Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Actually, if you read the article, that is not correct.
Then let these people come forward and provide proof.
I would think a manager's manager would be aware of personnel problems if they were as bad as this anonymous employee alleges them to be.

If Hicks was as bad as they say then there should be something in his personnel file.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Carney started the "bus" process yesterday, we'll have to see if it continues.
Quote:
the extensive closed-door revisions of the CIA’s Benghazi intelligence assessment were conducted by an Intelligence official, not by administration officials.

The CIA, in this case [a] deputy director of the CIA, took that process and issued a set of talking points on that Saturday morning, and those were disseminated,” he said in a late-afternoon press briefing at the White House.

The only edit made by the White House or the State Department to those talking points generated by the CIA was a change from referring to the facility from ‘consulate’ to ‘diplomatic post,’” he claimed.
“The White House made one minor change to the talking points drafted by the CIA,” he repeated

The White House discussions were conducted prior to the editing of the talking points, Carney insisted. The process was routine and reflected a variety of concerns from various agencies, he said.
White House Spokesman Throws State, CIA Under Bus | The Weekly Standard

Does he really think that anyone with the ability to think believes his crap?? If the WH had discussions prior to the final version that the WH approved (and making "stylistic" (what did the do, change the font??) and one "minor" edit) they sure as hell had verbal input as to what should and shouldn't be talking points during those discussions. So the WH had no concerns, just the various agencies.

Can only wonder who that deputy director of the CIA is who was thrown under the bus. I guess we'll find out when the WH leaks the dirt on him (true or not), forcing him to resign in disgrace the way Petraeus did.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Faux News and the radical right come out with some vague assertions about Benghazi, not really stating any hard facts, just vague innuendo, and you guys buy it hook, line, and sinker. Go figure.
Your buddies already tried the pretend nothing happened game and ran off. Were you called in off duty or something to carry on? Apparently so.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
I know this won't dissuade the neo-cons and astroturfers posting, but this is amsuing: Embassy Staff Undercuts 'Whistleblower' Testimony On Benghazi

Staff who served in Libya with Gregory Hicks, the GOP’s primary “whistleblower” in this week’s hearing on the Benghazi terror attacks, undercut his story that State Department officials demoted him as retribution for speaking out, instead telling ThinkProgress about a man who one described as “the worst manager I’ve ever seen in the Foreign Service.”
But of course they said that. Can't fight the story so attack and destroy the messenger. What else is new?
I'm sure there'll be someone along shortly to say Hicks was on the grassy knoll as well.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
White House Spokesman Throws State, CIA Under Bus | The Weekly Standard

Does he really think that anyone with the ability to think believes his crap?? If the WH had discussions prior to the final version that the WH approved (and making "stylistic" (what did the do, change the font??) and one "minor" edit) they sure as hell had verbal input as to what should and shouldn't be talking points during those discussions. The scrubbing was a result of various agencies and the WH had no input as to what should be scrubbed???

Can only wonder who that deputy director of the CIA is who was thrown under the bus. I guess we'll find out when the WH leaks the dirt on him (true or not), forcing him to resign in disgrace the way Petraeus did.
I've read that Rhodes was very involved and he's WH.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your buddies already tried the pretend nothing happened game and ran off. Were you called in off duty or something to carry on? Apparently so.
The GOP already had their hearings on this months ago and found nothing. What new things do you think more hearings will uncover that two rounds have not?

The Republicans are the ones insinuating something more insidious happened at Benghazi. The burden is on them to come up with some hard evidence. Vague assertions and innuendos coupled with histrionics do not count.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
The GOP already had their hearings on this months ago and found nothing. What new things do you think more hearings will uncover that two rounds have not?

The Republicans are the ones insinuating something more insidious happened at Benghazi. The burden is on them to come up with some hard evidence. Vague assertions and innuendos coupled with histrionics do not count.
Well isn't that what they are trying to do with the hearings ?

What did come out of this last batch of hearings is that there were 12 revisions to the CIA talking points and that they did indeed get watered down and the head of the CIA was not too happy about it but did nothing and signed off on it.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think I saw a post on the White House snitch site something mentioning these threads and a call for reinforcements that they're being overrun. Hopefully they'll respond here like they did in Benghazi. You'll know when they start talking about what a %&#^# person the OP is.

As an afterthought, I hope y'all have removed all traces of anything on CD that could lead back to who you are.

Ya never know when the IRS aka Administration Enforcement Arm will come "looking".

Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01
So far Fox News and the Republicans are the only ones who keep finding things negatively noteworthy about the president. Everything I read and hear from them is short for "We Gotta Get Rid Of The Black Man In The White House!"
Oh are you referring to the guy that Reid can referred to "he has "no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,”

Chris Mathews tells people he forgot Obama "was black tonight for an hour,"

and Joe Biden can claim that Obama is the "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01
So far Fox News and the Republicans are the only ones who keep finding things negatively noteworthy about the president. Everything I read and hear from them is short for "We Gotta Get Rid Of The Black Man In The White House!"
It has become widely known that shouting racism is a political tactic. We're long past the time when there's an assumption of good motives when someone cries "racism." People have come to realize it's usually about politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.