Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Once again, where have I advocated wealth confiscation? Keep up with the discussion.

So again. Please explain how income inequality is good for the economy.
I have kept up with the conversation, I've also kept up with your normal string of lies and half truths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Top 1 percent pay 40% of taxes and top 10% pay 70% of taxes.

MERICA!
That's because the earning disparities are so high.

I don't have a single wealthy friend or family member who's complaining about taxes. Zero.

I do have some friends in the Middle Class however who are hit hard.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I have kept up with the conversation, I've also kept up with your normal string of lies and half truths.
You obviously can't answer the question because you don't know the answer.

Maybe because you can't come up with a rational explanation.

The More You Know!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
The whole reason we're in such a bind now is because of risky trading and greedy players.

What happened during the Bailout was highway robbery.
Perhaps. That's independent of the statistics on wealth distribution.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:33 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,421 times
Quote:
Once again, where have I advocated wealth confiscation? Keep up with the discussion.

So again. Please explain how income inequality is good for the economy.
Here you go: since talent and effort and ambition and persistence and all the other determinants of income are not distributed evenly, incomes will vary proportionately. Societies which harness the power of each individual being free to unlock the highest fraction of his or her own potential, primarily for their own benefit, are generally far wealthier top to bottom than more egalitarian societies.

You are welcome.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
That's because the earning disparities are so high.

I don't have a single wealthy friend or family member who's complaining about taxes. Zero.

I do have some friends in the Middle Class however who are hit hard.
Earning disparities?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This needs to change and some people do not see this as a problem . This right here is why republicans should never have a majority of any every again if they do they will own 60% to 70% of the wealth and US will be a third world country
Unless you are incarcerated, there is nothing stopping you from joining the 1% club.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Unless you are incarcerated, there is nothing stopping you from joining the 1% club.
Or for that matter winning the lottery. LOL.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Here you go: since talent and effort and ambition and persistence and all the other determinants of income are not distributed evenly, incomes will vary proportionately. Societies which harness the power of each individual being free to unlock the highest fraction of his or her own potential, primarily for their own benefit, are generally far wealthier top to bottom than more egalitarian societies.

You are welcome.
So your saying that the current income distribution spread is because of the bold?

I'd beg to differ. I would say that SOME of it is do to that. I would also say that there's many, many factors outside of those that determine someone's income level. I say that being someone who has some advantages in some areas.

I would also say that there are several industries right now that are highly corrupt and have little to do with the bold, and more to do with rigging the system, lobbying, and taking advantage of the market. It has little to do with providing a superior good or service.

I'd also go a little bit further and say that someone's income does not always determine their value to society or "worth" to society.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
So, you think there should be a limit on how much and individual is allowed to earn?

The Conservative solution to this:
Make it easier for people to get rich.

The Liberal solution to this:
Make it easier for people to stay poor.
The policies of conservatives is to have students pay their full freight to go to college and they are against government grants and loans. How does that make it easier to get rich?

Children that are successes in school get breakfast. Yet, conservatives have repeatedly fought the school nutrition programs. How does that make it easier to get rich?

Woman do better economically when they don't have children too early. Yet, conservative policies are against contraceptives and birth control. How does that make it easier to get rich?

According to some fascinating economic research, Is Employer-Based Health Insurance A Barrier To Entrepreneurship?, there's an unexpectedly large numbers of Americans becoming entrepreneurs within months of qualifying for Medicare (over and above those you would expect to become entrepreneurs because they were fired, forcibly retired, etc.) The reason: They now have the security of healthcare, so they can take the risk of starting private companies.

Yet, conservative have always been against Medicare and government health care. How does that make it easier to get rich?

What you wrote makes a good slogan that doesn't parallel reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies