Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 06:53 AM

45,397 posts, read 26,671,848 times

Advertisements

I think cops have done a fine job of inciting hatred all on their own. Morally bankrupt and criminal Obama gets a pass on this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 06:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,762,212 times
I made this point prior. The 60's and 70's was replete with out in the open white racist who hated people like MLK Jr, who were against integration of any sorts and who vocalized disdain and disrespect for black people, there was police brutality against blacks as white racist were part of the police force, judged, juries, banks, companies etc. These racist reproduced, unfortunately, meaning that children grew up in these households learning by emulating the values and beliefs of their parents. That is what kids do....they see and do.

In light of the history of the existence of such infections upon society.....when was the penicillin applied to eradicate this infection from the hearts and minds of so many white people? What was the date of the doctor visit and I would like to see the prescription and the dosage given to white America that would given them this clean bill of moral health that they are now claiming. A 300 plus year infection....suddenly eradicated in a few decades......Laws cannot change hearts and minds....only actions.

Why would Obama, a president whom I did not vote for, be a villain for pointing out this infection that there is no evidence of its eradication? Are you all just mad at this man because he notes that white America still has a fever and signs of the infection of racism......while you like to fiend that you are in good moral health?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 AM

29,901 posts, read 14,949,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Here's some hope and change you can believe in. I remember when Americans respected authority, but now after 7 years of the "Great Community Organizer" the cops are targets. Strong work Democrats. Really hope you're happy.

Abilene officer murdered at home in planned, coordinated attack by 'multiple parties'

I do believe he has inadvertently caused more of a racial divide and more angst towards police. I would assume that his intentions where good but things just backfired. His comments on Trayvon and Brown did not help, the double standard that we see coming out of the White House is not helping either. But in reality it is just a spark, a spark that got fueled by the media and that is how it blew up. He doesn't get all the blame but he does have a hand in it for sure.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Here's some hope and change you can believe in. I remember when Americans respected authority, but now after 7 years of the "Great Community Organizer" the cops are targets. Strong work Democrats. Really hope you're happy.
Abilene officer murdered at home in planned, coordinated attack by 'multiple parties'
If you are going to initiate a thread in order to make disgusting, disrespectful and illogical statements, you really should back it up with something more than an article that does not support your opinion.

I would argue that this is the result of a society based in excess violence and the gun culture. Why should violence (especially in Texas) surprise anyone, and throwing blame at the POTUS for a Texas incident reflects extremely simplistic thinking. In addition hate and blame only intensify the violence and problems in our country, which makes people who make statements such as the above part of the problem.

An in depth look at the social problems in this country that have been incubating for the last 30 years would be more productive. One of the reasons this country has so many issues is lack of education, lack of tolerance, the ever popular blame game (as reflected by the OP) a culture of violence, lack of opportunity, etc.

It is interesting that Obama haters blame all things negative in the US on Obama (or any other Democratic president) and all the good things credited to a do-nothing Congress. If Congress were not busy fighting and suing Obama, rather than working with him on issues such as repairing the infrastructure and job creation, the country would be in better shape and there would be many more jobs for Americans. Instead, they have spent the last seven years on seeking personal revenge and blocking any initiative that would create employment for the middle and working class.

What has Congress done to halt the violence or create jobs in between litigating against the executive branch? Zero. Have they even indicated their displeasure with the current culture of violence? No. Not a peep.

You would be better served to call your local and state representatives than to throw garbage at the POTUS.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,985,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I do believe he has inadvertently caused more of a racial divide and more angst towards police. I would assume that his intentions where good but things just backfired. His comments on Trayvon and Brown did not help, the double standard that we see coming out of the White House is not helping either. But in reality it is just a spark, a spark that got fueled by the media and that is how it blew up. He doesn't get all the blame but he does have a hand in it for sure.
I can get behind this....instead of being a healer and a believer in self reliance, Obama's instinct is to blame other people. The only people who are going to improve black people's lives.....are black people. Hand outs / welfare has proven to be ineffective in improving people's long term success. The Great Society was a farce.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:33 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,085,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If you are going to initiate a thread in order to make disgusting, disrespectful and illogical statements, you really should back it up with something more than an article that does not support your opinion.

I would argue that this is the result of a society based in excess violence and the gun culture. Why should violence (especially in Texas) surprise anyone, and throwing blame at the POTUS for a Texas incident reflects extremely simplistic thinking. In addition hate and blame only intensify the violence and problems in our country, which makes people who make statements such as the above part of the problem.

An in depth look at the social problems in this country that have been incubating for the last 30 years would be more productive. One of the reasons this country has so many issues is lack of education, lack of tolerance, the ever popular blame game (as reflected by the OP) a culture of violence, lack of opportunity, etc.

It is interesting that Obama haters blame all things negative in the US on Obama (or any other Democratic president) and all the good things credited to a do-nothing Congress. If Congress were not busy fighting and suing Obama, rather than working with him on issues such as repairing the infrastructure and job creation, the country would be in better shape and there would be many more jobs for Americans. Instead, they have spent the last seven years on seeking personal revenge and blocking any initiative that would create employment for the middle and working class.

What has Congress done to halt the violence or create jobs in between litigating against the executive branch? Zero. Have they even indicated their displeasure with the current culture of violence? No. Not a peep.

You would be better served to call your local and state representatives than to throw garbage at the POTUS.
The way you minimize what happened in Texas is deplorable. "Why should we be surprised by violence in Texas"? Now that's disgusting. The only motive known for that killing of the cop while he was pumping gas is that he was a cop in uniform. It had nothing to do with surrounding violence, and was not in a bad part of town. He was executed for being a cop.
But what's wrong with bending the truth in trying to defend your messiah, eh?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:35 AM

15,699 posts, read 10,494,264 times
When the President of the United States calls the shooting of a thug who robbed a store, strong armed a clerk, and tried to kill a police officer, Michael Brown, "heartbreaking", then sends three representatives of the WH to his funeral, there are consequences. **

Thinking people can lay this BLM anarchy and the consequences of allowing them to continue their hateful message to kill police officers squarely at Obama's feet. There has been a 50-60% increase in homicides of primarily black males in low class black neighborhoods in St. Louis and Baltimore in just the last year and, at least, three police officers executed.

**http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5703325.html

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-02-2015 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Add reference

Old 09-02-2015, 07:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,085,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When the President of the United States calls the shooting of a thug who robbed a store, strong armed a clerk, and tried to kill a police officer, Michael Brown, "heartbreaking", then sends three representatives of the WH to his funeral, there are consequences
I wonder when bots will start denying any of that ever happened.
They already tell us it's all the fault of white racists who don't like a black man in the White House (never mind that a man blacker than Obama is one of the top GOP presidential candidates right now), and police.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:56 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Completely fair assessment. I would add that the double standard that we saw coming out of Holder's DOJ had a hand in it, as well.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:00 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When the President of the United States calls the shooting of a thug who robbed a store, strong armed a clerk, and tried to kill a police officer, Michael Brown, "heartbreaking", then sends three representatives of the WH to his funeral, there are consequences.
That never should have happened. Obama is supposed to be President for us all, not just President of the thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies