Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 06:48 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,748,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
There was a lot going on when the Dems were in charge, the affordable health care was first priority. Infrastructure was always talked about as necessary, but was blocked every time the republicans decided to shut down the government. How quickly you guys all forget that stuff. As to the stimulus, that was to ONLY help right the country,after the disastrous recession left over from the prior admin. Thanks for asking!
Sorry, your "story" doesn't hold any water.

"There was a lot going on when the Dems were in charge, the affordable health care was first priority. Infrastructure was always talked about as necessary, but was blocked every time the republicans decided to shut down the government."

The dems managed to get OCare PASSED with NOT ONE SINGLE REPUB VOTE from EITHER House

If they could manage THAT, they COULD have passed ANY BILL THEY WANTED TO by using the same tactics.

" As to the stimulus, that was to ONLY help right the country," How many times did Obama say in public, "shovel ready jobs"?

Being you are so up on things and accuse us of, "How quickly you guys all forget that stuff." how many actual shovel ready jobs did the so-called Stimulus Bill actually create?

I guess you "forgot" Obama laughing when he said. " I guess there weren't as many shovel ready jobs as I thought", yet EVERY penny was spent.

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 05:47 PM

218 posts, read 215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I looked up that word, as I do all new words I come across, and what came up were pages and pages of white supremacists sites where it is being used quite liberally, the very first being Storm Front. Seems this is the skinheads' new replacement for the "N" word. Classy.
One can only hope these people all have fertility problems. Whew!

Old 09-04-2015, 05:55 PM

218 posts, read 215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, your "story" doesn't hold any water.

"There was a lot going on when the Dems were in charge, the affordable health care was first priority. Infrastructure was always talked about as necessary, but was blocked every time the republicans decided to shut down the government."

The dems managed to get OCare PASSED with NOT ONE SINGLE REPUB VOTE from EITHER House

If they could manage THAT, they COULD have passed ANY BILL THEY WANTED TO by using the same tactics.

" As to the stimulus, that was to ONLY help right the country," How many times did Obama say in public, "shovel ready jobs"?

Being you are so up on things and accuse us of, "How quickly you guys all forget that stuff." how many actual shovel ready jobs did the so-called Stimulus Bill actually create?

I guess you "forgot" Obama laughing when he said. " I guess there weren't as many shovel ready jobs as I thought", yet EVERY penny was spent.

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks"
Do you not have any memory of the devise ness, and flat out obstructionism, and actually truly shutting down the government done by your party for YEARS. How is the Economy doing these days? Everything Obama set out to do HE ACTUALLY DID! Obama didn't "laugh" about anything. I watch almost every speech he makes. Unlike getting the cliff notes from Faux Entertainment.

Like I said 1/2 of us see hm in an exact opposite light as the other half. It shall always be. I will let history prove him one of the best presidents ever, even with the mess that was left him, and the beginning of the new civil rights era, and climate change. He doesn't have much time, but I would bet he will even destroy or seriously wound Isis in the time he has left. If you are a good Christian you will pray he succeeds.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:29 AM

226 posts, read 269,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Maybe police shooting fatalities being at a 20 year high had more to do with the sentiment towards police than your silly kneejerk reaction to blame Obama.
Obama's record of coming out with lectures on the boring old vestiges of slavery whenever a thug gets killed while he remains silent when good ole everyday citizens die violent untimely deaths is EVIDENCE I believe in. My beliefs will have me labeled as a racist. Thing is though, I DON'T CARE if you call me racist or not - I am far to enamored with the truth to worry about whiny losers calling me racist.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times
Last time I saw a thread that began "Thanks Obama for ..."

... it was complaining that the president was bringing us to the verge of paying $5 a gallon at the gas pump.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:47 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,562,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Last time I saw a thread that began "Thanks Obama for ..."

... it was complaining that the president was bringing us to the verge of paying $5 a gallon at the gas pump.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:49 PM

73,224 posts, read 63,111,246 times
There were alot of riots in the 1960s. Police brutality was one of the underlying factors. Hatred towards the police is nothing new. LA riots of 1992. Riots in Miami several times since the 1970s. Washington DC in 1991. Cincinnati in 2001. And not just here in the USA.

Look up Brixton, Toxteth, Chapeltown, in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_riots#1960s

It's nothing new and I don't blame the President for this. This has been going on for decades.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:01 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,339,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm happy to review any evidence and reconsider, but I don't think this is traced back to Obama.
There have been a number of high-profile killings by police of minorities in recent years that have enraged many people.

Some proved to be overblown and based on misinformation - like Ferguson. Numerous others proved to be quite chilling in their cold-blooded disregard for black lives, like the 12 year old gunned down in 2 seconds in Cleveland, the young man gunned down in Walmart talking on his cell phone, and the middle-aged man shot in the back in a park in South Carolina.

The Baltimore riots emerged from years of mistreatment by some police officers of various skin colors. Those problems predated Obama.

If anything is to blame, it's perhaps social media that moves information and rage quickly, linking what's happening elsewhere in the country and touching violent fringe elements.

Apparently, they haven't found a motive yet for that horrific Texas officer killing, but I'd be surprised if it isn't connected. Fwiw, here's an article about Obama calling the widow and offering support to protect police:

President Obama: Violence against police ‘is completely unacceptable’ - The Washington Post
Which of these were cold-blooded disregard for black lives?

The 12 year old that was waiving a fake gun at people in the park?

The guy in Walmart that refused to follow police commands and appeared to have a weapon?

The guy running from the police after committing a felony?

Those 3? They would all still be alive if they simply cooperated and didn't waive weapons, resist arrest or run.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:07 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,741,987 times
Questioning authority is not killing police and soldiers
Looting and burning is not protesting
Grand auto theft is not joy riding
Raping is not have sex with a girl
Mugging and robbing is not a confrontation or teaching someone a lesson
Stop the think speak

Old 09-06-2015, 08:44 AM

29,025 posts, read 30,475,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
After being attacked and constantly criticized by liberals, big city cops have 2 options: 1) start looking the other way regarding black guy's committing crimes, and 2) start taking justice into my own hands----vigilante style---show the criminals that if you mess with a cop---we will take you out and a few people you love.
it doesn't work like that and cannot work like that, then how would the cops be any better then the criminals...I'll tell you what has to happen...people have to start standing by the cops, and I mean big time...people have to start opening their mouths and letting them know how unhappy we are that this is happening, and the leaders of our communities have to listen...that is the only way, b/c the leaders, the people that hire police officers, won't stand behind their own cops, b/c they fear not getting votes, next election....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies