Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 07:56 AM

808 posts, read 1,679,858 times

Advertisements

God isn't real so how does that work?

This is the problem with religion. Everyone is happy to leave the religious to believe what they want, but the religious are so adamant about involving themselves in the lives of others.

Freedom of religion and freedom from religion. The only people who can't get through that are religious people. Not enough to believe something, gotta believe what I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 07:56 AM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If there is a compelling reason to remove the child, fine. If it is a judge exercising his or her beliefs from the bench, not good.

I'm a conservative for the most part. Based on the article, I see no real good reason to have made the ruling. Until the transcripts are released, which is not likely, we only have the account of the women involved. In light of that, I have to withhold any real opinion either way.
This^^^. We will never know everything that was in the files. Just because you are fostering a child, it does not mean that you will be able to adopt that child. There are so many possibilities. Children this young are rarely available for adoption and there waiting lists of approved families and a match is made "in the best interest of the child" which is the way the decision should be made.

Unless you have been involved with adoption, you have no way of understanding why this decision may have went the way it did. Adopting an infant up to about 2 years old usually involves a long waiting period. We adopted, first tried to work with the state and then ended up adopting through a private agency.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,247,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Interesting. Homosexual people are the product of a heterosexual relationship. So I guess you could argue that more straight people produce "fruit loops" than homosexual people.
And there it should end. Nature does have a habit of producing aberrations that is usually culled out by nature.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:24 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,061,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And there it should end. Nature does have a habit of producing aberrations that is usually culled out by nature.
Nice - so my daughter is an aberration that should be culled?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:29 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Right. Humans have been around for about a million years. Why hasn't the culling occurred?

Your response bespeaks an ignorance of basic genetics.

Edited to add - also, an ignorance of social history.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,577,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Nice - so my daughter is an aberration that should be culled?
Not at all. There are those out there who are self loathers which is why they say the vile things they say, to try to make themselves feel better.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:31 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
As you pointed out the child in question is a foster child. What you missed, or conviently ignored, is the fact that the parents in question had to be approved in the first place to get the child. Obviously they met the qualifications or they wouldn't have gotten the child.

Exactly, there didn't appear to be any allegations of abuse or neglect, therefore, in my opinion, this Judge acted improperly and beyond the scope of his judicial role. This is why Activist Judges suck! A black robe does not confer unilateral power onto the Judiciary!

Still agree with the underlying position that children fare better with two parents of different genders, but THIS is not an appropriate action for a Judge to take!!

All you have to do is read what children, raised by homosexuals, have to say. There are thousands of children raised in LGBT households that are against SSM and have expressed the damage they suffered as a result of their upbringing and how LGBT households do not benefit children. Of course, those voices are forced out of the conversation by LGBT activists, but they are definitely present and deserve to be heard.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I hate nobody....I just find bigotry repugnant.

Says the person whose bigoted viewpoint paints all evangelical Christians as "homophobic haters". Irony alert!

Old 11-13-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's hard for me to find anything objectionable about a child being placed into a home with a presumably decent man and a woman.

The issue is whether a judge has the right to take a judicial action outside the scope of his judicial power. The answer is NO! Judicial Activism is destructive and wrong. The ENDS DO NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS!

Old 11-13-2015, 09:38 AM

23,586 posts, read 17,266,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A Utah judge has ordered that a foster child being raised by a lesbian couple be taken away and given to a heterosexual couple. There is nothing in Utah law where the sexual preferences of foster parents matters, The judge did this because, he believes, it is better for the child. These strikes me as outrageous. Do conservatives support this kind of judicial activism?

Utah lesbian couple speaks out on Judge Scott Johansen's order to remove baby - CBS News
Judges have among their ranks profoundly bewildered members. For instance the judge in Mass who took the young girl fromher family for her protection and she almost died under care of the state. she was finally returned.

Then the judge in DC who sued a dry cleaner for 7 million dollars for losing his pants.

Chris Christie dumped a judge when he got into office for being an anti gun activist with a record of poor decisions.

The justice system needs and overhaul as do the legislators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies