Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,804,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
By the time we built an airplane, trained a crew to fly it... so it should be obvious that we could never have gotten there in time.
I would have thought that being the ME, the US would always have fighter jets ready to scramble at a moment's notice because of the instability and our presence in so many countries over there doing covert operations.

And if this was a covert operations, why didn't they have a "plan B" ?

There were AQ training camps in the mountains, assassinations and bombings occurred over the summer and Libyan officials put Benghazi on maximum alert.

And the US said they had no warning, no intelligence, caught them by surprise ?

It's not Obama though. He's just the man in the Oval Office at this point in time.
The ME situation has spanned and is spanning 4 administrations, 2 Repub and 2 Dem.
There's a plan bigger than the political party that is in power.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,944,209 times
Mr Smyth is unbelievable! The game is over, the score is 2000 to 0, and yet he continues to struggle and fight. Give it up, admit your guy is a corrupt POS. Even Chris Mathews now admits the truth. You look like a five year old who continues to deny the obvious. It's OVER! obama is finished. Best to keep quiet and not look so foolish.
Were I stupid enough to support the communist, I would sit back quietly and see how it plays out, because it doesn't look good at this point, and hopefully people will forget you supported him.. There cones a time for you to turn tail and run, and that time has passed. To continue to fight when all is lost doesn't bode well for you. Change teams now and people will forgive your ignorance..

Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,254,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What will happen, nothing. The GOP witch hunt will fail after wasting lots of time and money -- just like the Whitewater witch hunt.
Its your money and I mine I'm willing to spend. 4 dead and you want to just "move on"....how about those daily scandals NOW? hmmmmmmmmmm???? What a difference a week and some whistleblowers make, huh? How about that IRS debacle....I suppose that's a witch hunt too?

Knowing the left, you will still defend this guy even when HE is publicly saying what happened at the IRS is wrong....and yet, no one will lose their job.....and folks like you will call it a witch hunt.....here's some help for you and I want to mull this over....

1) Bill Clinton WAS blown in the Oval Office.....and George Bush had nothing to do with it.
2) It's apparent now, Hillary LIED to the dead Navy Seal's father.....at his funeral....when she said, "we will do everything we can to prosecute who made this video to the fullest extent of the law"....the law of course being something she's above despite being a practicing attorney for decades....sigh....and here's the best, she was on the prosecutorial team on the Watergate......funny how it changes when it's HER husband getting blown and her LYING to someone's father at the funeral of his fallen son.....you just can't make this stuff up.....amazing....and you....and the left, will give her a pass....
3) Your guy snubbed the funeral of Margaret Thatcher....and the press and the rest of the left, say, did, and do nothing about it.....amazing.....she only helped end the cold war....nice job...really....
4) They got caught. Admit it. From Benghazi to the IRS.....and you call it....a witchhunt?

Oh and yeah, about that 40 million they spent catching Bill getting blown by Lewinski? HE could have saved us a fortune and ADMITTED it when Ken Starr had him on the ropes...but, no, he pushed back, 40 million later and an on-screen LIVE TV shot shows him ADMITTING the event.....and then the left never mentioned THAT 40 million again NOR Ken Starr.....he was a zealot the week before...the week after....SILENCE....

It seems the only thing that DOES work is when we spend untold millions chasing your guys into a corner only to have them admit it later.....what are you worried about? The could get caught lying on tape and would never suffer the same fate as Nixon...would they?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,523,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
By the time we built an airplane, trained a crew to fly it... so it should be obvious that we could never have gotten there in time.
The sequester prevented the FAA from allowing takeoff so it really was the Repubs fault.

Obama was too busy giving those sequester personal tours of the White House to those little Detroit kids.

So in short it was the sequester and Obama had better things to do with those little ones.

It was not his fault.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,865,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Mr Smyth is unbelievable! The game is over, the score is 2000 to 0, and yet he continues to struggle and fight. Give it up, admit your guy is a corrupt POS. Even Chris Mathews now admits the truth. You look like a five year old who continues to deny the obvious. It's OVER! obama is finished. Best to keep quiet and not look so foolish.
Were I stupid enough to support the communist, I would sit back quietly and see how it plays out, because it doesn't look good at this point, and hopefully people will forget you supported him.. There cones a time for you to turn tail and run, and that time has passed. To continue to fight when all is lost doesn't bode well for you. Change teams now and people will forgive your ignorance..
I'm just discussing with the facts of what occurred in Benghazi. If those facts lead to Obama then so be it, so far they don't.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,520,317 times
It only requires them to read the talking points.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,520,317 times
And where do the WMDs in Iraq fall on the top hits?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I'm just discussing with the facts of what occurred in Benghazi. If those facts lead to Obama then so be it, so far they don't.
What you are discussing is all after the fact.
At the time of the attack there were a lot of unknowns and also a lot of warnings that went unheeded.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
And where do the WMDs in Iraq fall on the top hits?
Those WMDs are making the circuit of ME countries.
We spotted them in Iraq, Libya and now think they are in Syria.

The rebels we've been bankrolling for years probably drag those empty crates with them to each new country .

Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,183,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Poll: Americans angry about Benghazi can't find it on a map - UPI.com

"41 percent of Republicans say they consider this to be the "biggest political scandal in American history" compared to only 43 percent who disagree.
Hahaha, what a surprise!!!! Let me guess, they polled all the nut jobs on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.