Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
New email from White House solidfifies the fact that the White House was distorting on Benghazi.

New Email from the White House Raises Questions on Benghazi Leak Motives

Also, the Washington Post gives Obama 4 out of 4 Pinocchios for lying during his press conference yesterday on the Benghazi question.

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’ - The Washington Post
I think you should reread that first link because I don't think it says what you think it says.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Default 41% Of Republicans Say Bengazi is the Biggest Scandal in US History - Yet 39% of Them Don't Know Where Bengazi Is

Poll: Americans angry about Benghazi can't find it on a map - UPI.com

"41 percent of Republicans say they consider this to be the "biggest political scandal in American history" compared to only 43 percent who disagree.

Of the 41 percent of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39 percent are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya. 10 percent said it's in Egypt, 9 percent in Iran, 6 percent in Cuba, 5 percent in Syria, 4 percent in Iraq, and 1 percent each in North Korea and Liberia, with 4 percent unwilling to venture a guess."

Old 05-15-2013, 12:35 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What was available was sent. Those Americans who were sent got from the airport in Benghazi to the CIA facilities with the assistance of the Libyans. The evacuation of the Americans from Benghazi were also assisted by the Libyans. The size of the team that received the 'stand down' order was 4. There were not a lot of available resources.

The evacuation planes helped by getting the surviving American personnel out of harms way.
How did evacuation planes help DURING the attacks? The evacuation plane is how they got the survivors and the BODIES out of Libya after the attacks. The planes did not assist in the attacks.

When the body of Stevens was transported from the hospital to the airport, the driver - a Libyan - was given directions as to the route he should take. He diverted from the instructions because he was suspicious that the path he was being lead down would be where terrorists would be waiting who wanted the body of Stevens.

It is amazing how you are so removed from facts or rearrange, stray or ignore a fact to suit your defense. You can't tell the difference between an evacuation after the fact, and an attack in progress. When the survivors were taken to the airport the attack on the second facility was over. They did not evacuate while under attack.

Quote:
The response team from the annex in Benghazi, six individuals, drove the
attackers out of our compound and secured it temporarily. There have been
estimates as high as 60 attackers were in the compound at one particular time.
There were repeated attempts by all of the RSOs and by the response team from
the annex to go into the burning building and recover — or try to save Sean and
the ambassador. They found Sean’s body and pulled it out, but he was no longer
responsive. They did not find the ambassador.
Witness Gregory Hicks: How Benghazi Attack Unfolded - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 05-15-2013, 12:39 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
When Obama said we will investigate and go after them, that was 8 months ago... As Carney tried to pass it off he said "that was a long time ago"

Yea, they claim they did not have time to send in help but how in the H** did they know when the attack would end.

Then after the Libyan president declared it a terrorist attack and the Obama administration insisted it was because of a video, the Libyans would not let us in for over two weeks to investigate.
That's because we needed an excuse to get all the weapons that we are selling to Syrian rebels out of the embassy we never had before folks came to investigate what happened. I'm just curious to see if Issa has the balls to go that far and uncover the arms dealing

This is the same moron that's supporting the UN arms resolution. LMAO man have you liberals been had! I'd be pissed if I were you.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What was available was sent. Those Americans who were sent got from the airport in Benghazi to the CIA facilities with the assistance of the Libyans. The evacuation of the Americans from Benghazi were also assisted by the Libyans. The size of the team that received the 'stand down' order was 4. There were not a lot of available resources.

The evacuation planes helped by getting the surviving American personnel out of harms way.
What stand down order? The stand down order that no one knows who gave the order?? If there was a stand down order, guess who would give that order? And why is the WH scrambling around over this question?

Congresswoman Ann Wagner was an ambassador from 2005-2009 in Luxembourg. I'm sure she is fully aware of who holds certain responsibilities, what can and cannot be done under certain circumstances, and who gives the orders.

Quote:
[Wagner was asked by talk show host Dana Loesch, “Because you have been an ambassador, you have been overseas with similar responsibilities and similar missions - who gives such an order to stand down? Where does that come from?”

“The President of the United States,” responded Wagner.

The White House has been scrambling to avoid the question of who gave the stand down order ever since whistleblower Greg Hicks, who was number two to Ambassador Chris Stevens, testified that U.S. special forces were ready to board a plane in Tripoli but were prevented from coming to the aid of those under assault
inside the consulate.

Hicks revealed that after Stevens had been killed but while the attack was still ongoing, “The Libyan military agreed to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and carry additional personnel to Benghazi as reinforcements,” including U.S. Special
Forces, but that a call came through from Special Operations Command Africa saying, “you can’t go now; you don’t have authority to go now.”

“They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it.” Hicks said.

In the hours after the stand down order was given, three more American diplomats were killed by terrorists who laid siege to the consulate.

PressTV - 'Obama gave Benghazi stand down order'

It appears that only certain orders can come from the President. We already know that Obama gave the order to go in and kill OBL, and the other......................well that would be a stand down under a crisis such as Benghazi.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 AM

580 posts, read 965,524 times
I saw something about this. I also understand that people in this country don't even know where Israel is. Something tells me that Geography and some kind of Current Events class should be taught in school.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
I saw something about this. I also understand that people in this country don't even know where Israel is. Something tells me that Geography and some kind of Current Events class should be taught in school.
You don't understand the purpose of public school. Ignorant people are easier to control.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 AM

What a bunch of crap. If that's true, 95% of democrats probably don't know that Benghazi is located in Libya because they have no interest in Benghazi.

I would bet 90% of people don't know what countries many cities are located in. They could probably find Italy on the map because "it's shaped like a boot".

I'm sure 99% don't know there is a Cairo, Illinois, except for the people who live there.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
So, Americans in general aren't very good when it comes to Geography. It didn't help that the press was already covering the demostrations in Egypt over "Innocence of Muslims". Lots of misdirection going on. Cuba though? Anywho, watch all the man on the street Geography questions, pretty pathetic.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Poll: Americans angry about Benghazi can't find it on a map - UPI.com

"41 percent of Republicans say they consider this to be the "biggest political scandal in American history" compared to only 43 percent who disagree.

Of the 41 percent of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39 percent are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya. 10 percent said it's in Egypt, 9 percent in Iran, 6 percent in Cuba, 5 percent in Syria, 4 percent in Iraq, and 1 percent each in North Korea and Liberia, with 4 percent unwilling to venture a guess."
This happens when you go through life with you head in the sand and your foot in your mouth.

What a weak ploy to discredit the Obama administration and Obama himself. Creating illusory scandals and obstructionism is all Conservatives have to appear relevant, while they continue to bleed to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.