Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
According to your own link, the D's filed once, with 35 charges in that filing. Some of the charges were very worth considering on the circumstances around our invading Iraq--it looks like they really did lie to us about WMD's--although others were goofy. This is the 14th TIME the R's are screaming for impeachment. They started right after Obama was elected because he was a "MOOSLIM" and "born in Kenya", and it's gone downhill from there.

The problem the current batch of R's have is that when you scream and cry and whine nonstop--every little thing is histrionics--nobody listens or takes you seriously anymore. It's just more BS in and out. I'd be careful with this one though--if voters believe that you guys are trying to use the deaths of American citizens for some kind of political campaign stunt, this may be the one that really does blow up in your face.
And how many times have R's filed? ZERO..

Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we heard the same thing from a handful of Democrats when Bush was in office, we also heard both Bush and Chaney should be tried for war crimes. is there something else you want to talk about today or just bring up stuff that means nothing, especially when it comes from Salon?
Actually that sounds more realistic to me since one of them (cheney) made money from the War that he obviously help pushed. My probelm with Bush has been his falsifying his military records.

Last edited by simetime; 05-11-2013 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
You lost all credibility.
You never had credibility. You just want the government to take care of you and then think you have credibility. What is wrong, which is it, too lazy or you can't do it on your own?

Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Taking things to their logical conclusion this afternoon, Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe suggested on a conservative radio show that President Obama may be be impeached over Benghazi. “Of all the great coverups in history — the Pentagon papers, the Iran-Contra, Watergate and all the rest of them — this … is going to go down as the most serious,” Inhofe said, a tad hyperbolically. “People may be starting to use the I-word,” he added.

There’s no doubt that people will start using the “the I-word” around Benghazi considering they’ve already invoked impeachment so, so, so many other times.

“Impeach Obama! Again!” - Salon.com

What follows is a list of at least 14 times since Obama has taken office that Conservatives have invoked impeachment. More serious than selling arms to Iran to fund contra rebels in Nicaragua? Seriously?

I expect this thread to draw the usual hysteria from the far right, but there must be some sane Republicans here (or is that merely wishful thinking on my part?). When do you start to get embarrassed by how ridiculous the GOP has become and attempt to inject some sanity into the party? Or have all sane Republicans already fled the party? It sure seems like it.
We are not allowed to call terrorist, terriost......Al Qaeda references were deleted from the Benghazi files and President Obama went behind Congress and sent money to "Rebels."

Who are the "Rebels"?

Do you feel comfortable with this?

Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Taking things to their logical conclusion this afternoon, Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe suggested on a conservative radio show that President Obama may be be impeached over Benghazi. “Of all the great coverups in history — the Pentagon papers, the Iran-Contra, Watergate and all the rest of them — this … is going to go down as the most serious,” Inhofe said, a tad hyperbolically. “People may be starting to use the I-word,” he added.

There’s no doubt that people will start using the “the I-word” around Benghazi considering they’ve already invoked impeachment so, so, so many other times.

“Impeach Obama! Again!” - Salon.com

What follows is a list of at least 14 times since Obama has taken office that Conservatives have invoked impeachment. More serious than selling arms to Iran to fund contra rebels in Nicaragua? Seriously?

I expect this thread to draw the usual hysteria from the far right, but there must be some sane Republicans here (or is that merely wishful thinking on my part?). When do you start to get embarrassed by how ridiculous the GOP has become and attempt to inject some sanity into the party? Or have all sane Republicans already fled the party? It sure seems like it.

Quote:
What follows is a list of at least 14 times since Obama has taken office that Conservatives have invoked impeachment.

So some talk show host or a newspaper columnist speaking about possible impeachable offenses amounts to conservatives invoking impeachment? IBTL.

Here's another good old knee slapper:

Quote:
Libya: Bruce Fein, a lawyer who has written articles of impeachments against Clinton, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, did the same for Obama in 2011 over the military intervention in Libya, alleging that it violated the Constitution’s mandate that only Congress can declare war.
This of course equates to Conservatives invoking impeachment!

Quote:
When do you start to get embarrassed by how ridiculous the GOP has become and attempt to inject some sanity into the party?

When do you start to get embarrassed by BHO, who is the most inept and incompetent POTUS of all time? The beer summit is when that started for me. How about you?

Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obviously you have a hard time following a debate. No wonder people like you voted for Obama, from mommy's teet to other peoples money. Time to grow up liberals.
Voted for Gary Johnson. Republican fans didn't know about him because Romney spent all his time trying to remove him for ballots.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is also true, since Republicans tend to not commit high crimes and misdemeanors when they are president.

Oh really

Old 05-11-2013, 05:06 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You never had credibility. You just want the government to take care of you and then think you have credibility. What is wrong, which is it, too lazy or you can't do it on your own?
There you go keep spouting random things.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
How many people were killed in the Watergate Hotel room break-in? How many in Benghazi and F&F?
Ok, I like this game. So how many were killed because the Iraq War? OOH, OOH, OOH <waving hand fantically> better yet, how many are still filing VA disabilty claims because of the Iraq War?

Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Let's see...

1) Lying to the public and to others in government, then using those lies to justify invading and occupying a foreign nation.
2) Breaking into the opposition headquarters to steal information, then covering it up.
3) Selling weapons to Iran and using the money to fund torture, murder, rape, kidnapping, and mutilation in South America.
4) Providing information to the public that turns out to be inaccurate and maybe failing to send in extra support and security (mind you, there would have been more support there in the first place had Republicans not refused to fund it).
5) Having an affair and lying about it.

It's telling that you think those last two are awful, but are totally willing to overlook the first three.

Even the worst case scenario I've heard from Republicans about Benghazi pales in comparison to actively funding and encouraging the murder, rape, and torture of civilians.
You forgot authorizing the "outing" of an active CIA agent and lying about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.