Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There are many what ifs... How bout this one... What if the Republicans would have put forth a good candidate?
...Who had an viable alternative to ACA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 AM

28,969 posts, read 30,320,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What if Obama won 2012 election based on health care lie? | Fox News Video

Exactly right. If he told the truth no way would he have gotten elected.
Yes, b/c at that time, people still loved him, he was a favorite still with the Blacks...
as you know, unfortunately some people vote on ethenticity, religion or one or two issues.
So, I don't believe it hurt him to badly....
I voted for him his first term, but when I saw how he doubled Bush's deficit, that was it for me, especially after his promises to take care of spending, and to create jobs....(which is beyond me, how a president can create jobs) but I believed him in his first term and wanted change. We never got it, all we have now, is a dictatorship, a lot of broken promises and a huge distrust for not only Obama, but also for the government.

and, the shocker is, with all that Obama has not accomplished, 4 out of 10 people still support him? That is freakin scary, really scary!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No- He won the 2012 election because the average American is now an idiot incapable of processing simple data and information. Only a fool would have voted for more of the 2008-2012 "performance". Of course he was lying about Obamacare, taxes, immigration, fiscal policy, "war on women", Benghazi, IRS, ect.... There is a sucker born every minute (and the dems are very thankful for this).

We are seeing what the second term of Jimmy Carter would have looked like.
boy have you hit the nail on the head!!!!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:40 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,860 times
Too be fair, he didn't get re-elected just by lying about healthcare. It also took lying about Benghazi and using the IRS to silence opposition.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What if Obama won 2012 election based on health care lie? | Fox News Video

Exactly right. If he told the truth no way would he have gotten elected.
You would have to ask if they [voters] were voting for ACA in total, or specifically on the promise that people would be able to keep their insurance only.

That second segment of Obama voters would be so small to be an determining factor.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:46 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You would have to ask if they [voters] were voting for ACA in total, or specifically on the promise that people would be able to keep their insurance only.

That second segment of Obama voters would be so small to be an determining factor.
Now that they know how it screws them, why aren't the young, largely Obama voters, buying into Obamacare? Are they unwilling to put their money where their mouths are? Do they now realize Obama and the Dems duped them? All of the above?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Too be fair, he didn't get re-elected just by lying about healthcare. It also took lying about Benghazi and using the IRS to silence opposition.
yes, but it unfortunately, simply doesn't bother people, until they start experiencing it, in they're pocket books. When people start hurting b/c they are loosing money, then they wake up....

You have to understand, and I was this way myself. People will defend they're own party, no matter how corrupt or bad that party is. Why? You ask? Because they fear saying, boy, have I been lied to, b/c in their minds, that dictates, "I made a mistake". People are raised to believe in one party or the other, which we call "our personal cultures", therefore, once again, people fear admitting that they're party candidate is doing wrong by the people, b/c that would be saying, their entire belief system is wrong, and people can't accept that. It is just like us going over to Afghanistan, and telling them they are wrong for the way they think and believe.

The government knows this, however, they are slowly trying to take over...they know if they move to fast, with taking over, the people of the U.S. will become very angry, so little by little each and every year, each and every President, is slowly chipping away at our freedoms.

When it is easy for any government to take over? When people become desprate, hungry and homeless. And that is what is happening.

There are no jobs left in the U.S. to speak of....we are broke, and the government is taking more and more of our freedoms away, it's called "a New World Order", which will make those in charge, very very stinkin rich.

How did Hitler get away with doing what he did for so long? He kept the jews, hungry, scared, poor, and naked. No one fought him, and he was able to march thousands of people into those furnaces. Thousands, and no one fought him. Why?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,260,682 times
The man's been lying to us since before he took office and his followers all let it go.
The media has been protecting him not wanting our first Black president to fail.

He is one of the most untrustworthy inexperienced man we've ever had in office.

He should be considered a disgrace for the job he's done as President. John Kennedy would be ashamed.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but it unfortunately, simply doesn't bother people, until they start experiencing it, in their pocket books. When people start hurting b/c they are loosing money, then they wake up....
Yep. That's what's going on with young voters. Obamacare hits them up to redistribute what little wealth they have. They're waking up and rejecting it. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by that. I feared they would just go along like good little sheeple.

Quote:
How did Hitler get away with doing what he did for so long? He kept the jews, hungry, scared, poor, and naked. No one fought him, and he was able to march thousands of people into those furnaces. Thousands, and no one fought him. Why?
Indeed.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:56 AM

30,091 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
boy have you hit the nail on the head!!!!

Agreed

When I encounter someone who voted for Obama in 2012, I almost break out laughing, as I know I have encountered a confused soul who was not able to process very simple, basic information. That being said, I have not discovered a single "Obama supporter" from the 2012 election that I would consider to be above average intelligence.

I do wonder, however, if many Obama voters are embarrassed in retrospect, much like the realization that you have committed some egregious, improper act while intoxicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies