Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
in 2008. Where was this 'scrutiny' in the years leading up to 2008?
Read the link again. The request for reform first started in April, 2001. The article was from 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,650,273 times
Maybe the next Demostinker will do better???

I feel 2016 is going to be Hitlary's time to shine, she will march us to victory!

My. Hussein is doing all he can to set the stage for a 2016 victory....that is all the Demostinkers really care about, the end game.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/sukell/Hillary-Clinto-Nazi-salute-1.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjrnP5jdUHJtt1-9oK_JMkScBE2hRkJ0DctMIDlTXxqokS1QZFWg

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-24-2013 at 05:29 AM..

Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,098,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You don't get to change the topic, just because you find it distasteful. So do we, but Barack has destroyed whatever hope we had of recovering this nations reputation and restoring it to prosperity. If you want to talk about Bush, start your own thread.
You misunderstood my post. I am trying to cajole the Obama believers to refute the litany of reasons Obama is a screwup of major proportions. If they can't do that, I offered to have them come up with a comparable number of reasons why Bush was bad(as far as they are concerned). I have no fear that will happen.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:11 PM

904 posts, read 688,652 times
O'bama

The Liar and Chief, has most Americant zombie brains in the grips of his den.

He said today, we should just TRUST the government and we will be better off.

His skin color doesn't concern me. It's the texture and substance of his scales that hurt me.

If you tread on him, you will feel his venom.

God help us all. We are fooked, and fooled.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-24-2013 at 05:30 AM..

Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That is the problem. He is not a leader. Not at all. He is a follower, a community organizer who relied on others for his bounty, the harvard educated genius was a beggar. He does not speak well of America, he despises the country he wasn't born in, and does it at every chance with his non nonchalant attitude. It's gdam pathetic. I've never heard this clown say he loves the very country who put him where he's sitting. Just pathetic.
Hahahaha.....

You're funny.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
this is not a fact. NOT Every company is doing this (in fact we just hired on 20 new Full time employees).

this is not a fact. the jobs in my industry still remain as full time and many make a living just fine from it. None of them have been turned into temp positions.

strike 3

oops YOU'RE OUT!

Not a "fact" in any of your post
One of my sons has not had a day off in almost a month because they are having a hard time finding enough workers (manufacturing).

And, after having not received any profit sharing for some time, he's been getting some pretty nice profit sharing checks lately.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:29 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,515,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.
At the end of the G.W. Bush Presidency:

The economy was in freefall. The stock market had fallen 40% in value. Housing and property values were tanking across the country. Workers saw their life savings and retirement accounts decimated. The U.S. had to bailout "too big to fail" banks or have our economic system completely collapse. Unemployment exploded. The government also had to bailout the auto industry or face upwards of 30% unemployment from failing businesses. Overseas we were still embroiled in two major wars.

A "most perfect opportunity" indeed.

By no means is Obama perfect, but given the initial conditions he had to work with, he's done O.K. We're out of two wars, the economy is at least stable (if growing too slowly), and the markets have recovered a lot of their lost ground. You may not like the guy, but at least give him some credit for the last 5 years.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,740,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Open your eyes! Barack Obama is NOT a good leader! Barack Obama is not a good President!

Jimmy Carter begs to differ with you.......

YC.......

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
I don't like Obama, never have never will waiver, but i am also not a hypocrite. I cannot say that it is being ashame of him, as much as it is being so overly disapointed.

In the beginning, yes i my little self, wanted to so believe, in all that was promised to us, in his many many many many speaches of a new era of Hope n'Change.

Now if your a realisitc person, you know the facts, they do not have to be spelled out for you. Don't think he has done a thing for the black unemployment problems that is pravelant in that community. Don't think he has done much in the way of getting small businesses to prosper and not close shop. Just do not think sincerely, he is good for this Country. I sincerely see more division among the classes, don't see it you clearly don't want to. Economy truly is not turning around. Don't lie when so many as of recent, have been laid off or put down to part time employment. Can't make a living with part time employment.

And please save the bull. This is all on Obama, he promised us things clearly he had a hard time delivering. He can spend like a women. Get even with those that go against his grain, like a bull.

Not ashame truly, but disapointed, you beta i am. America can be so much better then what we are. Don't care about his gosh damn color, he is two of both worlds, or for the matter what religion he is. I care about this Country, and getting it back on its feet.
What i hate most about him thogh and it does get gosh damn old. Nothing is ever his fault, notice that. Everyone else but him. A true man can accept his defeats and move on.

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
O'bama

The Liar and Chief, has most Americant zombie brains in the grips of his den.

He said today, we should just TRUST the government and we will be better off.

Death first!

His skin color doesn't concern me. It's the texture and substance of his scales that hurt me.

If you tread on him, you will feel his venom.

God help us all. We are fooked, and fooled.
Good God. This is a fine example of hysterical republican ranting. It's not enough to disagree with the President; NO - he's the devil!

This is why no one listens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies