching Fredo Cuomo on CNN and couldn't find the part in the constitution where it said protests had to be peaceful.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:01 AM

8,954 posts, read 3,001,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Absolutely. Trump told them they had to step up. That the survival of the country depended on their actions. I think they could have only done what they did if they believed him and believed their actions could make a difference for Trump. Which shouldn’t be hard to accept either since the people who show up to those type of events tend to be the ones that believe everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth.
HAHAHAHA!

By doing what? Messing up papers on desks? Chit chatting with the security guards on the Senate floor!?

They were saying "Hey people, don't forget about us. We're still here. We're not happy about the 2020 election"

That's about it!

You can't be serious that you though they were going to do anything other than voice their frustrations?

That's NUTS!

Old 05-10-2021, 10:02 AM

26,431 posts, read 19,306,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I know. It's so laughable. Not only were the only shots fired from police but there were zero weapons found on anyone. Not even a single brick. Could you imagine the revolutionists armies coming to battle with cell phones and signs? Something tells me we would all be speaking with a British accent.
Don't sweat it, the leftists are so dense these days they don't understand that a man with a buffalo hat and a couple hundred drunks with cell phones aren't going to take over much of anything.

To view an insurrection that was at least vaguely successful, the left needs to look inward at their own CHAZ people who declared independence and actually DID take and hold some territory for a time. And if the left wanted to see something that WAS successful, they could take a look at their comrades who stormed Saigon in 1975 or their friends led by Lenin in 1918. Those were successful insurrections. That's how it is done. It isn't done with a buffalo hat, a few dozen cell phones, a few jostled offices, and a handful of broken windows.

You leftist cost this nation billions of dollars last summer in damages, a number lives, and an untold number of livelihoods and now you have the balls to freak out over a bunch of disorganized idiots that got carried away and trespassed? JUST ONE OF YOUR BLM GOON SQUADS caused more dollars worth of damage in one looting last summer. Pick the incident. Just ONE (out of the thousands that happened). Just that ONE cost the taxpayers MORE money than the entire Jan 6th thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies