Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

It's tough when you have strong opinions about minorities and one is your president..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkys10 View Post
It's too late to be crying about it now, Obama is going to be yours and everyone's president for a few more years, so my advice to whiners and cry babies is to pull up those big boy pants and get on with other things they do best, besides whining all the time. Go cut the grass or fix something to take your minds off of politics for half the day.
Actually, while your words hold true in theory, the opposite is very much the reality. Barack Obama is a lame duck President to the nth degree. Republicans will undoubtedly hold the House for the remainder of his term, thereby rendering whatever it is you perceive that he will accomplish during the next "few more years" moot from every possible angle.

Face it. The guy is done. His legacy is fixed. His Presidency was a failure (yes, WAS). It's over.

But that shouldn't stop any of us from reflecting on how TERRIBLE of a leader he actually WAS.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
And you should be ashamed too.
The only ones who arent ARE THOSE IN CONTROL BY THE ELITE!!

Old 08-25-2013, 06:19 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I just came to this thread so I don't know if anyone has informed you one of those teens was white.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
All he is, is well-spoken and clean.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
As far as feeling sorry for Blacks because Obama has been a big disappointment is a hard one in so many ways because most Blacks I talk to will not listen to what I have to say about what a failure he has been for anyone White or Black that supports a more liberal/progressive agenda, they just don't want to hear it, they are in denial they actually think Obama cares about them and not the corporate elite, same goes for the so call White liberals of the Democratic Party who also think Obama can do no wrong.
But in the end I do feel bad for everyone Black or White including my family and friends that has to suffer under our form of government where the money and greed of the elite has taken control.
I only whish that people would wake the blank up.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, while your words hold true in theory, the opposite is very much the reality. Barack Obama is a lame duck President to the nth degree. Republicans will undoubtedly hold the House for the remainder of his term, thereby rendering whatever it is you perceive that he will accomplish during the next "few more years" moot from every possible angle.

Face it. The guy is done. His legacy is fixed. His Presidency was a failure (yes, WAS). It's over.

But that shouldn't stop any of us from reflecting on how TERRIBLE of a leader he actually WAS.

Essentially, yes, he is a lame duck President.

I had a similar argument with one of my friends yesterday. He's a staunch Democrat, right down to the fading "Hope and Change" stickers on his car. The argument centered around what an incredibly poor leader Obama was during the first 5 years.

I took the position that this should have been NO surprise to anyone that he is a poor leader (and President). From the moment of his birth to 2007, there is nothing on his resume that said he would be a good leader. He never really accomplished anything. He was an absentee junior Senator from one of the most corrupt states in the country who voted "present" on most votes. Of course, there's that whole community organizer thing. Well, I organized a community garage sale last year for the 200-home subdivision I live in, and I daresay I worked harder than Obama did during his CO days.

His legacy is indeed fixed. I was old enough to remember the Carter days, and I will take the position that Obama will be at the bottom of most "Worst President Ever" polls in the future.

Our 2-party platform system is broken -- completely broken -- when the best we can produce at a rather critical time in our country's history is John McCain/Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama/Joe Biden. A too-old Senator coupled with a quitter squaring off against an absentee, never-held-a-real-job Senator coupled with a too-old career politician.

I'm ashamed that Barack Obama is our President, and I'm ashamed of the state of our political system.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:41 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
All he is, is well-spoken and clean.
He's only well-spoken when the teleprompter is there. When he's speaking off-the-cuff, he stumbles with a lot of "ahs" and "ums". You can tell he's really out of his element when there's no teleprompter.

Not to defend him -- because I find him indefensible -- but it is REALLY an art form to be an effective, impromptu speaker. I've been filmed giving speeches probably 25 times in the last 5 years, along with Q&A's. I'm fairly decent, but then again, I don't have the pressure he does.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:41 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,289 times
Default I Am Ashamed That Barack Obama Is Our President

Why don't you run and make us proud.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It's tough when you have strong opinions about minorities and one is your president..
I couldn't care less what color any president is.

The current one sucks, pure and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies