Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you should be ashamed too.

No, you should be ashamed the best the GOP could come up with were a war-mongering old man, a ditz, and a man who supported a war/draft he turned his back on and went the opposite direction.

Obama was still the lesser evil.

I'm ashamed the ONLY people the two major parties nominate for POTUS are lying, deceiving political hacks.

You should be too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, you should be ashamed the best the GOP could come up with were a war-mongering old man, a ditz, and a man who supported a war/draft he turned his back on and went the opposite direction.

Obama was still the lessefr evil.

I'm ashamed the ONLY people the two major parties nominate for POTUS are lying, deceiving political hacks.

You should be too.
very very very slightly lesser. maybe. possibly.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
very very very slightly lesser. maybe. possibly.
Oh, I truly believe the entrenched two-party system will kill this country long before any outside source does.

The only hope I see is an Independent popular enough to win a Presidential election who tells both major parties to pi$$ off.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
"One of the worst" No. Not even close.

Disappointing? Yes.

The man just doesn't have much passion for the job from what I can see. He has handled some situations very well, others not so much.

As far as healthcare he has just confused me and hasn't solved anything.

I think he's too concerned with being popular and everyone's friend than doing the tough parts of the job.

But not the worst by a long shot.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
I'm ashamed of the circus that is Washington, DC. Congress has turned this country into a world-wide joke.

Obama is the worst? No. Obama is the best? No.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
He's the little stooge the real powers wanted although I think they were disappointed with his poor showing as a salesman and orator. In some cases he's actually hurt their plans with his own stupidity so maybe he has a few redeeming qualities, if unintentional.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
To all of you who are saying these are only opinions disguised as facts, I challenge you to take the following post and dismiss each point as opinion. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Of course it is. His presidency is a failure.

For example, even if you love Obamacare, the facts are that he conducted backroom deals after promising it would be transparent, passed it using reconciliation, declared the individual mandate was not a tax and then had it defended in court as a tax, double counted medicare transfers to both lower the cost of Obamacare and lower the budget, promised the Catholic bishops that it would not impact their beliefs on contraception or abortion and then introduced the contraceptive mandate, etc.

All of those are objective facts, irrespective of how one feels about Obamacare itself.

And the list goes on:

We have the video of him declaring he would veto any attempt to get around sequestration. We also have the video of him then declaring sequestion would be a disaster and blaming Republicans for allowing it to happen.

We have the records of his administration saying the IRS situation was a few isolated people in one office, and also have the proof that it was in fact directed from the White House.

We have Susan Rice saying there was no indication whatsoever that there was any terrorist involvement in Benghazi. And we have the CIA memo sent to the White House which says they suspected terrorist involvement.

We have Obama himself saying the stimulus didn't work.

We have his administration being found guilty by federal courts of both purposely with-holding drilling permits illegally and of making recess appointment when there was no recess.

We have him attacking Libya without the advice or consent of Congress.

None of these things depend on whether you like Obama's politics or not. They are objective facts, supported by video and documents. And I haven't even mentioned the Black Panthers or the Beer Summit, Fast & Furious, Solyndra, TARP, General Motors, the fleeing Wisconsin senators, his "flexibility" remark to the Russians, the NSA, reversing legislated welfare reform via executive order, giving speeches about purposely going around congress, etc. The list goes on and on. Quite apart from his politics, the man himself is a disgrace.

Just as even though I'm a conservative, I have no problem admitting that Bush was also a disgrace.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, Barack Obama is not perceived well by the public, his economic policies are in shambles, the world is on fire in a number of ways requiring US leadership, the government is Lying about spying on its own citizens, and the best he can do is point fingers at the other side in a perpetual fit of blame???

If your opinion is representative of the black population, then no wonder black people still support him as if he's Jesus. If what you see in front of your face is none of the things I mentioned above, then why should we seriously consider the relevancy of black opinion in the first place?

Open your eyes! Barack Obama is NOT a good leader! Barack Obama is not a good President!
If this is the best black Americans can put into office? They better wake up and speak up now.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
And you should be ashamed too.

After 8 years of George W Bush, the most perfect opportunity that could have ever presented itself actually did present itself through a preponderance of ways, and somehow....some way....Barack Obama managed to screw it up.

What a wasted opportunity for the First Black President. I feel sorry for African Americans, because we all know they hung their collective hats on his election. And what did they get for it??

A pandering, listless, petulant, buffoon who has led from the back of the pack his entire Presidency.

How unfortunate we are. Barack Obama was poised to be one of the great President's of our nation, and instead he will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst.

What a crying shame.
Yes.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The right wingers on this site seem to live in their own little world where every opinion they have is apparently fact.
Well said.

The point of this thread: a cry baby sore loser whining about Obama's re-election.

I am enjoying the schadenfreude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies