Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 05:40 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,953,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, all the news in the last few days about Russia ramping up its military in different places... reminds me of the hostages in Iran being held until the minute the election was over, and Carter lost to Reagan. At the time, there was a lot of talk about reagan manipulating the situation, and iran wanting reagan to be elected. Who knows what the reality was, just saying that there was talk about it then.

Is it possible that the sabre-rattling by russia right now is designed to affect the outcome of the election this time? Who are they hoping to help? On one side, there are people who say it would be dangerous to have trump in charge at a critical time like this, and, of course, there is the other side, who says it would be dangerous to have clinton in charge.

If it is true that russia is behind all the hacking, and was giving wikileaks all that stuff on the democrats, would it be likely that russia is trying to get trump elected? Or, is it just as asange says, he hates clinton, so will only release bad stuff on that side?

What does russia have to gain by having whichever one of the candidates they might be supporting as president?

I guess we'll know the day after the election?
There is one thing the Russians want above all else, and that is a weakening of the NATO alliance. Trump has signaled that he is ready to start undermining NATO - for that reason alone Putin would love to see him in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:01 AM

26,045 posts, read 22,245,465 times
I suspect they are getting ready to fight ISIS, as we should be, of course, if Hillary is elected, her approach is that if you ignore their behavior, that without attention, they will simply stop.

It will take a world effort to stop ISIS and Russia is preparing. How could anyone fault them for that? The US should be preparing likewise and elect a leader that is likeable enough and able to negotiate with foreign countries so that working as one, ISIS can be defeated.

Pretty easy to figure out and even by an uneducated Trump supporter and a woman at that!

Old 10-14-2016, 06:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,611,423 times
Put that old Y2K bunker to good use.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:05 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,370,766 times
Redundant thread

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...preparing.html

Old 10-14-2016, 06:07 AM

26,607 posts, read 15,177,061 times
Quick, hit Hillary's Russian reset button again - that had the wrong translation!
http://eaglerising.com/wp-content/up...set-button.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-14-2016 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-14-2016, 06:13 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I suspect they are getting ready to fight ISIS, as we should be, of course, if Hillary is elected, her approach is that if you ignore their behavior, that without attention, they will simply stop.

It will take a world effort to stop ISIS and Russia is preparing. How could anyone fault them for that? The US should be preparing likewise and elect a leader that is likeable enough and able to negotiate with foreign countries so that working as one, ISIS can be defeated.

Pretty easy to figure out and even by an uneducated Trump supporter and a woman at that!

We're surrounded by two friendly countries and two oceans, no need to police the world, only to defend ourselves. Let those more directly threatened by ISIS lead the fight, starting with ALL the nations of the ME.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
Russia ramping up military? Who are they supprting?
It psychological warfare to get their candidate, Donald Trump, to win US elections.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:23 AM

51,674 posts, read 25,930,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Are you serious?

You believe Trump is likable and able to negotiate with foreign countries to get them working as one?

Where would you come up with such notions?

In the first place, Trump has made it clear he wants to back away from international alliances. He goes on about it constantly and said it plain as day in the first debate. One of the more memorable moments of that evening was when Clinton looked straight into the camera and said the U.S. will indeed be honoring our international commitments.

As to being likable, guess that's a matter of opinion. As far as I can tell, Giuliani is one of the few who share your opinion. Maybe Christie, Hannity, and that Breitbart guy. But even Pence is backing off.

Trump is one of the more unlikeable presidential candidates I can ever recall.

Putin may play Trump for a fool, but hard to imagine Trump will convince Putin to do anything he doesn't want to do because of the likeability factor. That's just ridiculous on the face of it.

I'll take you at your word that you are an "uneducated Trump supporter." Who am I to argue that? But good Lord woman, the stake are too high here to ignore facts and reality.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:24 AM

51,674 posts, read 25,930,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We're surrounded by two friendly countries and two oceans, no need to police the world, only to defend ourselves. Let those more directly threatened by ISIS lead the fight, starting with ALL the nations of the ME.
Saudi Arabia needs to do a lot more than build that wall.

However, given that North Korea is capable of launching nuclear weapons against the U.S. and the fallout from an nuclear exchange, wherever it is, means that we can't really ignore what else is going on in the world.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:26 AM

1,268 posts, read 801,284 times
Trump is in their pocket. A few compliments, some loans, and he is touting Putin as a great leader. Trump remains clueless. Putin isnt some great democratic leader. Do some research. I don't want to be Russia's *****. I can't imagine the party that is first to hoist the flag is willing to bend to the whims of Putin. Donnie likes him because he wants that kind of forced power here. It's not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies