Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:31 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,159,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm not sure if this is satire or serious. The bolded make me think it's satire. Or... do people actually believe these things? Also, if this is not satire, how could Clinton be both dead and continuing to kill people?
Osama died in either 2001 or 2002.

CNN.com - Pakistan's leader thinks bin Laden dead - January 18, 2002
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oliverburkeman
https://www.foxnews.com/story/report...n-already-dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 09:39 AM

6,834 posts, read 2,436,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I do believe the US government are behind , directly or indirectly, a lot of insidents and always have been. But that is something we can't do anything about.
I also believe this. While we might be the greatest country in the world concerning being a democracy or what is deemed to be a democracy by scores of people, we are guilty of so many crimes, sins, incidents, errors, and mistakes. It is behaviors like this that I can see why many people might have anti-American mentalities.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,159,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I also believe this. While we might be the greatest country in the world concerning being a democracy or what is deemed to be a democracy by scores of people, we are guilty of so many crimes, sins, incidents, errors, and mistakes. It is behaviors like this that I can see why many people might have anti-American mentalities.
Contrary to the beliefs of many on this board, I'm not anti-American.

What I am is virulently anti-government and anti-authority--like the people who fought the British in the 1770s.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:53 AM

29,093 posts, read 30,594,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Belief in conspiracy theories is for weak minded individuals.
I don't believe it is, what I do believe, is, that you should try very hard then to disprove it, instead of throwing around insults simply on the basis of a disagreement....

Old 04-15-2019, 09:56 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,787,361 times
The type of people to latch onto conspiracy theories are easily influenced. Throw around a few false "facts" and see who tries to put them together and accept a "theory" without looking into whether any of what you have proposed is true in the first place. These are people who can be talked into believing absolutely anything. We are dealing with the ramifications of this right now. Scary.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,712,145 times
I believe that Trump is not a Christian and has a mild form of dementia.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 AM

15,678 posts, read 10,711,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Mine:

Roosevelt knew the Japs would attack long before. He wanted the U.S. to enter WWII.
Well this could certainly be true. When I was remodeling an old cabin in Colorado, I found an old prewar newspaper. It was a bit of an eye opener, they seemed to think it was definitely coming. Did everybody know?

Old 04-15-2019, 10:10 AM

3,612 posts, read 2,296,919 times
Here's something for you all to ponder:

Anybody notice that, upon going to the doctor's office, they almost always demand to draw blood now-a-days? Or the comparatively recent explosion in popularity and advertising for DNA-testing sites like Ancestry and 23&me? Notice that birthrates trend towards the decline and roughly 50% of the world is reproducing below the replacement rate? That fertility issues and certain birth defects have been on the rise for a couple of decades?

What if these things are not are not the separate considerations they appear to be, and something is so wrong that public knowledge would surely lead to mass hysteria and widespread unrest?

Just a fun thought I had last year and have been writing a fiction about.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,770,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
An old one: there is an automobile engine that can run 100 miles on a gallon of gas and the oil companies are squashing it.
The problem with that one is that it's an obvious violation of the laws of physics.

It assumes an absurdly high energy content from a gallon of gas.

In the real world, burning a gallon of gas yields only so much energy and that's all there is.

It was one of those problems we had to work out in an undergrad physics class.

Maybe a superefficient hybrid will make it there someday, but not an oil burner.

Heck, even most motorcycles won't achieve that kind of mileage.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:15 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,078,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
There's lots of debate these days about conspiracy theories, especially regarding the deep state and government control and the truth behind many tragic events. Anything that doesn't agree with the liberal media's take on things is considered a "conspiracy theory" that should be silenced. But what conspiracy theories do YOU believe are true?? Which cases do you not believe the official media or government version of events?????

Here's my list ......

1. I do believe that Obama's birth certificate MAY have been forged. Though to be honest the fact that his mother is a U.S. citizen does make him eligible to be President, regardless of whether he was born in the US or not.

2. I do believe that Obama at least was a Muslim at SOME POINT in his life, though he probably is not a Muslim today. Not that his Islamic childhood hasn't affected in some ways. I won't consider Jeremiah Wright to be a true Christian either though......

3. Its my sincere belief that the federal government/deep state carried out the Las Vegas attack at Mandalay Bay. This was most likely to promote gun control and other left wing policies. I also find suspicious how many survivors died in very sketchy ways in the weeks after the shooting. I refuse to believe that a single person with no military or police experience, no history of mental illness, etc etc can just commit an act like this and shoot so accurately. (I do NOT believe that Sandy Hook or Parkland was staged, those were real events, though the media used them to promote their agenda).

4. I believe that the Waco Massacre in 1993 was indeed planned and orchestrated by the federal government/deep state under the orders of Bill Clinton and Janet Reno. Likewise I do believe that the activist at the Oregon wildlife refuge, Lamar Finicum, was indeed murdered in cold blood by federal agents. The Waco massacre may have been motivated by Reno and Clinton's desire to cover up how they botched the initial raid and the unconsitutionality of their initial attack against the compound and the abuse of power of the ATF and FBI goons.

5. I'd say there's at least a 20% possibility that Justice Antonin Scalia didn't really die of natural causes and that the Secret Service had him killed on Obama's orders. Its very suspicious how despite having no medical problems, he conveniently had a heart attack the one night he's away from his wife, on a property controlled by the Secret Service.....just in time for Obama to TRY to nominate another liberal judge to the court as his failed presidency was coming to an end.

6. I believe the Obama family and their political influence in Chicago had something to do with Jussie Smollett not being punished for his crimes.
I dont believe in conspiracy theories, but I believe the State or Government are capable of anything to save their own asssess. (even false flag attacks) .

Earlier in feudal systems, Kings held ultimate power and people perished for their BS. Even though there is some sanity these days, poor people and powerless people still perish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies