Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 03:18 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,941,979 times

Advertisements

In France they discovered a new strain that cannot be detected with the usual tests. They discovered it more or less accidentally because some patients showed typical covid-19 lungs on the x-rays, but consistently tested negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 03:21 PM

Europe's vaccination campaign is one big mess. The pandemic is yet another example where the EU has failed miserably so far.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:22 PM

23,797 posts, read 24,288,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Third Covid wave sweeps across EU and forces new restrictions
Well I have to disagree with that.

The virus didn't force anything. That's propagandaspeak for "comply if you want to be safe." It's like the Terminator's "come with me if you want to live." Same thing. Playing on your most basic survival instinct to gain your trust.

In the movie, the robot could be trusted. In real life, we're dealing with people. Powerful people, and power corrupts. I thought we all understood that, but it seems that people need a refresher right now.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Well I have to disagree with that.

The virus didn't force anything. That's propagandaspeak for "comply if you want to be safe." It's like the Terminator's "come with me if you want to live." Same thing. Playing on your most basic survival instinct to gain your trust.

In the movie, the robot could be trusted. In real life, we're dealing with people. Powerful people, and power corrupts. I thought we all understood that, but it seems that people need a refresher right now.
I disagree. Some countries in Eastern Europe are drowning in patients. When the hospitals are full, there is no denying that things are very serious and drastic action needs to be taken asap.

We already had that situation here in Portugal, i.e. the third wave, about 6 weeks ago. It was horrible and only a strict lockdown rescued us.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:44 PM

9,521 posts, read 10,939,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m done with all this nonsense. It’s time to live normally and let God sort it all out.

It’s not my problem if you aren’t strong enough to fight the virus off, nor should it be your problem if I’m not strong enough.
I support this sentiment wholeheartedly. It’s a virus and nothing we do beyond vaccinations and gaining immunity from getting the virus will stop it. Time to accept reality.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:51 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,341,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In France they discovered a new strain that cannot be detected with the usual tests. They discovered it more or less accidentally because some patients showed typical covid-19 lungs on the x-rays, but consistently tested negative.
This probably has existed since the beginning to be honest as we’ve seen cases of people test negative the entire course of the illness and not understood why

Old 03-17-2021, 04:11 PM

7,379 posts, read 6,613,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
China is producing vaccines for much of the world. I know Mexico is all in on Chinese vaccines. India I believe also. Apparently they are only 60% effective or less. Hey China is the reason we have this pandemic. No doubt. How did they create a hoax around a cold? Its a legit deadly virus not a hyped up cold.
Except that's not at all what the data says.

Quote:
And how is the vaccine which the ones we are using were created in the west. How is the vaccine depopulating the west?
For all we know it will cause sterility.
Quote:
China has prospered by selling us their low quality crap. I have all sorts of issues with that. How do they gain by killing off their customer base?
You don't think they'd sacrifice money for power in a heartbeat?

Quote:
You need to analyze these sound bites you are hurling. Most make no sense at all.
The only ones not making any sense are the communists, fauci, the cdc, and w.h.o. and their loyal followers.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
For all we know it will cause sterility.

The only ones not making any sense are the communists, fauci, the cdc, and w.h.o. and their loyal followers.

Speak for yourself, the consensus is that there is no sterility. Why would there be now when we are subject to like half a dozen mandatory vaccinations as children and yet we have kids later on.

Don't you think it is time you finally abandoned that denial attitude? Haven't enough people died already because of the messages people like Trump and you have been spreading for a year now?

Old 03-17-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
This probably has existed since the beginning to be honest as we’ve seen cases of people test negative the entire course of the illness and not understood why
Might be, yes. Or faulty tests. The soccer player Ronaldo was also infected, and had lots of tests, most of them came back negative, a few positive.

Since so few people are immune so far in France, such a new strain might pose a serious problem, though, as it could already be spreading like wildfire without anyone noticing. Maybe it would be better to stop all passenger flights to and from France for a while, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies