Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 9,001,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
All of what you said about the so-called politicization or corruption of the IPCC scientists has been debunked. Get a clue.
Debunked by folks pushing a political agenda. Were you one of them?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:06 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,077,924 times
Serious question here-- can you believe anything you hear on a public website? Even one that allows anyone to register without any evidence of their real identity?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:11 PM

33,646 posts, read 37,373,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Not a credible source and the issue is greenhouse gas emissions, of which CO2 is a portion.
Didn't read the page I linked to did you? No problem, as you probably wouldn't understand it.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:15 PM

39,957 posts, read 26,726,745 times
So...the EPA is to focus on pollution instead of weather? Whoda thunk it?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:17 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,567,512 times
Quote:
Debunked by folks pushing a political agenda. Were you one of them?
Never mind. I just realized I'm trying to reason with someone who has the mental capacity of a rebellious, know-nothing teenager.

Carry on. You are free to say any word of idiocy with no response from me.

Jesus, no wonder we have a psychopath in the White House.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 9,001,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Never mind. I just realized I'm trying to reason with someone who has the mental capacity of a rebellious, know-nothing teenager.

Carry on. You are free to say any word of idiocy with no response from me.

Jesus, no wonder we have a psychopath in the White House.
I hope you one day realize you are a tool of the left. I suspect that day will never come, sadly. You're too willing to be led and aren't interested in critical thinking.

And just so you know, people like you are the reason Trump is in the White House. And will be for 7 more years. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:27 PM

33,646 posts, read 37,373,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...the EPA is to focus on pollution instead of weather? Whoda thunk it?
Weather? I haven't seen weather mentioned in this thread. By the way do you think the Trump version of the EPA is doing a good job on pollution?

Old 10-24-2017, 01:00 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,989,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The oil companies have always been leaders in pushing AGW. They're the ones who stand to gain the most. You think some mom and pop start-up is going to invent the new technologies and write the new regulations? Hell no, it's Exxon Mobil/BP/Chevron et al that stand to create a virtual monopoly on energy for the next century. Of course these people all want the carbon tax and a carbon exchange because they stand to make trillions from it. Who do you think gets to collect the trillions in global carbon taxes? The US treasury? Nope. Corporate bankers. Who do you think is going to run the carbon exchanges? Take a look at the failed Chicago Carbon Exchange that Al Gore tried to start. Look at his partners in it. Exxon Mobil, Citibank, BP, Enron & Kenneth Lay (yes, that Enron & that Kenneth Lay). Look at the Carbon Exchange in Europe. England's wealthiest billionaire has earned the most from it so far due mostly to free credits he was given by the government, that he then sold. This is how the hustle works. All these new carbon taxes, new carbon exchanges, new regulations....they all favor the wealthiest 1% on the planet while screwing the regular people AND.....they offer to solution to climate change. None.
The oil companies like to hire the best - climatologists included. Exxonmobil, etc. also knew almost from the very first what the scientists were trying to puzzle together. Once the CEO's learned that AGW was an all too real possibility and all the nasty ramifications that go along with; the profit motive instinct was overwhelming. Lies, lies, lies. Constructing houses of cards with walls made completely of glass. And then they start in with the rocks. The sheeple aren't even smart enough to duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Cultural Revolution of China, from half a century ago, has been reincarnated in our nation. In China, university professors were rounded-up and murdered, to implement the anti-intellectual purge. The purpose of course, wasn't to bring any benefit to the people of that country, but rather to increase the power of the political dictatorship and to regiment the unwitting students and other younger people, into carrying-out actions against resistors.

Of course here, the stooges in this revolution are just the opposite of the students and other young people of China. They are the older, ignorant and unemployed rednecks, in the flyover states. In a slip of the tongue (one of many), Trump said how much he liked uneducated people. He'd be nowhere without them.
Great analogy! I've read that even people wearing glasses were subject to be sent for "re-education" on the grounds that they must have been reading so much that they lost their eyesight. Only an educated person would do such a thing - or thus went their thinking. Much the same things happened in Cambodia's "Killing Fields."

One needs to be willfully ignorant to fall for ExxonMobil's propaganda without so much as a second thought. The right is deeply skeptical of the poor man, fearing he seeks to pick their pockets or worse. Meanwhile the CEO Billionaire class is telling the most amazing lies and the right adoringly laps them up without so much as a second thought. They don't understand that the ExxonMobil crowd and their minions are hell bent on stealing the birthright of every human being on this planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Here's the thing about science: It's not supposed to be anecdotal. With AGW, it's anecdotal. No scientist can tell us what % of AGW humans account for, what the %'s are year to year, what the decrease in temperature would be if we did X, how long it would take, etc.

Last I checked (a couple years ago) the top scientists were saying that if the entire planet went back to the stone age tomorrow, we would not slow climate change for at least 100 years, if at all, because it's only theoretical. They also theorized that in 200 years, we could see a reversal of temperatures. Forget all the fraudulent science, the fudging of the data, the outright lies, the climate scientists quitting the IPCC due to the base politization of the science. What's more concerning is the ever changing goal posts opf this new pseudo science. 10 years ago the most alarming claim was that less than 1% of AGW was caused by humans. Then it became 5%. Then it jumped to 30%. Then it shot up again anecdotally to "Most of it" is caused by humans. How could it go from 1/2% to the vast majority in under ten years? What new evidence was uncovered? The answer of course is that there has been no new evidence, but people walking around saying man is only accountable for 1/2% of climate change does not support the narrative, so up, up, up, up it went with nothing but theories to back it up.
This is where you and I are at a complete 180. Climatology is a science, just like any other science. AGW is a phenomenon which climatologists study in order to gain a better understanding of what has happened and why; and what WILL happen and why.

APG is NOT anecdotal, rather it is a scientific fact. The industrial revolution, the subsequent increase in the burning of more fossil fuel by several orders of magnitude, combined with the steady increase of CO2 as measured in the atmosphere and recorded by scientifically calibrated instruments are all PROVEN FACTS.

I'm not sure what actual measurement you mean when you write "APG" in your reply here.

AGW = Anthropogenic ie human [caused] Global Warming.

Since by definition, APG is human caused, there is no squabble as to how much is caused by humans or not. It is caused by humans. Period.

You need to get your science from a better source. Start with James Hanson's Storms of My Grandchildren and then get back to me.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:32 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,694,387 times
Quote:
Not a credible source and the issue is greenhouse gas emissions, of which CO2 is a portion.
Scientific American is not a credible source? You must be kidding. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get an article published in Scientific American?

Old 10-24-2017, 04:00 AM

8,922 posts, read 5,676,417 times
Republicans work for big business. The word climate change means they have to stop polluting. Trump doesn’t want business inconvenienced in any way. Just dump your toxins in a river or stream. Don’t worry about the emissions coming from your chimney either. With the appointments of some of the heads of these departments it looks like he is trying to destroy the system of government we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.