Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 09:59 AM

25,655 posts, read 17,402,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And that's good enough for you, eh?
It will be good enough until Pelosi sends the articles of impeachment over.
She is threatening to not send them over until the senate does things her way.
Mich doesn't want them anyway.
That Nancy! She's a sharp one, I'm telling you!

Old 12-21-2019, 10:02 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,396,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I agree that nothing will change. However, maybe Trump might think twice before he tries to hold up aid to a foreign government until they do an investigation on his political opponent. And if you think the word impeachment is grating on your nerves, you should see what it's more than likely doing to the occupant in the White House, if tweets and out-of-control rants are any indication.
Yes, maybe the word “impeached,” forever listed after his name, is not quite enough to punish Trump for being so completely dishonest, but perhaps it will deter him from trying even more crooked acts in at least the near future.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,613,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
During the second term, Presidents often come to think about their legacy. But nothing he does now will erase this stain. This is how he will be remembered. Considering his hubris, this will gnaw on him day and night for the rest of his life. That will probably give some people a certain satisfaction. Just watch how he obsesses about this in the coming years, like Sysphus.
^^^^This. This will forever stain his legacy and he knows it which is why he has been so unhinged lately. I love it.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:07 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,613,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It will be good enough until Pelosi sends the articles of impeachment over.
She is threatening to not send them over until the senate does things her way.
Mich doesn't want them anyway.
That Nancy! She's a sharp one, I'm telling you!
Her way? If her way is the way the Constitution demands then you are right, it is her way. Imagine if a loved one was murdered and the person going to trial was released because the judge decided to not really have a trial because he likes the guy and helped him out. You would be outraged. This is exactly what Moscow Mitch has said ne would do. No trial, no witnesses, no testimony. I don't blame her for doing this. Would you if the situation was reversed and it happened to be a Dem president?

Old 12-21-2019, 10:08 AM

12,983 posts, read 9,701,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
For some reason the dems seem to think this "impeachment" is a long lasting stigma on the president.

At the risk of repeating myself, this is nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
It has about as much importance as a kid serving an hours detention in school.
Without actual removal by the senate, this impeachment is D.O.A.
I has absolutely no effect on how the president carries on into the future, and will not leave a mark on his presidency.

Impeachment without removal is a dead issue.
It has about as much meaning as being censured, which is useless as well

Bob.
WOW, you seem pretty upset about this whole thing. You so tired of hearing about it, so you create a thread about it, so the other side can tell you more on why he got impeached. And trying to convince yourself that it's really no big deal, is a dead give away that you are struggling with this, you can't accept that can happen to your god. Perhaps going shopping and getting out the house will do you some good.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
THIS WOMAN IS CLEARLY INSANE. If I interviewed her at any hospital I would ask for a psychiatric evaluation and recommend a medical hold for 72 hours...
She might be insane, but Trump is no match with her.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 AM

10,543 posts, read 6,190,781 times
Because it's their constitutional duty.

Democrats are standing by their oath of office.

Republicans on the other hand are not.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 AM

15,912 posts, read 6,613,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Given that almost nobody who supports Trump takes the impeachment charges seriously, it's hard to see how it makes much difference to his legacy.
Perhaps not to others. But that wasn't the point.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You seem to forget that half the country are not Trump supporters. Doesn't matter that you or his supporters don't really care that he's been impeached. It will stay with him as long as there is history to be learned. He will forever be known as only the third president to be impeached. An honor that he doesn't seem to be happy having.
Absolutely

Old 12-21-2019, 10:17 AM

15,912 posts, read 6,613,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Beware of history. What will it say about the kangaroo court that was used to do it? This is really the first partisan impeachment ever. There was nothing honorable about how this was carried out. It was a political hit. Nothing more and nothing less.
Well this is the impulse mood of the moment by his supporters. History usually takes a deeper look at the evidence, including the testimony and the documents currently locked away in the White House vaults. I expect that will only further confirm the events revealed by the testimony, unless they order it all burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies