Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times

Advertisements

If Christ was alive today would he would say, Thank God I'm not a Christian as Carl Jung the famous psychologist was quoted as saying in this article, Thank God I'm not a Jungian? Would Buddha say, Thank God I'm not a Buddhist?

blessings...Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
If Christ was alive today would he would say, Thank God I'm not a Christian as Carl Jung the famous psychologist was quoted as saying in this article, Thank God I'm not a Jungian?

blessings...Franco
good post you got rep.
of course its pretty easy for me to see the dead chicken tied on the head of another person. i think considering the circumstances that for all their flaws modern christian deserve a lil slack. christ would say ok, you did a lot of stuff wrong, but for one or 2 good moves i am going ot wipe the slate clean. thats how he does it.
thats how im guna go it.
thats my story and im stickin to it.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
good post you got rep.
of course its pretty easy for me to see the dead chicken tied on the head of another person. i think considering the circumstances that for all their flaws modern christian deserve a lil slack. christ would say ok, you did a lot of stuff wrong, but for one or 2 good moves i am going ot wipe the slate clean. thats how he does it.
thats how im guna go it.
thats my story and im stickin to it.
I didn't read the article as saying "Jesus would be disappointed in what he saw.."

It states:

"These are the radical masters who will not tolerate followers or hangers-on because they know spiritual freedom is only attainable for those who dare to stand naked before the truth--i.e., without pre-established loyalty to a doctrine or guru."

Which is completely different..

Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Bunky39 wrote:
i think considering the circumstances that for all their flaws modern christian deserve a lil slack.
Agreed, and I would expand your statement to say that we ALL deserve a lil slack!

blessings...Franco

Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
I think the Buddha would be sad to see so many effigies of him on display. He would say that people were missing the point.

If Christ were alive today, he would be saddened by how many bad deeds were being done in his name, ditto for Mohammed.

If Rama and Sita were alive today, they would say that the world had not changed much...that much wickedness exists but that people can rise above it with kindness and compassion - if only they are strong enough.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:59 PM

bigthirsty wrote:
I didn't read the article as saying "Jesus would be disappointed in what he saw.."
Nor did I, but the article stimulated my imagination. I can easily imagine Christ making such a statement, having no desire for a religion to be formed in His Name. I agree with Xpat that Christ would be saddened to see all of the killing that has gone on in His Name.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times
Good point, franco...

I volunteered at a rescue mission for a few months, and I remember thinking: if Christ were "alive" today (in the sense that you infer), that, even tho we would like to think that He would look us up, show up at church, and tell us what a good job we're doing, that no... He would be found in the slums, among the homeless, with the sick, etc... just like with the people He hung out with when He was walking on the earth. Just as He was saddened and even angered at the hypocrisy of those who tried to make themselves appear righteous, so He would be (and is) saddened today by those who simply follow His name and not His actions.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Who says they aren't alive?

imho they are alive in spirit, working together helping to spread the divine message by the true devotees with a pure heart that work in tune with them, guided by the wisdom and love of their teachings

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 PM

50 posts, read 246,533 times
If Christ were alive today, he'd spend 5 years sobbing at what has been done to His name and Buddha would probably move to South America. I suspect Mohammed would slap a few key people, and most of them not Westerners. They would deserve it.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,088 times
I think they would all weep, then they would all go about trying to help us find our compassion and love eachother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism