Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM

349 posts, read 261,469 times

Advertisements

The GOP has as much chance at impeachment as they had with Romney actually winning the Presidential election.

To the GOP pissing in the wind presents at least a chance of not getting wet.

It's actually sad that supposedly intelligent and grown people can't get over their political beat down.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,395,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we heard the same thing from a handful of Democrats when Bush was in office, we also heard both Bush and Chaney should be tried for war crimes. is there something else you want to talk about today or just bring up stuff that means nothing, especially when it comes from Salon?
Great point, I remember much more than a handful of calls not just for impeachment of W. Bush, but for tossing him into prison. As I recall there was a lot of pressure on Speaker Pelosi to investigate the admin, and she dragged her feet, probably not wanting to repeat the mistakes that the R's made in the late 1990's

Note also carefully what Inhofe says: "People may be starting to use the I-word...." So he's not calling for impeachment, not even saying that he believes there is a basis for it. He doesn't even say that people are using the I-word, just that they 'may be starting.' It's about the weakest possible statement that one could make in a discussion about impeachment.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Some Democrats called for Bush to be investigated for a possibly impeachable offence on one issue only, and it was a pretty big one. Conservatives have called for impeachment investigations on Obama at least 14 times already. There really is no comparison.

So you really do believe that Benghazi is worse than Iran-Contra?
Oh please, they even called to impeach Bush based upon global warming.

No, I didnt make that up
Efforts to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,888,539 times
Them RWers do seem to do a lot of yelling... apparently not many people hear it though.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,308,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Taking things to their logical conclusion this afternoon, Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe suggested on a conservative radio show that President Obama may be be impeached over Benghazi. “Of all the great coverups in history — the Pentagon papers, the Iran-Contra, Watergate and all the rest of them — this … is going to go down as the most serious,” Inhofe said, a tad hyperbolically. “People may be starting to use the I-word,” he added.

There’s no doubt that people will start using the “the I-word” around Benghazi considering they’ve already invoked impeachment so, so, so many other times.

“Impeach Obama! Again!” - Salon.com

What follows is a list of at least 14 times since Obama has taken office that Conservatives have invoked impeachment. More serious than selling arms to Iran to fund contra rebels in Nicaragua? Seriously?

I expect this thread to draw the usual hysteria from the far right, but there must be some sane Republicans here (or is that merely wishful thinking on my part?). When do you start to get embarrassed by how ridiculous the GOP has become and attempt to inject some sanity into the party? Or have all sane Republicans already fled the party? It sure seems like it.
conservatives no longer view Democratic Presidents as legit. Once their presidential god Ronald Reagan won, which is the only President conservatives claim, they saw conservatism as ascendent.

Clinton winning shook them a bit, but they thought he is just a blip. President Obama winning scared and still scares the crap out of them because it forced them to confront reality.

They want Benghazi to do what they couldn't get done at the polls.

It is illogical and predictable.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,894,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Great point, I remember much more than a handful of calls not just for impeachment of W. Bush, but for tossing him into prison. As I recall there was a lot of pressure on Speaker Pelosi to investigate the admin, and she dragged her feet, probably not wanting to repeat the mistakes that the R's made in the late 1990's
Again, to investigate the lead up to a war that cost us dearly in lives and treasure. That is still costing us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Note also carefully what Inhofe says: "People may be starting to use the I-word...." So he's not calling for impeachment, not even saying that he believes there is a basis for it. He doesn't even say that people are using the I-word, just that they 'may be starting.' It's about the weakest possible statement that one could make in a discussion about impeachment.
I guess you missed this part of his quote: "Of all the great coverups in history — the Pentagon papers, the Iran-Contra, Watergate and all the rest of them — this … is going to go down as the most serious.”

So, do YOU believe that Benghazi is worse than selling arms to Iran in order to fund contra rebels in Nicaragua? The Conservatives leading this current charge sure seem to think so. How many impeachment hearings did we have for that criminal fiasco?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-11-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
It is kind of their thing to call for impeachment on anything Obama does. I hear just today they called for his impeachment because for dinner he suggested he wanted chicken not burgers.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:23 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,064,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course it incoherent to an Obama supporter. You can't conceive that Obama is just another politician that could care less about the American people.

Our lord and savior, President Barack Obama <- This is the only thing you can understand.
Sort of like The Holy Trinity of Ronnie, Bush H. and Bush W???

Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,221,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh please, they even called to impeach Bush based upon global warming.

No, I didnt make that up
Efforts to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to your own link, the D's filed once, with 35 charges in that filing. Some of the charges were very worth considering on the circumstances around our invading Iraq--it looks like they really did lie to us about WMD's--although others were goofy. This is the 14th TIME the R's are screaming for impeachment. They started right after Obama was elected because he was a "MOOSLIM" and "born in Kenya", and it's gone downhill from there.

The problem the current batch of R's have is that when you scream and cry and whine nonstop--every little thing is histrionics--nobody listens or takes you seriously anymore. It's just more BS in and out. I'd be careful with this one though--if voters believe that you guys are trying to use the deaths of American citizens for some kind of political campaign stunt, this may be the one that really does blow up in your face.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,396,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we heard the same thing from a handful of Democrats when Bush was in office, we also heard both Bush and Chaney should be tried for war crimes. is there something else you want to talk about today or just bring up stuff that means nothing, especially when it comes from Salon?
Because the GOP is crazy enough to carry out it's threats. That's not "stuff that means nothing".

I don't think there is any question the GOP House will draw up articles of impeachment some day, especially if they re-take the Senate, and there is a chance for a trial.

On what grounds, do you say? Oh, it doesn't matter- if they can't come up with anything plausible, the GOP will do what they do best- make $&@$ up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.