Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I know you are ignorant. Most liberals live in a state of heightened ignorance. It is OK.

Equally true, right?
You can believe whatever you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You can believe whatever you want.
So, you never told us. Have you been in a situation where a criminal had a gun pointed at you? or are you just speaking your views based on ideas you learned from other people along the way?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Actually the home owner can use a knife to attack the intruder.
I also hope this is just a joke...lol....Hell, maybe you're a master in the art of knife throwing....lol

Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
So, you never told us. Have you been in a situation where a criminal had a gun pointed at you? or are you just speaking your views based on ideas you learned from other people along the way?

Irrelevant.

Look, man I don't waste my time on conservative dumb distractions that don't mean anything.

Here is the key point, we have too many high powered dangerous weapons in the US. I want the government to track and control those weapons that are already out there and the people who own them.

And I want those weapons no longer to be sold.

It is my position that this is a rational policy position that doesn't hinder anyone's gun love.

The opposition to that reasonable position are gun nuts who are very fear based, believe strange conspiracy theories, and have racist leanings.

How do I know they believe these things because they say they do.

Now you can either deal with that or not, but your question is irrelevant.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant.

Look, man I don't waste my time on conservative dumb distractions that don't mean anything.

Here is the key point, we have too many high powered dangerous weapons in the US. I want the government to track and control those weapons that are already out there and the people who own them.

Well I understand what you mean because I grew up in a liberal area and I also used to be a liberal, but then I started to think about things based off of my experiences in life and I got away from being a leftist into seeing things from both sides and thinking logically. What you are saying about having too many high powered weapons is a great idea, only if our society had zero criminal element. Let's say they ban assault rifles. Let's say they go door to door tracking all registered gun owners and make them turn their weapons in. Now nobody who is law abiding will not have one of those weapons anymore, but the millions of illegal weapons around the country and the world will still be around and criminals who don't have them will find a way to get them. They will see an opportunity to make easy money robbing people and killing people who are law abiding. Do you think this won't happen?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Well I understand what you mean because I grew up in a liberal area and I also used to be a liberal, but then I started to think about things based off of my experiences in life and I got away from being a leftist into seeing things from both sides and thinking logically. What you are saying about having too many high powered weapons is a great idea, only if our society had zero criminal element. Let's say they ban assault rifles. Let's say they go door to door tracking all registered gun owners and make them turn their weapons in. Now nobody who is law abiding will not have one of those weapons anymore, but the millions of illegal weapons around the country and the world will still be around and criminals who don't have them will find a way to get them. They will see an opportunity to make easy money robbing people and killing people who are law abiding. Do you think this won't happen?

I know you are afraid, but first I didn't say no guns period. Secondly you know you prove my point about fear with your question.

The irrational fear that they will be killed and robbed by criminals without their guns, that is real for fear based conservatives.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,996,285 times
Quote:
Having had three guns pointed at me once when I was a kid and my family got robbed, I can say this much. What ever self defense uses of guns exsist, they are very limited. I think guns should be much more regulated. The pistol we had on hand was useless for that situation.

I think types of guns allowed should be greatly limited, along with amount of ammo that can be purchased at once and ammuntion needs to be traceable to the owner.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post

I think types of guns allowed should be greatly limited, along with amount of ammo that can be purchased at once and ammuntion needs to be traceable to the owner.
I disagree, I beleive you should be able to own whatever kind of gun you want because criminals don't play by the rules.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Irrelevant.

It is my position that this is a rational policy position that doesn't hinder anyone's gun love.

The opposition to that reasonable position are gun nuts who are very fear based, believe strange conspiracy theories, and have racist leanings.

How do I know they believe these things because they say they do.

Now you can either deal with that or not, but your question is irrelevant.

racist leanings?

you are a liberal and you have the nerve to talk about racist leanings? liberals talk a good front, but when it comes down to the bottom line, liberals are more racist than others.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I know you are afraid, but first I didn't say no guns period. Secondly you know you prove my point about fear with your question.

The irrational fear that they will be killed and robbed by criminals without their guns, that is real for fear based conservatives.
The fear of having a criminal or group of criminals kick in your door with assault weapons is not irrational unless you are the kind of person who thinks these things never happen because you've never seen it in your own experience. I went through Hurricane Andrew and beleive me all law abiding citizens wished they could carry whatever weapon they chose at that time because of the looters who were driving down from Broward county. You must think these criminals only pack small handguns. So, do you think the fear of getting robbed that these hurricane victims has in this video was irrational?

Hurricane Andrew: A War Zone - YouTube

If you do, I know you've never been close to anything that involved guns (all possible types of guns) being pulled on you or being used to rob people in your neighborhood. This happened in Hurricane Andrew which I went through and in Katrina as well. This also happens almost everyday in America where some family gets home invaded. If you have no fear of anything like that happening to you and your family then you are living in a state of oblivious denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies