Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Maybe, but I'd likely be about as embarrassed by any conservative we could have in office instead.

Really? according to *******s we have a conservative in office. You must be feeling pretty bad right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 09:13 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
But that is not what this thread is about.
Exactly. This thread is about emotional tirades from the more zealous members of the right.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:41 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
What do you do for a job? In my field those jobs are being turned into "temp" positions to keep from paying any benefits especially healthcare because of obamacare. That's a hit.
Marketing. I've been working for nearly 15 years at my job, in the same company. I've gotten raises each year, and got better health coverage when the company sought out better deals and coverage. We just recently got a better health plan at the beginning of this year.

Maybe you should consider in getting a better job, and work for a company that actually cares for the well being of their employees instead of just looking to make bigger profits.

Or change your profession to something that is in high in demand.

Quote:
#2, Just because your company did not "cite" the obamacare does not mean it wasn't the reason. Not a strike but a base hit.
That is YOUR opinion. NOT a FACT. YOu said "FACT", and shown to be, not a fact, so my strike still stands.

Quote:
Your drunk ump strike 3 needs to refer to my first response.
Homerun.
Wrong again, YOU have not posted any facts. YOu posted just opinions. Those are your own. doesn't apply to everyone. So again, your Strike OUT still stands.

You are simply the sore loser baseball player now arguing with the umpire.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:42 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Your "shame" doesn't compare to Dubya sending in troops into IRAQ and "murdering" 4500 of our troops for a "LIE" like "WMDS! Not to mention the untold thousands of Iraquis he killed in the process!

Lest you forget President Obama didn't start these wars in IRAQ & Afghanistan but the "Cheney "cabal and Halliburton did!

President Obama ended TWO Wars that the Neo-Cons started with Cheney and Halliburton for War profits! Should we mention Dubya's Grandfather? Prescott Bush who aided the Nazis during WW2?

"Greatest President? Yeah like I am sure you voted for Barack Hussien Obama!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
I am not ashamed of President Obama. He has proven without a doubt that anyone can become president. That is anyone the 2 major parties approve of.
I am ashamed that the he was the best that either party could come up with. I am ashamed that we the people tolerate the monopoly of the 2 major parties. I am ashamed that voters put party before country.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Your OPINION.
Noted and given the credit it is due.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:36 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Now you see how the world felt when Dubya was selected.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM

57,333 posts, read 26,245,816 times
The real opportunity was in 2001 when the US experienced one of it's largest tragedies. Democrats, Republicans and others came together and politics was put aside, it could have been a great moment but instead we were into other tragedies by an incompetent president. The office in 2008 was a losing situation for any president, the world is quite different than when others took office.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
You are aware that "objective" does not simply mean "aligns with your personal point of view", right? Obama has demonstrated an unrestrained willingness to disregard the Constitution, no hesitation to attempt to bypass Congress (seem to remember Liberals up in arms accusing Bush 43 of this, where are they now?), arrogance in that he thinks because he says there is no scandal then the media should stop asking questions, he drastically expanded the scope and reach of the more controversial components of the Patriot Act to include domestic snooping, has no reservations attacking members of the press that are objective in their reporting, etc. All around great example of an effective leader....
The Bold is exactly my point, You are one of the many people defining Objective as that way. Your first critique of that proves it. You have a majority conservative supreme court and in 5 years they have not so much as hinted at his activities of being unconstitutional, Yet here you are claiming they are.

Bypass congress is in and of itself, a subjective term, If the constitution allows it in the situations you are presumably mentioning then what is your problem ? Your argument about Liberals and Bush makes no sense because President Bush signed more executive Orders than President Obama has to this point. That specifically shows that you are not being Objective.

President Bush is the one who created PRISM and even said he was proud of it, yet here you are attacking President Obama for it, yep sounds objective to me, same goes for the Patriot act. The only part of it that was expanded was written by the Republicans in the House of Representatives and President Obama added a signing statement saying his Administration would not use that provision of the law.

President Obama has not gone after anyone for being objective, you are deliberately lying now. The Administration went after journalist who printed classified information. In case you did not know it, obtaining classified information illegal.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,399,188 times
Obama is not just a bad president, he is a bad human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies