Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 AM

53,398 posts, read 35,111,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Farmers and ranchers won't have crops without bees and other insects to pollinate.
of course they will.

ever hear of corn?

how about wheat?

Quote:
Fisherman won't have fish when the phytoplankton has died, which will affect the rest of the food chain.
phytoplankton are in no danger of dying out.

Quote:
Think about it. This stuff doesn't just spring up out of nowhere. That's like saying our food comes from the store.
keep smackin' while you contemplate the fact that the great bulk of what we eat is pollenated by wind, not bees.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 AM

53,398 posts, read 35,111,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
You are either being disingenuous or deliberately obtuse. Read the link I gave. CD has rules about copyright infringement, so I can't just repost the entire story here.

But to be specific, the scientists are:

Autumn Oczkowski, a research ecologist at the E.P.A.’s National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory Atlantic Ecology Division in Rhode Island

Rose Martin, a postdoctoral fellow at the same E.P.A. laboratory

Emily Shumchenia, an E.P.A. consultant

Apparently, you think that scientists who work for the EPA are "fake" scientists or something. Everything you people don't like gets labeled as "fake" these days.

If you can't understand the simplified reply that I gave to your previous question, then it's because your mind is closed. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time answering questions about science from someone who obviously has no desire to actually understand it.
I read the article. there are no scientists there having even the remotest part in keeping me or anyone else fed.
why you demand that we should thank them if we like to eat, is truly a conundrum. why not thank a plant geneticist or a soil scientist or bovine veterinarian? at least that would make some sense.