Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 09:14 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I think he's just pointing out how child like it is to moan non stop about Obama. It never ends.
I appreciate that you are ashamed of Obama but instead of coming on here and complaining day after day, get out into your community and educate people and try to change things at the ballot box. You won't change minds here on these threads.
Best post on the whole thread....lol. Although, many that complain may, indeed, be working to get a better president during the next term. I hope so. We have Obama for the duration, complaining won't change that. I voted for him, I am ashamed to say, the first time. The second time........
But, I don't think running out and voting for another black person as president is the thing to do. I like Dr. Carson but, do I think he is presidential material at this point ? Not really, though he is a fine man.

I like and admire Ted Cruz. I like some of the not so far left or right people. I don't want Rubio. He is a sleaze bag. I am a little concerned of going the ethnic route, seemingly to garner votes and all the problems that brings afterwards. But, I guess a caucasian (?) would be the same thing.

Problems, problems. I want to vote for the person that doesn't think old people should just quietly go away and die.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 AM

7,142 posts, read 4,737,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
No one says they will never vote for another white man again because of Bush but of course you're not racist.

That's America for you.

That makes no sense. Bush wasn't the first white president. Obama was the first black president. Big difference.

Obama had a chance to rise to the occasion of being the first black president and to do a stellar job. He certainly is smart enough. I'm convinced he never really wanted to be president as much as he wanted to be a rock star celebrity type of guy.

People are seeing through all that now, but some just don't want to admit it.

best,
toodie

Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkys10 View Post
It's too late to be crying about it now, Obama is going to be yours and everyone's president for a few more years, so my advice to whiners and cry babies is to pull up those big boy pants and get on with other things they do best, besides whining all the time. Go cut the grass or fix something to take your minds off of politics for half the day.
It's almost Labour Day. It's the last of the summer whine. With colder weather, it will be mulled whine.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Naaaa Na Na Na Boooo Boooooo.

F'n A you guys cry too much, go take a nap and cuddle with your teddy bear or something.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
I agree. As a historian, I have to say there is no other president in our history that even comes close to the appalling incompetence and disrespect this man has brought to the prestegious office of president of the United States.
Now this is truly funny.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime
I agree. As a historian, I have to say there is no other president in our history that even comes close to the appalling incompetence and disrespect this man has brought to the prestegious office of president of the United States.
You're a lousy historian if you think anything done by Obama discredits the office of president more than the actions of the previous occupant, who had a policy of invading sovereign nations and torturing enemy detainees.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM

7,497 posts, read 5,748,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The shame is not the president but the DO Nothing Repugs. They are an embarrassment
Stopping everything that moobats and the village idiot come up with is exactly why we put them in office. At least we have slowed the death march until we can get someone in there to turn this around.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
I hope you were just kidding with that one, MOS0311. If you weren't, that's pretty disgusting. If you were ... meh.

As for the President. I'm not crazy about some of the things he's done but at least we have term limits. Thank goodness.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:30 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
From your historian point of view, would you say that Jimmy Carter was a better president than Obama?

I know it was a different time in America and our troubles with other countries wasn't nearly as volatile as it today, but specifically the competence of the man. The economy went whacky when Carter was in office. Interest rates were 20%

Old 08-25-2013, 02:33 PM

200 posts, read 273,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies