Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 05:46 PM

33,125 posts, read 19,755,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Only because they have not been vaccinated as quickly as is happening in the U.S., we now have three vaccines to choose from and they have Astra Zeneca, and two European countries have suspended its use over concerns of side effects.
actually most of Europe started vaccinating EARLIER than us..and they have ALL the brands

Europe saw significant drops in their numbers in Jan-Feb... AHEAD of the USA..and now they are seeing some increase in cases....just as the USA WILL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 05:57 PM

34,489 posts, read 18,908,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am curious. I am not a leftist. When you say Leftist do you mean all the people who voted for Biden? Or people who like Bernie and AOC. Or? And when you generalize about millions of people what basis do you use to label them all with the same characteristics? I am not saying that some don't deserve to be labeled this way just wondering if you have criteria to back up what you are saying.
Yes. And you are a Leftist.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,970,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Unfortunately, Italy (and most of the EU) is the canary in the coal mine
Yep, like the first time around.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:33 PM

30,725 posts, read 12,227,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope --- 19.98 per cent of South Carolina has had one dose. It is now at 11 per cent for fully vaccinated.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

That is what I wrote also.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
UK was the first country to approve a vaccine followed by Canada. Some might consider both countries to have socialized medicine.

The US. came in at third place.

The most recent surge is primarily impacting Eastern Europe. Most countries lifted restrictions in anticipation of the vaccination.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is the most common in Europe. 14 countries have temporarily suspended it due to reports ^ may increase risk for blood clots, in some people. Specifically, blood clots have been detected in 30 people which is no greater than the general population.

Parts of Europe are dealing with a combination of prematurely lifting restrictions, concern with the Astra- Zeneca vaccine, new variants and back orders of other vaccines.

Canada is vaccinating very slowly for some reason. The UK is doing a good job like we are. I think the EU is making a mistake halting over 30 cases. With cases rising this is not the time to be timid.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually most of Europe started vaccinating EARLIER than us..and they have ALL the brands

Europe saw significant drops in their numbers in Jan-Feb... AHEAD of the USA..and now they are seeing some increase in cases....just as the USA WILL
That is not correct. The EU was slow to approve the vaccine. The UK was ahead of the US but they are not part of the EU (Brexit)

Covid: Why is EU’s vaccine rollout so slow?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55844268

Old 03-15-2021, 06:42 PM

9,574 posts, read 7,471,335 times
Quote:
Again, the Astra- Zeneca vaccine is the most common in the US.
I think you meant in Europe?

The AstraZeneca vaccine has not even gotten its EUA from the FDA yet, only the Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines have gotten Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA in the US so far and have been distributed.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
LOL. Not in the slightest. You don't even know what a leftist is. To you if one is not lockstep with Trumpisms, boom they are a leftist.

But I am curious what defines a leftist to you? Refrain from personally attacking me this time.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:50 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,154,052 times
Quote:
Florida leads the country in terms of new variants.

Again, the Astra- Zeneca vaccine is the most common in the US. There was concern based on 30 instances out of 100 million+, it may cause blood clots in some people. 14 countries temporarily halted the vaccine and other vaccines are on back order. Current reports indicate there is no connection between Adtra- Zeneca and clotting.

Australia bet the farm on this vaccine and have enough to vaccinate the entire population and as of now have no reservations.
This post is otf. AstraZeneca(AZ) hasn't been approved in the US. So either you mean AZ for United Kingdom(UK) and the European Union(EU) or you meant Pfizer for America. I hope AZ has a safe vaccine but I understand the EU pausing for now. The problem with this however, is that the EU really don't have a back-up like if the US was to have issues with say Moderna's. To date all the US vaccines are safe sans questionable alternative media sources.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:53 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,154,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No Oklazona Bound just doesn't like Trump. Weird how a libertarian can not like Trump yet not be left. Oklazona Bound and I agree on a number of things especially Covid-19 related and disagree on others. Never once unlike other "non-left Trump contrarians" they have given me cause to not think that their views and posting history is a show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies