Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times

Advertisements

The Russians are trying to stop the globalization movement. They are the middle class American's ally more than Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,298,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Yay, let WW3 start. Nobody cares what Russia says
That's really smart, Bob.
What do you do for a living?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,078,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. Burns View Post
This whole Syria policy has never made sense to me. Assad doesn't like Isis - neither do we, neither do the Russians. So it would seem we should all be on the same side. Contain Isis, right? But no - we are against Assad?
This is how it works, our allies Saudia Arabia and Turkey is against Assad, Hence the US is against Assad. Also, it would be embarrasing to let Assad win, because then what was the point of arming the rebels?

Russia and Iran want to keep Assad in power, because that is in their interest. Since ISIS fight against Assad, then it becomes a difficult for the west to both fight Assad and ISIS.

Quote:
We get no news about what is really going on in Europe with the influx of Syrian immigrants
What has happened is that balkan has closed the migrant route. Hence the asylum seekers are no longer coming.

This shows how hypocritical the progressive left is, last year they said it was impossible to close the borders (it wasn't) and that we have a humanitarian duty to take care of them. Now that they have stopped coming, then the progressive left stays quiet. They don't even want to take refugees stuck in Greece.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:12 AM

20,478 posts, read 12,398,694 times
I will be honest OPPerson... im to biased to discuss this. so instead, this is a link to green party candidate Jill Stein talking about Hillary's policy and the prospect of war with Russia.

Jill Stein: Hillary Clinton's Declared Syria Policy Could Start A Nuclear War | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 10-14-2016, 07:14 AM

20,478 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. Burns View Post
This whole Syria policy has never made sense to me. Assad doesn't like Isis - neither do we, neither do the Russians. So it would seem we should all be on the same side. Contain Isis, right? But no - we are against Assad?
its simple really. Assad is anti-Muslim Brotherhood.

that's what matters to the Current administration and to Hillary Clinton.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,751,846 times
Of course we have been trying to pick a fight with Russia for the last few months, we are backing the ISIS rebels fighting their closest ally, we are bombing another close ally, we have Obama and Clinton blaming Russia for all their issues, we have placed nuclear bombs along their border despite treaties not allowing us to be that close, you have our current SOS threatening Russia, and you have Russian government officials calling back their citizens from around the world and telling us they are ready for war. What more do you need to know?

I personally was young but remember the old USSR, and hated them like just about every other American, but in this case I do not see how the Russians are at fault. We are the aggressors and pushing for a fight, they are saying they have had enough and will fight if we continue to push, and the Russia and US citizens are the ones going to pay the price with their lives. Sure the USA will likely win, but why? What does a war with Russia accomplish for our country? Why are millions going to die to accomplish a world government that I and many people do not want and do not ever see working?

I really find it funny that many of the people on this board pushing for Hillary to be elected were the same ones pushing for criminal punishments for Bush and Cheney for the Iraq war. They have no problem supporting Obama and Hillary pushing for a war with a far bigger and stronger country that has done us no wrong. People want to compare Trump to Hitler, but only one candidate has the media answering to her, only one candidate openly threatens other countries, only one candidate has a history of her enemies winding up dead, and that is not Trump. If Hillary wins I am truly scared of what will happen.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Russians are trying to stop the globalization movement. They are the middle class American's ally more than Hillary.
Sadly I believe that is true, and yet people will vote for her.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
There is some pretty strong evidence that they are not 'fighting ISIS', they are firing on rebels, and trying to keep Assaud in power. So, I think we can reject that argument.

ETA: you keep telling us that hillary is a hawk, and that we will go go war because she likes war. Allegedly, trump wants to step back from the world stage and let all those countries duke it out among themselves. So, why are you saying the US should be' preparing likewise'? And, of course, saying that trump is 'likeable'... is possibly going a bit far.
Throwing a couple of bombs are rebels is nothing considering we are also the ones arming those rebels and have been for years.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:28 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Interesting observation.

I have no doubt that Putin's opposes globalization. Eliminating joint efforts to put a halt to his expansion plans works for him.

But is that in the best interest of the Americans?

The idea that we can isolate ourselves from the rest of the world is delusional at best. That train has left the station.

We need to figure out how we can keep our military-industrial complex under control and pull back from meddling in the affairs of other nations. Eisenhower warned us about this and yet, here we are.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:12 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,877 times
@ post number 1: OP, have you heard of Dr. Paul Craig Roberts? His biography is impressive, economist, civil servant under a former President, businessman, and has spent time in academia.

I'm new to him I have to admit. But I had come across his name on the Internet and then decided to see if I could check him out on YouTube.

This YouTube video was uploaded about 1 week ago. It's an interview he gives to some guy in the UK. The whole thing is worth listening to. I know better understand why Russia may well think at this present moment the US is about to launch a military war against Russia. Pay special note to the end of the video in which Dr. Paul Craig Roberts says those in the US Government that think the US can make it through a thermonuclear war are wrong. Pointing out that those nukes today are far more powerful than the ones we dropped 2 Japanese cities decades ago. One thermonuclear bomb today he say would make the area we know as New York City uninhabitable for over 1,000 years. He calls American politicians reckless, irresponsible, and the Amerixan people gullible. And credits the United Kingdom voting down its Prime Minister's decision to send British Troops to wage WWIII with the US against Russia (over Assad supposedly gassing his own people and the red line Obama gave) as having saved the entire earth from WWIII and possibly nuclear war.

He even defends Assad and virtually praises Putin for diplomacy and restraint. He says the West puts out blatant lies. That much I knew long before listening to him.

(Now, with wikileaks and Hillary emails complimenting Vladimir Putin, it should become (but it won't) apparent that even she didn't believe her demonization characterization of Putin but knew Americans are so mentally challenged, emotionally child-like and prejudice, that appealing to Russo-phobia would be enough to get them to back WWIII and put her in the White House.)

Americans are often fond of reciting the cliche: "absolute power corrupts absolutely."

But how many Americans when they recite that as some religious, absolute truth, ever question what that means when the US has become the only Superpower on planet earth, when her own politicians become virtual gods of the planet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPBKWxqlaQ

Long before I came across Dr. Paul Craig Roberts I composed a paper in college on the environmental effects of nuclear war. So, I've known that Game Theory has been applied to nuclear warfare strategy and that the name of the game in nuclear warfare is to strike first.

Ergo, the problem if Russia is led to believe--wrongly or rightly--that the US will launch a nuclear attack on Russia (which is why Putin and Russia oppose that missile defense system, capable of being armed with nukes--being placed close by Russia in Romania, because the nuclear strike would hit Russia in 5 minutes and Russia could not fire a retaliation nuclear strike back).

Before listening to Dr. Paul Craig Roberts I knew that NATO was a tool of empire, a tool of the US empire, because I knew from reading military history that empires drag vassal nations with them to carry out ears of expansion into the empire. And each nation they conquer gets swallowed up into the empire and therefore usable in the future for providing soldiers for wars for the empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies