Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 08:35 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Don't sidestep. Until the pope does as I said, he's a hypocrite. Regarding the issues you raised, give it time and this pope will come around to your way of thinking. He already has on homosexuals.
How is the pope a hypocrite he just became pope. If you truly believe in god then you know we are all his people, gays included. There was much damage to the church because of pedophile priests. I left in disgust....many of us did. We finally have a pope who understands this day and age and is willing to take a leadership role unlike the last pope.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How is the pope a hypocrite he just became pope. If you truly believe in god then you know we are all his people, gays included. There was much damage to the church because of pedophile priests. I left in disgust....many of us did. We finally have a pope who understands this day and age and is willing to take a leadership role unlike the last pope.
He's giving you what you want to hear. What's not to like (from your perspective)?

Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
He's giving you what you want to hear. What's not to like (from your perspective)?
Are you catholic? Frankly, I think women should be able to be priests and also use birth control so in that regard he is not giving me what I want to hear.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Are you catholic? Frankly, I think women should be able to be priests and also use birth control so in that regard he is not giving me what I want to hear.
As I said in a previous post, give it time.
And no, I left the Catholic Church in the dust when I realized that they don't follow the Bible. They add traditions to it and omit things they don't want to follow. Why would I want an impostor, when I can look elsewhere to get the real thing?

Old 11-27-2013, 08:51 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It would have been much more effective had he urged politicians to remember........"Thou Shalt Not Lie."
Pelosi claims to be a devout Catholic, yet can't even bring herself to say "God" or "Jesus":

I doubt she takes anything the Pope says with any conviction.

The BIGGEST SIN is to openly deny God.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:00 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Here is some background on current Pope, if anybody is interested.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis
This is particularly interesting.
quote:
Vatican Bank

Early in Francis's papacy, the Institute for the Works of Religion, also known as the Vatican Bank and one of the most secretive in the world, said that it would become more transparent;[220] there had long been allegations of corruption and money laundering connected with the bank.[221][222] Francis appointed a commission to advise him about reform of the Bank.[221][222] Moreover, the finance consulting firm Promontory Financial Group was assigned to carry out a comprehensive investigation of all customer contacts of the bank on these facts.[223] Because of this affair the Promoter of Justice at the Vatican Tribunal applied a letter rogatory for the first time in the history of the Republic of Italy at the beginning of August 2013.[224]

Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
As I said in a previous post, give it time.
And no, I left the Catholic Church in the dust when I realized that they don't follow the Bible. They add traditions to it and omit things they don't want to follow. Why would I want an impostor, when I can look elsewhere to get the real thing?
You know, I could care less about the bible. It's a bunch of great stories that lost their translations a long time ago. I think the real thing is just believing in ourselves.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
You know, I could care less about the bible. It's a bunch of great stories that lost their translations a long time ago. I think the real thing is just believing in ourselves.
Then why bother following a religion like the Catholic Church at all?
Make yourself God and set yourself up on the throne. See how that works out for ya. Being an imperfect creature, I bet you'll create a paradise for yourself in no time.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Then why bother following a religion like the Catholic Church at all?
Make yourself God and set yourself up on the throne. See how that works out for ya. Being an imperfect creature, I bet you'll create a paradise for yourself in no time.
Religion aside, there are many who do not hold this view of an intelligent creator or "God".

Old 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Religion aside, there are many who do not hold this view of an intelligent creator or "God".
That's a discussion for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies