Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Here is the sequence of comments.

Me: There were no viable rescue scenarios for those that died. The survivors were not abandoned.

JIMJ: Not according to the 700 spec ops people that signed a letter to the President. Not according to a few SEALS that have talked to news reporters and NOT according to several Generals (who since retired don't have to worry about being fired or demoted or more likely blamed).
Try again with that line, it's been used and abused before then shot down in flames.

Me: Who could have saved Stevens and Smith? Who could have responded within 20 minutes from the start of the attack?

Could the "700 spec ops", "few SEALS" or "several Generals" responded within 20 minutes. If not, then they could not have rescued Stevens and Smith.

So spin and snark away, but I will note that you didn't point to a response that would have saved Stevens and Smith.

The point is, they could not have known at the time. Whoever made this call had no idea how long the attack would last. So their answer was? Lets just do nothing, probably cant help them now. How is that acceptable.

Every single thing about Benghazi shows incompetence and cover up. I dont know how some of you cant sit there and try and defend every damn aspect of this.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:44 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
wow, first defend, then play stupid.
The point I was attempting to make about who the "they" were that didn't "have a proper contingency plan" was that the contingency plan would or should have been created by the CIA. Yet most of the focus has been on the State Dept.

Its not clear to me that the facilities in Benghazi had any routine or regular State Dept. staffing. So its not clear to me that the State Dept. had a role in improving the security on some kind of permanent basis in Benghazi. The facilities in question were primarily being used by the CIA, so why isn't there more focus on the role of the CIA in securing the facilities?

Its the CIA that produced the talking points that linked the attack in Benghazi to Cairo, even prior to any edits by other departments. Apparently one of General Petraeus' complaints over the edited ( or revised talking points) is that they downplayed the role of social media in the events in Cairo, which the CIA was suggesting were tied to Benghazi. So why isn't there more focus on the process the CIA used to come up with that assessment that was later used by Susan Rice?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The point is, they could not have known at the time. Whoever made this call had no idea how long the attack would last. So their answer was? Lets just do nothing, probably cant help them now. How is that acceptable.

Every single thing about Benghazi shows incompetence and cover up. I dont know how some of you cant sit there and try and defend every damn aspect of this.
The help that was available was sent. One of those sent was killed after arriving. It was decided to evacuate the facilities, which I would bet played into the decision not to send additional people to Benghazi. It is not a case "Lets just do nothing", they pulled everyone out. Not much point in attempting to defend a clandestine facility that is no longer a secret. The best choice would be to get everyone out as fast and as safely as they could.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The help that was available was sent. One of those sent was killed after arriving. It was decided to evacuate the facilities, which I would bet played into the decision not to send additional people to Benghazi. It is not a case "Lets just do nothing", they pulled everyone out. Not much point in attempting to defend a clandestine facility that is no longer a secret. The best choice would be to get everyone out as fast and as safely as they could.
And then not lie about it.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And then not lie about it.
The lie being what, that it was a "Consulate" when it was a clandestine CIA facility?

Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Word is there is another shoe to drop on the Obama Administration. Someone (possibly former ex-director of the CIA David Patreus) will be releasing BOMBSHELL evidence of corruption by the Obama administration, and by Obama himself.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Can we just make a Obama forum so we can free up this forum for real topics.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Guess what? It's really not that big of a deal and will quickly blow over. There's no evidence Obama or anyone in his administration directed the IRS to investigate Tea Party groups specifically. Despite all the histrionics on Faux News, this "scandal" means nothing.
Is the investigation over? I guess everyone slept through it except you.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Haha, the Republicans are finally realizing they have nothing. All the Benghazi chatter is starting to get awfully quiet. Obama wins, once again.
And it got very quiet after Hillary had her say, and then came the most recent hearing, and it will go quiet again, until the next hearing. It's not over.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And it got very quiet after Hillary had her say, and then came the most recent hearing, and it will go quiet again, until the next hearing. It's not over.
Yep, this Swift Boat has been sunk.. A few more are still puttering about though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies