Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM

14,498 posts, read 11,325,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The parent is to be faulted for that. Whenever little children behave like that, where do they get it from? It comes from parenting, or the lack of it.
Of course it is. Seeing a video like that actually makes me furious. Where on earth did she get the idea that acting like this is acceptable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Green we're products of our enviroment. I could take that boy and with in a few weeks he'd be a different boy altogether but unless you're willing to support forced removal of children from poor parents who aren't doing any physical harm to their kids. What do you want us to do?

We all know why he's like that but there's very little we can do to stop it and it sure doesn't mean society has to put up with his inevitable criminal antics when he gets older because he has a bad mom.
It is not even a matter of being poor. It's a matter of common sense. You can be raised poor and still come out okay. Poverty is part of it. Another part of it is not knowing how to raise a child or simply neglecting a child. I've seen middle class White children behave similar to that. I should know because I have lived around it.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM

14,498 posts, read 11,325,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not think Romney is/was the answer either.
Yes, he would have been.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, he would have been.
Do you know that for a fact?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,467,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is not even a matter of being poor. It's a matter of common sense. You can be raised poor and still come out okay. Poverty is part of it. Another part of it is not knowing how to raise a child or simply neglecting a child. I've seen middle class White children behave similar to that. I should know because I have lived around it.
My use of "poor" refers to the quality of parenting not their financial circumstances. I know from first hand experience that having financially poor parents does not equate to the parenting witnessed in the video.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,235,206 times
It's about time. The demographic that got hurt the worst from this latest recession is the black population. Socio-economic gains that took years to build have been erased and it is about time that black organizations addressed it. And yes, I do blame Obama for much of this. This downward spiral occurred on his watch. He was also in a unique position to try to change the acceptable mores of our community and serve as a role model, which he still seems to have no interest in doing. The only time he seemed to directly address some of the special problems facing our youth was over the Trayvon Martin case, and that was an occasion when he should have kept out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well that's no surprise.
God, stuff like this makes my skin crawl. I suppose Kentuckians feel the same way when people from the Appalachian mountains end up on one of these videos, but it just seems like there are more making black people look like fools out there. These "ladies" do NOT represent black women. What makes me cringe the most is the behavior of the children, who clearly are growing up thinking this is how you interact with people in society.

I agree with this guy:

Hood Mothers In ATL Get Tased By Security Guard For Acting Up In Front Of Children! - YouTube

Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,908,971 times
Some seem to believe that the 'in yo face' attitude is part of their cultural identity. And the legitimization and glorification of that 'culture' by supporting media and entertainment that depicts and promotes it is as much to blame as are the poor ignorant souls who live it. When exactly did 'arrogance' 'attitude' and 'swagger' start becoming desired personality traits? What a pathetic society we live in.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,349,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Lol, tazed!

She had it coming. In front of babies no less.
It looked to me like she sicced the kids on the guy, to me. I really would like to know what the whole thing was about at the beginning. This is a good example of how insignificant things can result in big trouble where nobody but the original participants know what started it.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,886,276 times
Look at all those Romney voters using the N word and acting like animals.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 PM

29,627 posts, read 16,639,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can't wait for you to call Sharpton and Cornell West black conservatives next because they dared to pressure Obama on an issue that is important to them.

Nobody is saying "we should have voted for Romney" they just want more attention from a voting demographic which has been taken for granted by the administration.

...and the minute they dared utter a single peep of discontent on a single topic....you start saying they are trying to act white, they are conservatives etc etc? He's the freakin' head of the NAACP or did you miss that?

The last time president Obama tried to address the issues of the African American community,Glen Beck and Bill O'reilly called him a racist for a week, 4 white men from Texas created a college fund for white only, 3 senators held press conferences saying "we need to worry about ALL americans".

im not saying Barack should do nothing, in fact he has done alot for african Americans by expanding free GED and professional development courses as well as tuition subsidies for those intering work force certification programs ( networking(CISCO), welding, Automotive repair, Nursing programs, programming, Land Scaping and so on . The problem is when he specifically mentions these programs, he is labeled racist by the right, or said to be not worried about the rest of the nation, or pandering to one group. It is sad.

There is also the problem of your argument, Mathguy. Black unemployment continues to go up because more african Americans are entering the work force(percentage wise) than whites. So these people arent being fired, these are 18 and 19 y/o who cant find jobs. African American unemployment also usually runs twice that of whites. Even under clinton, when the Overall unemployment was 3.9%, it was 8% among african Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies