Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 09:17 AM

5,107 posts, read 3,999,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
We are not going to have the upticks Europe is having. We are vaccinating at three times their rate. And now they are halting vaccinations in I believe 17 countries. We have vaccinated our higher risk people. The numbers will continue to fall unless the SA or Brazil variants turn out to be immune to our vaccine.

If you want to see our future look at the UK or Israel. Not the EU.
Agreed.

We have 120 million + who have ‘natural’ immunity. (Got the virus and recovered) and 2-3 million more each day are getting their first or second jab.

Since the natural immunity and jabbed folks aren’t getting the variants (and certainly not dying of them) we can breath easy on that front.

Simply put, the pool of vulnerable folks in the US is relatively small and rapidly getting smaller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 09:34 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,078,787 times
No more lockdowns we need to learn to live with the virus.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:59 AM

25,452 posts, read 9,886,846 times
Quote:
We are not going to have the upticks Europe is having. We are vaccinating at three times their rate. And now they are halting vaccinations in I believe 17 countries. We have vaccinated our higher risk people. The numbers will continue to fall unless the SA or Brazil variants turn out to be immune to our vaccine.

If you want to see our future look at the UK or Israel. Not the EU.
I hope the vaccines can be tweaked to keep up with the variants.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:27 AM

22,450 posts, read 29,626,519 times
I'm assuming this is happening due to the slow roll out of the vaccine? Am I wrong on that?

Old 03-16-2021, 10:51 AM

32,860 posts, read 19,573,892 times
Quote:
You have to go with EU or UK. Clearly the UK did things independently of the EU. What they did has nothing to do with the EU. Yet you are trying to ride their coattails.

Again UK not EU.

The EU population is much larger than the USA. There numbers are 30% of America

I don't really care about EU (European union) I am describing that England is part of the continent of Europe and always will be

to be so stubborn to continue to say "Again UK not EU" is not seeing the forest through the trees.....is like saying that if California or Texas were to secede they would not be part of the North America continent

Old 03-16-2021, 12:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 12,115,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. I said Europe, not the EU

2. England is still part of Europe (the continent)

3. England has been using the Pfizer vaccine..in fact they were the FIRST country to approve it

4. France did start about 10 days after the USA, and they started with the Pfizer vaccine

5. Germany started the same time as the US, and their prime vaccine is the Pfizer (it is German made after all)

6 The UK actually LEADS the US in number of vaccinations (37.98/100 to 32.01/100)…..Israel (not in Europe) leads the world in vaccinations percent of their population

7. in the number of doses administered the US leads with 107million....BUT...If you count all the countries within the EU (including England) the entire EU has administered over 120mil doses

8 the moderna vaccine is the most common one used world wide with over 100mil doses delivered to arms compared to Oxford/AstraZeneca with over 55mil doses delivered to arms, compared to Pfizer with over 28mil doses delivered to arms..and J&J just starting.... the AZ vaccination was not approved for the EU until 31 Jan

9 there is nearly zero information about the Russian or Chinese vaccination or their percentages, but France did start importing the China made vaccination back in the end of January
You seem to confuse the terms 'the UK' & 'England' and also 'England/the UK' and the EU!? The UK (not just England) is NOT in the EU

Old 03-16-2021, 12:48 PM

32,860 posts, read 19,573,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You seem to confuse the terms 'the UK' & 'England' and also 'England/the UK' and the EU!? The UK (not just England) is NOT in the EU
but England (a country) which is part of great Britain (UK) which includes England, wales, Scotland, and Ireland) is part of the continent of Europe.....the EU doesn't matter...I am talking about continents ..Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, etc

and just because I say England, doesn't mean I am excluding the rest of great Britain, which is STILL (and always has been) part of the continent of Europe

its you guys that seem to be confusing the difference between the continent of Europe and the European Union

do you think that if California left the Union of states (USA), that the territory would not be still part of the continent of North America

Old 03-16-2021, 12:55 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,139,161 times
Hoping our next wave is a small one.

Good thing with the vaccinations is that they are proving to prevent severe cases requiring hospitalization.

We are getting there.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:33 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,632,883 times
Ageed. If we have another wave it won't be nearly as bad because over 100 million doses given since last one. I suspect by late summer we'll be done with serious waves of covid-19 due to vaccine rollout.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:58 PM

30,373 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I don't really care about EU (European union) I am describing that England is part of the continent of Europe and always will be
Canada is next to America and so is Mexico but policy wise all 3 countries have handled the pandemic differently. So if someone says things are going good or bad in North America regarding Covid that would not tell a true story. That would not show how the US is doing only the average of the 3. The EU is one block regarding the vaccine. The UK is not part of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies