Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 05:18 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,128,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I agree that nothing will change. However, maybe Trump might think twice before he tries to hold up aid to a foreign government until they do an investigation on his political opponent. And if you think the word impeachment is grating on your nerves, you should see what it's more than likely doing to the occupant in the White House, if tweets and out-of-control rants are any indication.
The so-called stain of impeachment the Democrats applied to the President will fail.

Not only will he be acquitted, the false charge will be expunged. President Trump will not retain the label.

The Left will melt-down. Remember you heard it here!

Old 12-22-2019, 05:20 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,128,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
He will forever be branded with the scarlet "I". Convicted or not there is a certain notoriety about being impeached. It is like a sports team that has an asterisk next to its name because of a problem with the game.
See my post above.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:49 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,847,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I didn't agree with you.

The letter was written by lawyers. The legal/constitutional language makes that clear. They added stuff that sounded like Trump.

Not sure how you think I was agreeing with you.
You said they added stuff in Trump's voice. That to me didn't sound like you thought he wrote the entire thing. Personally I think that the two distinct writing styles indicate that it was co-written. Likely originally authored by the lawyers and edited by Trump, mostly likely at the chagrin of his lawyers.

Quote:
I also don't agree with you about the Biden stuff. It stinks. I don't know if there is anything to it. Questioning whether or not there is does not imo make anyone guilty of anything.
You call this "questioning?"

"You know full well that Vice President Biden used his office and $1 billion dollars of US. aid money to coerce Ukraine into firing the prosecutor who was digging into the company paying his son millions of dollars."

That's from Trump's letter and that's not questioning. It's an unequivocal accusation, but it goes against the historical record of what actually occurred.

"Through 2015 and early 2016, domestic and international pressure (including from the IMF, the EU, and the EBRD) built for Shokin to be removed from office. The Obama administration withheld $1 billion in loan guarantees to pressure the Ukrainian government to remove Shokin from office."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

So for Trump to put such blatant, debunked fiction, in writing, is an act of desperation and a tacit admission of guilt on his part. Furthermore, you Trump supporters who persist in retelling this fiction over and over again are just making yourselves look silly.

Old 12-22-2019, 07:59 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You said they added stuff in Trump's voice. That to me didn't sound like you thought he wrote the entire thing. Personally I think that the two distinct writing styles indicate that it was co-written. Likely originally authored by the lawyers and edited by Trump, mostly likely at the chagrin of his lawyers.

You call this "questioning?"

"You know full well that Vice President Biden used his office and $1 billion dollars of US. aid money to coerce Ukraine into firing the prosecutor who was digging into the company paying his son millions of dollars."

That's from Trump's letter and that's not questioning. It's an unequivocal accusation, but it goes against the historical record of what actually occurred.

"Through 2015 and early 2016, domestic and international pressure (including from the IMF, the EU, and the EBRD) built for Shokin to be removed from office. The Obama administration withheld $1 billion in loan guarantees to pressure the Ukrainian government to remove Shokin from office."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

So for Trump to put such blatant, debunked fiction, in writing, is an act of desperation and a tacit admission of guilt on his part. Furthermore, you Trump supporters who persist in retelling this fiction over and over again are just making yourselves look silly.
I think lawyers wrote the letter. I doubt Trump sat around editing a six page letter. He maybe gave them points he wanted covered or they know him well enough they knew what he wanted covered. I think there are one or more people that write for Trump as Trump for example on his Twitter. Maybe they helped. Some combo thereof. I also think this letter was in the works for a long time, so it could be a combination of the case the lawyers wanted to lay out and notes they've taken along the way of things Trump has said.

As to your bolded statement about Biden, what part of that didn't happen?

Old 12-22-2019, 08:14 PM

929 posts, read 400,149 times
Nazi Pelosi holding the articles and playing math games goes like this:

Democrats play more games, it solidifies the fact that they don't have nothing, more people realizes this (see current impeachment polls)

+

Senate Republicans don't want it and can dismiss it with a simple majority, Chuck Schumer has no leverage, zero, nada

= more united Republicans, more people are pissed off at Democrats for wasting country's time, Big victory in for Republicans in 2020.

If White House council is reading this, this is what I would recommend when it goes to Senate trial, the Senators who are running for President should recuse themselves since, in essence, it would be clearly conflict of interest. Conflict of interest in that they cannot be fair in judgement when they are running against Trump for President. This would further reduce the number of Democrat senators during the trial.

2020 will be a landslide win for Trump, we can already see it. The house will be back to Republican hands and Nazi Pelosi will retire. BIG WIN for all American Patriots!!

Old 12-22-2019, 08:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
It is a fake impeachment like Joe Biden's candidacy as being viable is fake. Nobody believes it.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:21 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The so-called stain of impeachment the Democrats applied to the President will fail.

Not only will he be acquitted, the false charge will be expunged. President Trump will not retain the label.

The Left will melt-down. Remember you heard it here!
LOL, no one can expunge the label of being impeached. Trump will retain that label for as long as he lives and beyond. It will be the only thing he will be remembered for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies