Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 03:21 PM

25,607 posts, read 17,346,241 times

Advertisements

Putin "meddled"? Sometimes ya just gotta shake your head. Not a darn one of these libs can point to what Putin did beyond that catch-phrase, "meddle".

Old 07-18-2018, 03:21 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,748,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump's idea of "peace" with Russia is rolling over and allowing them free rein to meddle at will without consequence. In fact, to deny they meddled at all, because Vlad told him so. So there!

Thanks, but no thanks. I love my country, even if you don't.
Didn't they agree to hold joint hearings to examine the evidence of Russia meddling? Of course, the media doesn't want us to remember that part.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok??? But he was a target and since it's common sense knowledge that foreign countries always try to gain intelligence on us you would think that he would have used a better "password" / "password1234". Geez.
Good news then. That wasnt his password. Why do you people fall for this nonsense? This is "fake news". Like real actual fake, not the nonsense where its something you dont like.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Didn't they agree to hold joint hearings to examine the evidence of Russia meddling? Of course, the media doesn't want us to remember that part.
Yep, they did. it won't happen though because Mueller won't want it to happen.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,241,065 times
Kennedy on the Cuban Missile Crisis:

"Finally: I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to halt and eliminate this clandestine, reckless, and provocative threat to world peace and to stable relations between our two nations. I call upon him further to abandon this course of world domination, and to join in an historic effort to end the perilous arms race and to transform the history of man. He has an opportunity now to move the world back from the abyss of destruction -- by returning to his government's own words that it had no need to station missiles outside its own territory, and withdrawing these weapons from Cuba -- by refraining from any action which will widen or deepen the present crisis -- and then by participating in a search for peaceful and permanent solutions.

If it were Trump

"Finally: I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to h̶a̶l̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶l̶i̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶k̶l̶e̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶o̶c̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶b̶a̶n̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶i̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶y̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶t̶o̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶C̶u̶b̶a̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶e̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶s̶i̶s̶ ̶-̶-̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ let me know how the weather is in Cuba, and how are the missiles?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Quote:
Would this work for Dems

Trump to Putin: "you are a brutal killer who ordered meddling in elections"?
I know words are hard....but here's a better way

Today I met with Putin as the first step in improving our relationship.

We've had some tense moments in the last few years not agreeing on policies in Crimea and Syria and with the recent realization that Russian individuals have been found guilty of meddling with the USA Presidential elections.

The USA needs to stand firm against any country that attempts to interfere with our political process. Today I spoke firmly with Putin about this issue and he has assured me that Russia has no interest in meddling (lies we know that but you know...you have to be realistic about what could/would be said).

Our intelligence community says there is no doubt. And there will be zero tolerance for this kind of behavior.

Speech writers with years of experience could provide better verbage but the intent could be the same.

Firm, unyielding, leaving no doubt there is support and trust for the intelligence community.

There was no threat of war from Russia.

There was no need to sell the USA soul to the devil to avoid war.

We've had way more tense and controversial moments with Russia and survived.

Trump orchestrated this event for his benefit, if he failed to get any traction out of it -- that's on him -- not on liberals, the media, his critics.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Quote:
Would this work for Dems as moneill suggested?

Trump to Putin: "you are a brutal killer who ordered meddling in elections"?
How about this:
"Mr Putin and I disagree about if his government meddled in our elections. Our intelligence agencies have found plentiful evidence indicating otherwise, and I hope that we can discuss this matter and resolve it so that it never occurs again"

edit-OK Moneill for 2020

Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Good news then. That wasnt his password. Why do you people fall for this nonsense? This is "fake news". Like real actual fake, not the nonsense where its something you dont like.
That's why I asked in a previous post. Either way, he and the DNC was hacked so obviously they didn't do a good enough job of protecting their information.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,824,414 times
Quote:
That's why I asked in a previous post. Either way, he and the DNC was hacked so obviously they didn't do a good enough job of protecting their information.
So was the RNC.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,736,603 times
Quote:
Ok... Russian hacking happened on Obama's watch and he chose to do nothing or little about it. so why no outrage toward Obama.

Link to McConnell nixing Russian interference known?
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-biden-359531

Quote:
Biden: McConnell stopped Obama from calling out Russians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies