Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 PM

19,383 posts, read 6,587,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What about muting the mike of the moderator? This is a bigger problem with interrupting Trump when he tries to speak.
I like that idea. What can happen now, with the commission’s new rule, is that the leftist moderator will feed Biden set-up questions that will allow him to criticize Trump for two full minutes. And then the leftist moderator will ask Trump a false gotcha question, and then as Trump answers, the mod will interrupt and challenge him throughout (like that Savannah witch did a few days ago).

So.... the mod’s mike should be muted after asking questions.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:14 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,499,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I don't see why it's a problem. Biden cannot interrupt Trump, and trump cannot interrupt Biden.

How could anybody, Trump or Biden supporter, take issue with that?

Trump has no choice. Backing out of the last debate would look really bad.
You would only take issue with it if your intention was not to have an actual debate, but that is of course Trump's position.

We know Trump is not the best at giving long form policy oratory.

He just wants to attack Biden 100% of the time rather than have an actual debate.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I don't see why it's a problem. Biden cannot interrupt Trump, and trump cannot interrupt Biden.

But the biased MODERATOR could still interrupt! She’ll let Biden go on with his lies, and then she will challenge Trump every few seconds as he answers his question.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:18 PM

4,223 posts, read 4,963,686 times
Quote:

The moderator cannot become a debater which has happened to Trump both times. You seem to be intentionally ignoring that issue.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:19 PM

3,615 posts, read 1,698,478 times
Great idea...Trump will try to interrupt some other way and not follow the rules...won't work...peoples minds are made up.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:20 PM

490 posts, read 154,647 times
It's like the Biden folks watched a completely different debate than everyone else. Did Trump interrupt more often, yes. Does that mean Biden didn't interrupt nearly as much or whenever he saw fit, no. Not to mention he was the first to interrupt.

Trumps strategy seemed fairly obvious and that was to get Biden to slip up and have senior moment. It really didn't happen, so his strategy failed. But Biden was as much a clown as Trump was. Why can't people look past their biases and give an honest take on things. In reality by being blinded by your own partisanship is only doing yourself a disservice. You can support a candidate and still criticize them and admit when they screw up.

Trump's campaign already stated he was going to have a different strategy this debate. It's clear he needed a different one.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:22 PM

5,634 posts, read 2,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The moderator cannot become a debater which has happened to Trump both times.

BOTH times??? Trump only attended 1 debate this year.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:23 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,951,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
The rules have not been changed. They are just explaining how they will enforce the mutually agreed to rules.

Trump has a problem with rules applying to him, so I imagine he’ll cry and whine about it. But ultimately the debate is the last chance he has to turn things around, so he’ll do it.
I can't argue against that point. Trump thinks rules are for everyone else unless they benefit him personally. I would like to see shock collars added for lying, omitting, or being incoherent. They would both be electrocuted in the first 10 minutes.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:24 PM

5,695 posts, read 6,303,730 times
If they do adopt this rule I MIGHT (MIGHT) watch. If they don't I won't be and I know a number of my friends are thinking the same. That last "debate" was an embarassing fiasco for all involved. Not wasting my time again.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va-mainah View Post
It's like the Biden folks watched a completely different debate than everyone else. Did Trump interrupt more often, yes. Does that mean Biden didn't interrupt nearly as much or whenever he saw fit, no. Not to mention he was the first to interrupt.

Trumps strategy seemed fairly obvious and that was to get Biden to slip up and have senior moment. It really didn't happen, so his strategy failed. But Biden was as much a clown as Trump was. Why can't people look past their biases and give an honest take on things. In reality by being blinded by your own partisanship is only doing yourself a disservice. You can support a candidate and still criticize them and admit when they screw up.

Trump's campaign already stated he was going to have a different strategy this debate. It's clear he needed a different one.
The strategy should be easy. Instead of Trump jumping in to correct Biden on his lies, and thus interrupting, he should take notes, and then when it’s his turn to respond, simply dismantle Biden’s lies one by one. I bet I could do it, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies