Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 06:26 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,935,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There is one thing the Russians want above all else, and that is a weakening of the NATO alliance. Trump has signaled that he is ready to start undermining NATO - for that reason alone Putin would love to see him in office.
Yes because it is very wrong to expect NATO allies to pay their fair share instead of expecting the United States to just carry the load for them. I detest Trump, but he is right. If you want in you need to pay your fair share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 AM

33,639 posts, read 18,327,964 times
Could be Obama wants to stay in office and will have World War III to stay in office. This is getting out of hand now. Thank God for everyday a nuclear weapon is not deployed. Nuclear war will come upon us swiftly. It is written.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:32 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,729,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I suspect they are getting ready to fight ISIS, as we should be, of course, if Hillary is elected, her approach is that if you ignore their behavior, that without attention, they will simply stop.

It will take a world effort to stop ISIS and Russia is preparing. How could anyone fault them for that? The US should be preparing likewise and elect a leader that is likeable enough and able to negotiate with foreign countries so that working as one, ISIS can be defeated.

Pretty easy to figure out and even by an uneducated Trump supporter and a woman at that!
There is some pretty strong evidence that they are not 'fighting ISIS', they are firing on rebels, and trying to keep Assaud in power. So, I think we can reject that argument.

ETA: you keep telling us that hillary is a hawk, and that we will go go war because she likes war. Allegedly, trump wants to step back from the world stage and let all those countries duke it out among themselves. So, why are you saying the US should be' preparing likewise'? And, of course, saying that trump is 'likeable'... is possibly going a bit far.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 10-14-2016 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: add text

Old 10-14-2016, 06:33 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,935,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you serious?

You believe Trump is likable and able to negotiate with foreign countries to get them working as one?

Where would you come up with such notions?

In the first place, Trump has made it clear he wants to back away from international alliances. He goes on about it constantly and said it plain as day in the first debate. One of the more memorable moments of that evening was when Clinton looked straight into the camera and said the U.S. will indeed be honoring our international commitments.

As to being likable, guess that's a matter of opinion. As far as I can tell, Giuliani is one of the few who share your opinion. Maybe Christie, Hannity, and that Breitbart guy. But even Pence is backing off.

Trump is one of the more unlikeable presidential candidates I can ever recall.

Putin may play Trump for a fool, but hard to imagine Trump will convince Putin to do anything he doesn't want to do because of the likeability factor. That's just ridiculous on the face of it.

I'll take you at your word that you are an "uneducated Trump supporter." Who am I to argue that? But good Lord woman, the stake are too high here to ignore facts and reality.
There is likable and then there is selling out in an effort to be liked. Buying friends really doesn't work. Most adults understand this fact. We have been trying to buy friends in the ME for a long time and those bought friends have a nasty habit of stabbing us in the back. That would include Israel.
Our international commitments. We should renegotiate any trade deal, and military commitment that isn't favorable to the USA. NAFTA is an excellent example of a very bad deal.
To defeat ISSIS we need Russia. We need to pressure Saudi Arabia into taking Refugees. We need to stop using LBJ's playbook from Vietnam.

WE need a president who understands that the United States Military is not the world's police force.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:42 AM

38,754 posts, read 26,567,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Russia is ordering all of its officials to fly home any relatives living abroad amid heightened tensions over the prospect of global war, it has been claimed. Politicians and high-ranking figures are said to have received a warning from president Vladimir Putin to bring their loved-ones home to the 'Motherland', according to local media.

It comes after Putin cancelled a planned visit to France amid a furious row over Moscow's role in the Syrian conflict and just days after it emerged the Kremlin had moved nuclear-capable missiles nearer to the Polish border.

Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev has also warned that the world is at a 'dangerous point' due to rising tensions between Russia and the US.

• Comes amid worsening relations between Russia and US over Syria crisis
  • US has pulled plug on Syria talks and accused Russia of hacking attacks
  • Russia has moved nuclear-capable missiles nearer to the Polish border

Who cares?

Donald Trump said "*****"!

Priorities people!

Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 806 times
The question or debate is, whether or not Hillary would plunge the US into a conventional war leading up to exchanging nuclear weapons with Russia? The answer is yes, she would. She has already proven that she would remove elected leaders of foreign countries. She is not opposed to arming terrorists like Al Nusra, Al Qaeda and ISIS to overthrow world leaders. I believe the countries she helped destroy as SoS were just warm-ups for her plans to destroy Russia. In fact I believe she and Obama want this war with Russia for political, economic and ego purposes. Should we be afraid? If you are not right with God, yes you should be afraid. Will she place the US into a nuclear winter, and cause millions to die for her personal goals? Absolutely. So this is not a discussion about would she. The answer is she will without a doubt move forward with her agenda against Russia. She is already laying the groundwork with her campaign against them. She wants total control of the world with no opposition, and she will kill anyone who gets in her way to achieve it. And she will sacrifice anyone to get what she wants. She is more dangerous that Adolf Hitler. This is not an opinion, this is a fact based on her past actions.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:46 AM

68,419 posts, read 54,790,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Saudi Arabia needs to do a lot more than build that wall.

However, given that North Korea is capable of launching nuclear weapons against the U.S. and the fallout from an nuclear exchange, wherever it is, means that we can't really ignore what else is going on in the world.

Gee, you mean we've been duped all these years being told MAD would ensure peace?

Old 10-14-2016, 06:46 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,244,212 times
US missile defense in Europe directly threatens Russia doesn't help matters.

Gotta look at the whole picture imo.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,244,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We're surrounded by two friendly countries and two oceans, no need to police the world, only to defend ourselves. Let those more directly threatened by ISIS lead the fight, starting with ALL the nations of the ME.
Yes I'm so freakin tired that we the USA are the world police.

Let's take care of our own "sick and injured first and last".

The USA for the USA citizens.

Nationalism NOT Globalism.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:52 AM

16 posts, read 28,467 times
This whole Syria policy has never made sense to me. Assad doesn't like Isis - neither do we, neither do the Russians. So it would seem we should all be on the same side. Contain Isis, right? But no - we are against Assad?

(Meanwhile, the media keeps throwing stuff against the wall thinking it will stick and be a distraction - Kardashian jewelry robbery - Clinton's friend accuses DT of being an octopus when on a plane flying first class, when he's flown on his own jet for decades? Wikileaks gets no mainstream coverage but the Kardashians are important? And does it seem odd that all these Trump news dumps come out right after a Wikileaks leak?)

IF Clinton/Obama started a war with Russia - would that delay the elections? To me that is a question kind of percolating in my thoughts.

But back to the ISIS issue - they have poked a big old hornets nest with the Arab spring, we get no news about what is really going on in Europe with the influx of Syrian immigrants - and Hillary wants to bring - what - 500K of them here? That scares me too - I have daughters and granddaughters and call me racist if you like - but I read the Daily Mail out of London and it paints a pretty scary picture with news that our media doesn't bother to share with us.

Sorry - this post was all over the place subject wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies