Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Almost 5 years in and Obama has been so incompetent that they still have to pull out the "blame Bush" card lol.

We are 5 years into Obama's presidency and Obama can't fix it. I thought he was god? Obama is incompetent.
yes, YOU did, we didnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
the overall economy is worse. It was inherited from the bush administration. All ethnicities are affected. The only people doing well, are the very wealthy with their bush era tax breaks, and illegal immigrants.
rotflmmfao.....!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Tough. They voted him in!
A simple google search could help you out.

Great Recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 PM

69 posts, read 65,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Black Americans are doing great. You rarely hear a black person complain about Obama.

Therefore that means his policies are bringing prosperity to black communities coast to coast.
Wow, one of the most obvious examples of a circular argument I think I've ever seen outside of a logic textbook.

- Black Americans are doing great.
- You rarely hear a black person complain about Obama.

Therefore:
Black Americans are doing great (Or as you put it: " Therefore that means his policies are bringing prosperity to black communities coast to coast.")

Old 04-30-2013, 05:38 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatthernsInTheIvy View Post
Wow, one of the most obvious examples of a circular argument I think I've ever seen outside of a logic textbook.

- Black Americans are doing great.
- You rarely hear a black person complain about Obama.

Therefore:
Black Americans are doing great (Or as you put it: " Therefore that means his policies are bringing prosperity to black communities coast to coast.")
When Bush was president all you heard from the African-American community were complaints about the president.

Now there are no more complaints. The only reason I can think of is because Obama has fixed the problems in the black community.

Is there another reason why blacks would suddenly stop complaining about the president in January 2009?

Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 PM

107 posts, read 116,713 times
Just wait until Amnesty is passed and blacks will have to compete with 30million additional legal citizens for labor and service jobs.

And their high school graduation rate suggests they are going to struggle immensely in the coming decades.

Karma I suppose. It's what you get when you support a political party who only uses you for your votes.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 PM

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Tiger Woods is the President? Or are you trying to say all black people look the same to you?
No, in the summer black and white people all look the same.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 PM

349 posts, read 260,873 times
This guy is supposed to convince me that minorities are suffering under Pres. Obama, Black people were mandated home loans, the left dosen't create wealth and we need less government intrusion.

Thanks but no thanks, i can hear all this rhetoric from Glenn Beck and not be insulted that somebody is willing to act a part for Conservative pats on the head..

Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The overall economy is worse. It was inherited from the Bush administration. All ethnicities are affected. The only people doing well, are the very wealthy with their Bush era tax breaks, and illegal immigrants.
The overall economy is worse and it was inherited from the Bush administration?

So Obama hasn't improved the economy, and if anything, has made it worse. I agree.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why do conservatives believe that electing a conservative will improve things for black Americans? Is there any proof that black Americans do better under conservative presidents? Of course not.

The growing wealth gap reflects a few things.

Number one the black unemployment rate is much higher than the white unemployment rate, but the black unemployment rate at least since 1972 has always been much higher than the white unemployment rate. This is a huge contributor to the wealth gap.

The other issue is that black workers are paid less than white workers. This is another long term problem that impacts wealth.

The other issue is that black people have much lower home ownership rates than white Americans. This is another long term problem that impacts wealth.

The other issue is that the homes that black Americans own appreciate at a lower rate than the homes of white Americans, this is a huge contributor to the wealth gap.

White Americans own much more equity wealth than black Americans, this makes sense because white Americans are more likely to work for an employer who offers a 401k plan, are more likely to earn more money, thus having more disposable income to invest, and are much more likely to inherit stock.

This brings us to the last and final issue, white Americans are much, much, much more likely to get inherited wealth from their families, this in part reflects the legacy of outright racism which has prevented older black people from accumulating wealth to pass on.

Now objectively these are issues that impact the black and white wealth gap, please tell me the conservative idea to address one of those issues.
wow, are you out in LEFT field on every point. Poor baby, you can't get Obama to do anything for you but you hang on hoping he will. Obama hangs out with the rich, the very people you despise and you continue to watch from the outside looking in as you keep hanging on and you still don't see it. You're screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies