Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2020, 05:21 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,882,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jesus was a leftie, of his day. He booted the merchants and money changers out of the Temple. No friend of the merchants, he!
He was all about befriending the outcasts of his day too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 05:56 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,863,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jesus was a leftie, of his day. He booted the merchants and money changers out of the Temple. No friend of the merchants, he!
Nope, not true. He was against it being done in a Holy place.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:28 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,645,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Thank you for your work with foster kids. Not enough people realize that sometimes these kids become sexually actively or purposely pregnant because they are desperate to love and be loved.

Far too many unwanted, unloved children are brought into this world and the same people who fight for them to be born hate them afterwards.

“Life is precious” only applies to the fetus in the womb. As soon as they are born, the right doesn’t want them to have food, shelter or education.
Don’t want to present a false narrative. I worked with teenagers (and adults) in the mental health and addictions field. Since most of my my career was with what used to be classified as medically indigent population My clients regularly came up through the foster care system or had kids in it. But I was not exclusively with foster kids. Way too many horror stories out there though. More understanding and less judging would go a long ways.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:01 PM

386 posts, read 170,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’m not a leftist, but I have never observed that. My wife aborted at 16. She isn’t very emotional about it, certainly not taking any pride, but she probably would be in the proverbial ghettos of LA with more kids and more fathers had she not gone through with it.

How smart were you at 16? Hormones, raging boners, a girl who was also that hormonal. Unless you’re willing to pick up the tab, don’t tell me you think abortion should go by the wayside.
So money is more important than a human life! Wow. Give the baby a death penalty, we can't afford it.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Which is the why the right should be the first one to embrace widely available contraception to help reduce the problem, but instead you've got nutjobs like Mike Pence who embrace abstinence only policies
ummm you have that WRONG. What should be embraced is M O R A L S.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:07 PM

8,599 posts, read 4,846,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovorlando View Post
So money is more important than a human life! Wow. Give the baby a death penalty, we can't afford it.
That’s fair, until those on the right either acknowledge abortion, or a welfare state. Can’t have it both ways, folks. What’s it gonna be?

Old 02-29-2020, 07:07 PM

Abortion is murder. All of you who are for abortion are for murder, barbaric murder. End of story.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,814,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just an observation-those on the left seem to take a lot of pleasure in killing tiny humans.
No one likes abortion more than Republicans. It is the hen laying golden political eggs. Without it they would lose so many votes they'd never win an election again. This is why they never try to ban abortion, even when they have full control.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:14 PM

8,599 posts, read 4,846,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovorlando View Post
Abortion is murder. All of you who are for abortion are for murder, barbaric murder. End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one likes abortion more than Republicans. It is the hen laying golden political eggs. Without it they would lose so many votes they'd never win an election again. This is why they never try to ban abortion, even when they have full control.
I don’t have enough tin foil for a hat if I BBQ my steaks after this.

Get a grip.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:24 PM

73,125 posts, read 62,950,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
That’s fair, until those on the right either acknowledge abortion, or a welfare state. Can’t have it both ways, folks. What’s it gonna be?
This is the thing. Many people want both the welfare state and abortion banned. What it's really about is money. Some people feel like "no welfare state, no women having babies out of wedlock". Right, go look at Brazil. No welfare state there, and there are alot of out of wedlock births there, not to mention a higher birth rate. Go look to the favelas of Rio de Janeiro and other Brazilian cities. Alot of violent crime, street children, chaos. Of course, there are some people who are slanted towards eugenics and will use that situation to say "'see, this is why we need abortion". I'm against abortion. I am also against gutting welfare. I would say that welfare just needs to be reformed. Part of me could say "you don't work, you don't eat", but when children are involved, I can't say that. If a parent is just that negligent, then the children need to be taken out of that home and put somewhere much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies