Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How so ?

I wonder if people know that the Ban in 1994, did not stop the sell or owner ship of the weapons it banned, it just stopped the manufacture of new ones.
DOD equal they sure as hell aren't. Gun laws in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
[quote=A. Victor;27389139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Here's to your micro penis....

That photo looks like a bunch of trained military men, don't think anyone has a problem with them being armed with assault rifles.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,295 times
So is no one going to argue against my criticism of the crappy video? Because that's supposed to be the topic of discussion here. There are a billion other gun threads to talk about the general topic of guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM

[quote=urbanlife78;27389224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post

That photo looks like a bunch of trained military men, don't think anyone has a problem with them being armed with assault rifles.
Same story...different day.....19th Century. TRUE STORY.

Wyatt Earp - So Cold - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So when they wrote the Constitution our Founding Fathers knew what an assault weapon was? Try again, all that says is the right to bear "arms." It says nothing about assault weapons because it was left up to us to decide what form of "arms" that should and shouldn't be allowed.

arms plural of arms (Noun)

Noun
  • Weapons and ammunition; armaments: "they were subjugated by force of arms".

By the definition of "arms" you are saying no form of "weapon" should be "infringed." Well then where do I sign up for a tank and a rocket launcher to take with me whenever I go out shopping, don't want to "infringe" on those "arms."
You asked where it was. I gave it to you.

More children in Chicago have been killed by guns in the last five years than school shootings,
and they have the toughest gun regulations in the United States.

I'll tell you what. You solve Chicago, and I'll listen to you about the nation.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The real threat that sovereign law abiding U.S. citizens are facing right now is the liberal media. They are establishing a narrative on behest of the president and his political cohorts to saturate the masses with disinformation that will garner support in subverting the Constitution, namely the 2nd Amendment, a major national security blanket for the United States. The media is telling you that guns are the heart of the problem ....................they are not. Guns have not caused these tragic shootings that America has been experiencing the last 20 years. The NRA is not to blame either. What really is to blame is a radical flawed ideology called liberalism. The media has embrace it and will stop at nothing until the goal of transforming America into a progressivism state of mind. They are the main assault weapon that you, the American citizen faces. I want you to pay attention to just 6 reasons released last month why assault weapons should not be banned. If you are blessed with good ole common sense, you should be able to agree with these logical reasons.

Chuck Woolery on Assault Weapons - YouTube
IMO, what you're saying in your post is just BS. I'm very much a liberal and I do not support gun control. It would be impossible to collect everybody's guns.

I think the issue is one of mentally ill, mentally challenged, and mentally disturbed using guns in a totally insane way. We need to focus a bit of the issue of mental illness in this country and not just rely on the prisons and jails to incarcerate them before they hurt others. ACCESS to guns by mentally disturbed people is a serious issue! I think if you have someone who is mentally challenged, ill, or disturbed, living in your home that you should have to prove to authorities that those guns are locked away in a very safe place and that the mentally ill, etc., cannot possibly gain access to them. If you sell guns, you've GOT to figure out a way to determine the mental competence of the people to whom you are selling guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(We are the people)

Infringe
1. Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
2. Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

There you go.
Isn't your right already limited? Are you legally allowed to own any type of firearm available?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
then that is not a federal ban, that is a state by state ban passed down by the legislation of that individual state.

I however dont know how true it is that it banned the ownership of a single one of those weapons(seems highly unlikely ), i would have to do research on it.
It was a Federal ban '94 -'04. It's State by State now. Nothing in my State...bye bye AWB -'94 -'04. We can own Class III weapons here too. You know...like REAL machineguns. It's a four month process with the BATF and costs an extra $200 tax stamp per item. Don't worry though...a Class III M-16 that is fully transferable is about $12,000 + 7% sales tax + another $200 Class III stamp.

Nothing to worry about getting into the wrong hands of anyone UNDER 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Require Assault Rifles be Licensed and charge $1000.00 per year for the license
Why should I do that when I can own a REAL M16 (select-fire) for a $200 tax stamp from the BATF now?

My semi auto only ARs aren't hurting anyone.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 28 days ago)

29,575 posts, read 16,564,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
It was a Federal ban '94 -'04. It's State by State now.
That is repeating what i just said, but saying it to make it seem like you were right. LOL

the way you worded it, it sounded like you tried to make it seem like a federal ban expired at different times in different states or that when the fed ban ended, states enacted their own.

State and federal laws are not Mutually exclusive events, they can occur at the same time.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then where do I sign up for a tank and a rocket launcher to take with me whenever I go out shopping, don't want to "infringe" on those "arms."
You can find surplus tanks and artillery of all kinds all over the United States for sale, even at government auctions. Google it.

Here ya go. Interested in buying old cannons? Many of these are operational.

American Cannons

Look at these civilians who own their own military hardware (cannons, howitzers etc

Live Fire With a Civil War Cannon - YouTube

Here is a civilian firing his cannon at a old van for fun,

Cannon Thrashes the Van - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies