Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,857,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan
They are blowing up police stations in Benghazi and this has been happening for the past month.

Bomb blasts rock Libyan city of Benghazi - Africa - Al Jazeera English
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh my!!! Are they protesting over the Benghazi hearing video????
Quote:
Lighten up. I make one flip comment and you fall apart.
Falling apart? You are a joke! Like I said, you think this is all games.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,499,595 times
Now the WH is holding an off-the-record-meeting with reporters about Benghazi BEFORE the actual press conference. Damn propaganda ministry! You know damn well they are telling them WHAT to say and HOW to say it for more cover. These liars should frighten EVERYONE!

W.H. holds off-the-record Benghazi briefing - POLITICO.com

Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Now the WH is holding an off-the-record-meeting with reporters about Benghazi BEFORE the actual press conference. Damn propaganda ministry! You know damn well they are telling them WHAT to say and HOW to say it for more cover. These liars should frighten EVERYONE!

So we're going to hold a press conference before the press conference to prep you for the press conference.

Tell me they aren't being groomed ?

Looks like the hearing ruffled a few feathers and rattled some cages.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,080,050 times
Quote:

Unbelievable. I'm sure if anyone asks the "wrong" questions their press card will be pulled. This is how these fuggers operate. Where is all that transparency he promised swooners? Oh you don't care anymore because it's now circle the wagons time.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
No, you are beyond pathetic, especially when it comes to ASSuming. It's amazing just how much one can ASSume when their head is shoved up where the sun don't shine.
You do it in every post. So tell me how you do it.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
Quote:

Oh oh.... the dam is going to bust on this one for sure! Alert Lindsey Graham!!!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,061,647 times
Quote:

And who trusts this Administration and the media again? And believe it or not, liberals will gladly defend this.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,499,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So we're going to hold a press conference before the press conference to prep you for the press conference.

Tell me they aren't being groomed ?

Looks like the hearing ruffled a few feathers and rattled some cages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Unbelievable. I'm sure if anyone asks the "wrong" questions their press card will be pulled. This is how these fuggers operate. Where is all that transparency he promised swooners? Oh you don't care anymore because it's now circle the wagons time.
My sentiments exactly. It's BLATANTLY obvious they are trying to control the message (truth) that comes out. What propagandists this administration is. I actually shouldn't be surprised, propaganda HAS to be used to dupe people into supporting their own demise.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM

More floods. Why don't you and blueyes go sing your pathetic tunes to each other? All you two are doing is trying to deflect and spin this thread. Your handlers should have some talking points out soon for you so you can stop crying your dam is breaking and witchhunt garbage and have some "real" points to make soon. LOL

Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Flashback: What Susan Rice Said About Benghazi - Washington Wire - WSJ

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to — or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in — in the wake of the revolution in Libya are — are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.
So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.
Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.
What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya.

The bolded parts were in the early version of the CIA talking points, but not in the final version.

I would point out that the language on it being a spontaneous attack linked to Cairo was in the early versions of the CIA talking points and survived the edits.
"TAPPER: So, first of all, what is the latest you can tell us on who these attackers were at the embassy or at the consulate in Benghazi?"

The final version did say:
"But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo."
'This Week' Transcript: U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice - ABC News

What '"facts"? Where did they get those "FACTS"? Certainly NOT from anyone who was in Benghazi or Lybia.

Hicks told the State Dept. it was terrorists.

When asked during the hearing how he felt after hearing Rice's Sunday "performances". He said, "stunned. My jaw dropped. I was embarrassed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies