Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM

25,652 posts, read 17,396,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
what do you suppose Trump lambasting Putin in public would have resulted in?
Screeching from The Left, I'm guessing.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,107,514 times
Quote:
Probably a spanking from Putin. Though we've heard that Trump enjoys being spanked, so probably more like getting sent to bed without his supper. Now that would be punishment for the fat orange man.

Honestly, you guys have been trying to tell us how tough Trump is, and now you're making excuses for how weak he appears. Make up your minds.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:22 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,792,306 times
Quote:
I don’t know, maybe the same thing as lambasting our NATO allies in public did?

Old 07-18-2018, 02:22 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,251,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
C'mon now. Texans are smart people, and you know full well that the issue with Trump and his dealings with Russia is not about him wanting "peace" with Russia. I'm sure you'd be hard-pressed to find a person who would say they don't want the US to be on better terms with Russia. That's not what this is about.

People are upset because Russia has been proven to meddle in democratic elections around the globe, including ours. It's common knowledge at this point, and the evidence for it abounds. Russia wanted to do whatever they could to sway the election in Trump's favor, and Trump refuses to acknowledge it or give Russia their rightful blame. It's dishonest of him to say otherwise, and a slap in the face to any patriotic American who can't stand the fact that Putin stuck his dirty little fingers in our pie. Seeing our president stand next to Putin, knowing what he did, and affording him compliments as opposed to taking a hard line on him made Trump look like a little weakling.

Of course, you already know all this. I get it. It's embarrassing when the person you support messes up, or has to admit an adversarial country might've helped get him elected. It's a hard pill to swallow, but it needs get down anyway. Trump messed up. We all need to hold his feet to the fire.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Democrats and their corporate masters want Cold War II. This was Obama's plan all along.

Trump has now quite effectively neutered that plan.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,947,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I guess that makes perfect sense....... to someone not dealing from a full deck of cards.

Who is kidding who here?

Wanting Peace and civil relations with Russia, is now treason. You will get called a traitor.

My GOD PEOPLE! Do you not see how deranged this is, to take a stance that is so irrational and not see how you are losing elections?
What is clear is the way you twist and spin.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:25 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,941,727 times
Quote:
Liberals....

If Trump would have been harsher... Liberals would scream he's trying to cause a war, it's Armageddon!
Trump is careful ... Liberals scream he's too soft

pfft Trump Derangement Syndrome. Tuning into liberal media to get your fix on liberal outrage.
What in God's name is Trump Derangement Syndrome? Sounds like some petty Fox News BS. All these stupid terms getting made up everyday by a bunch of whiny and immature people acting like spoiled children. How about we let the kids be in charge of schoolyard namecalling and you go back to acting your age?

This is not about harsh vs soft. It's about strong vs. weak. Trump is weak on Russia. He has evidence handed to him from the best intelligence agencies in the world showing what Russia did and he refuses to acknowledge it because it might reflect badly on him. Where I come from, that's called weakness. He needs to stand up tall and take a firm stance against Russia, back his own people, and put his country before himself or his ego.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:25 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,800,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Screeching from The Left, I'm guessing.
Yea pretty much. They'll screech no matter what he does so it's best to ignore them, look at the favored result and act accordingly.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,107,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Democrats can’t make up their minds why they think Trump is a traitor. If Trump wants peace, they will say he’s a traitor. If trumps wants war,, they will he’s a traitor.

Whatever is the flavor of the day.
Trump's idea of "peace" with Russia is rolling over and allowing them free rein to meddle at will without consequence. In fact, to deny they meddled at all, because Vlad told him so. So there!

Thanks, but no thanks. I love my country, even if you don't.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM

17,372 posts, read 12,333,769 times
Stop pretending that outrage over this is just coming from Democrats/leftists. Nothing to start WW3 over. But that doesn't mean you don't at least call them out over such attacks. He's failing to defend the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies