Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 03:42 PM

218 posts, read 216,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Here's some hope and change you can believe in. I remember when Americans respected authority, but now after 7 years of the "Great Community Organizer" the cops are targets. Strong work Democrats. Really hope you're happy.

Abilene officer murdered at home in planned, coordinated attack by 'multiple parties'

Democrats still respect authority. It isn't us screaming "you lie" to a sitting president in a chamber that should be the most respected in the nation. It isn't a democrat thing that people of color are fearful of sending their young adult children to the store, without worry that a racist bigoted cop with poor training, will shoot them dead! It certainly doesn't have anything to do with president Obama either. Killing cops is very very wrong. Cops playing judge, jury and executioner for minor infractions is worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 03:43 PM

73,466 posts, read 63,529,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly.
I wouldn't call that sheriff an expert on race relations. I would say he is an expert on what members of the Black underclass do to themselves, how members of the Black underclass interact among themselves. There is a difference between that and race relations.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:49 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,232,019 times
Anything else that y'all like to credit Obama for, like the Armenian Genocide, Hiroshima, Nazis, Katrina, 9/11 and Ebola (oh wait, you did blame him for Ebola). lol

Mick

Old 09-03-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting...

In the last 6 months 14 officers have been indicted out of roughly a million. Wonder how many blacks have been killed by other blacks in that same time frame ? In Detroit alone there were 163... one city. That doesn't matter though , it's always someone else's fault.
But the actual gang of thieves that make cheap guns available to the masses are never at fault. Hmmm. Those that bring drugs, or manufacture, or steal and distribute drugs, armed to the teeth is ok cause black deaths don't really count as real deaths, do they?

Old 09-03-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why wouldn't you expect a thug President to support his own?
What specifically makes someone a thug, and what specifically are you speaking of that makes this well educated, quiet, calm mannered, polite, measured, great American success story a thug?

Old 09-03-2015, 04:01 PM

47,142 posts, read 26,422,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Here's some hope and change you can believe in. I remember when Americans respected authority, but now after 7 years of the "Great Community Organizer" the cops are targets. Strong work Democrats. Really hope you're happy.
Give me one reason to respect this authority. Just one.

The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

The heroic Boys in Blue in the Ferguson police department picked up the wrong guy, beat him up in the precinct, and charged him with 4 counts of destruction of public property for bleeding on their uniforms.

I am not making any of this up. Wish I was.

Did anyone care? Not until the national spotlight was turned on those little backwater hellholes where the city government relies on fines and court fees for a substantial part of their budget, and the police eagerly helps with the shakedown.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
he came into office with the concept of the people he organized in Chicago. They are killing each other off for decades. Just too bad he does not take his role as chief law enforcement officer seriously. Inner cities are continuing to go to dumps ;not changed.
How, do we possibly get the jobs and infrastructure necessary to keep the inner cities from becoming slums and dumps with republicans in charge? Any suggestions here folks!

Old 09-03-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Give me one reason to respect this authority. Just one.

The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

The heroic Boys in Blue in the Ferguson police department picked up the wrong guy, beat him up in the precinct, and charged him with 4 counts of destruction of public property for bleeding on their uniforms.

I am not making any of this up. Wish I was.

Did anyone care? Not until the national spotlight was turned on those little backwater hellholes where the city government relies on fines and court fees for a substantial part of their budget, and the police eagerly helps with the shakedown.
Let us not forget the "for profit" jail industry making these hellish backwaters a revolving door they can never get out of.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:17 PM

21,600 posts, read 10,779,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
How, do we possibly get the jobs and infrastructure necessary to keep the inner cities from becoming slums and dumps with republicans in charge? Any suggestions here folks!
I seem to recall Obama's stimulus of ONE TRILLION DOLLARS when he came into office. Why was very little of that spent on infrastructure? And Democrats were in control of the Senate, House of Representatives, and the Presidency at that time, so plenty of opportunities to build infrastructure without interference from Republicans.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM

47,142 posts, read 26,422,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why wouldn't you expect a thug President to support his own?
That's weird - all the neighborhood dogs just started howling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies