Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 09:22 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,923,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You folks crack me up.

90% of you don't even know where today's LIVING politicians stand. That's why you're all so disappointed with most of the dopes you voted for.

But you wanna pretend to speak for the sentiments of dead people as if you have a clue.

Get real.
Bernie and Hillary both plan to tax Chinese carbon emissions, and Russian and Middle East liquid carbon sales. It will be like, um, a VAT on anything carbon.

Bernie is promising to spread the "carbon tax wealth" to the general population in the U.S.

This is Bernie's plan to finance his New American Affluence.

People will be dropping dead from Affluenza.

Hillary plans to finish constructing her global eagle's nest.

Both are kilting at windmills.

Science will need to be (is) perverted to bring this about.

Webb says that we need more Fukishimas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 09:31 AM

29,668 posts, read 16,719,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Nope. I never said that. Try reading my posts again.
You said he wouldnt be a Democrat, which doesnt make sense seeing as his brothers were both Democrats, one being a sitting U.S. senator until his death in 2009.

Out of all the Senators and Represenatives who held office at the time, only 4 have switched parties. it is highly unlikely JFK would have been kicked out of the Democratic Party or wouldnt want to be apart of it.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:03 AM

17,439 posts, read 28,756,443 times
He wouldn't be kicked out. He would just be marginalized like how Jim Webb is being marginalized.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:10 AM

29,668 posts, read 16,719,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
He wouldn't be kicked out. He would just be marginalized like how Jim Webb is being marginalized.
Jim Webb isnt being marginalized, he just doesnt have any support nation wide.

No one argues that Bobby Jindal or any of the other 4 candidates under 1% in the polls are being marginalized, why do it with Webb ?

Old 10-17-2015, 11:43 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,013,645 times
Jim Webb is just a lousy candidate. He's totally awkward in the debates and seems creepy about his war experiences. He couldn't hack the Senate. It should be clear to him by now that he isn't going to be President, and he isn't going to be Vice President. That obvious lack of clarity on his part, alone, disqualifies him for the office.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:54 PM

27,478 posts, read 15,577,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Shock Kennedy, what about Evert Dirksen, Jacob Javits, Nelson Rockefeller, Edward Brooke? Hell I doubt that William F. Buckley would recognize these folks.

Glad that group is gone.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:44 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,379,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Glad that group is gone.
Well if you are one of these new Republicans, I have not doubt that you are happy because to be in favor of such a group would require a level of intellectual acumen that is beyond the ability of the GOP these days. As a democrat (small d) I'm miss their ability to at least make strong, rational, evidence based arguments. It is ironic that while I was in college I was so tired of left wing dogma that I found that only the conservatives of the day could articulate a cogent arguments.

I miss that.

Today, when I listen or read conservative arguments all I hear or read are laughable revisionist history, Orwellian double speak, risible talking points and arguments that don't require anything but a few seconds of Googling to rebut, when in the past it took rigorous research to respond. I miss the A team of conservative debate... hell I miss the JV team.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:08 AM

38,757 posts, read 26,567,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
JFK most likely wouldn't fit in with todays Democrats. I doubt that Reagan inspire of all the conservative love would fit in with todays GOP. Why? Because both men had a talent for reaching across the aisle and asking what is best for the nation. Both were also the undisputed leaders of their party. Was GWB the undisputed leader of the GOP? I don't think so and I don't think that Obama is the leader of the Democrats. What would JFK have thought of John Kerry or Hillary Clinton? Seriously what would he think of Biden?
What would Reagan have thought of Ted Cruz or the Trump approach?

Reaching "across the isle" is a gross oversimplification of Reagan`s leadership and indicates that you erringly believe either party in any fashion whatsoever has the interests of the nation at heart such that compromise and cooperation between them would result in anything beneficial to ordinary Americans.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:28 AM

773 posts, read 794,063 times
Quote:
Well if you are one of these new Republicans, I have not doubt that you are happy because to be in favor of such a group would require a level of intellectual acumen that is beyond the ability of the GOP these days. As a democrat (small d) I'm miss their ability to at least make strong, rational, evidence based arguments. It is ironic that while I was in college I was so tired of left wing dogma that I found that only the conservatives of the day could articulate a cogent arguments.

I miss that.

Today, when I listen or read conservative arguments all I hear or read are laughable revisionist history, Orwellian double speak, risible talking points and arguments that don't require anything but a few seconds of Googling to rebut, when in the past it took rigorous research to respond. I miss the A team of conservative debate... hell I miss the JV team.
I think we led parallel lives. I never got the Hippies. I grew up in a Republican household. I voted Republican. But I haven't seen one GOP candidate I can cast my vote for anymore. Their debates insult our intelligence. I think they have all lost their marbles. I've often wondered if they are even capable of intelligent, reasonable debate.

Great post!

Old 10-18-2015, 09:05 AM

12,638 posts, read 9,006,846 times
Quote:
By the way, Democratic Party doesn't do purges, we leave that up to the GOP and the Tea Party. If you miss the conservatives who were prominent in the Democratic party, there absence rest firmly on the Tea Party.
Bwahahaha, do you guys really believe the tripe you write? Ask Bob Casey and Joe Lieberman if the Democrat Party believes in purges.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies