Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,182,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So all Railway Projects that don't take land are un-necessary....? What a Hypocrite you are....
You don't think any new "light railway" projects are tied to Agenda 21?

US Government and Private Sector Invest in Agenda 21 Light Rail Systems | NCRenegade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 AM

5,521 posts, read 9,563,189 times
So... was the move by NCR, from Ohio to Georgia, part of "Agenda 20," the nefarious plot by the government to destroy America's cities? Why else would Georgia offer $60 million in incentives to lure a fotune 500 company to move from the more urban north to the less-urban south?

Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
So... was the move by NCR, from Ohio to Georgia, part of "Agenda 20," the nefarious plot by the government to destroy America's cities? Why else would Georgia offer $60 million in incentives to lure a fotune 500 company to move from the more urban north to the less-urban south?
According to THIS ARTICLE, it was Ohio that offered $31.1M for NCR to STAY in Ohio. The company gave the following reason for the move:

Quote:
“They [NCR] can’t recruit talent to move to Dayton, Ohio,” the source said.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,277,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Lolz agenda 21. I guess my tin foil hat is on too loose.
Quite possible. The OP is fixated upon the 21 b*llsh*t. Here's another one of his threads on the same subject.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ords-used.html

Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,050,197 times
Default Agenda 25

If you guys are upset at Agenda 21, wait until you see Agenda 25. What it proposes is too horrible to contemplate. Just use your imagination.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 AM

5,521 posts, read 9,563,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
According to THIS ARTICLE, it was Ohio that offered $31.1M for NCR to STAY in Ohio. The company gave the following reason for the move:
Oops, I made a mistake, and I apologize. Georgia did give NCR $60 million to move there, but I can't prove that they poached NCR from Ohio, without more research. Georgia's might only have been the best offer out of many.

So I'll fall back to my first post in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
The government has been shaping the way we live by encouraging the decentralization of our cities through regulation/zoning and subsidizing the automobile for well over a half century, and people called that "the free market at work." But now that people are increasingly wanting to move back to urban environments and drive less, and governments are updating their zoning codes and infrastructure to allow this, it's suddenly an evil plot by the UN to take away our freedom and property rights.
Was government policy over the last 60-70 years--to get people to move from the cities and sprawl into the suburbs--part of "Agenda 20?"

Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,920,515 times
Quote:
I promise I shall be polite in my reply. For starters, may I inquire as to what sources you referrenced in order to make your grossly over-exaggerated and fallacious claim?

The IB Organization is an NGO of UNESCO. There are currently 777 IB Diploma High Schools in the entire U.S., 90% of those are public schools. The IBDP is only for students in grades 11 & 12.

There are 474 IB MYPs (Middle Years Programme) for ages 11-15, in the U.S.

There are 341 PYP (Primary Years Programmes) for ages 3-11 in the U.S.

The total number of IB schools in the U.S. represents less than .005% of all public and private schools in the United States. However, they represent over 40% of IB schools worldwide.

Now, I am here to tell you that IB's primary purpose is to create "internationalmindedness". This thread is about Agenda 21. I mentioned IB way back in the beginning because especially the PYP and MYP are nothing but pure UNESCO propaganda designed to create "global citizens".

The following is a link to IBO's website. I have pre-searched the term "sustainability" for you. There are 10 pages of links and documents dealing with the topic.

Here is the link to all of the documents and info at ibo.org related to Agenda 21, also 10 pages worth.

I will give you fair warning. I have been called the #1 IB critic in the country by the Washington Post. So if you want to do battle when it comes to IB, may I suggest you do a little homework first.
You mentioned nothing about the academic standards of IB programs, which was the main idea of my previous post on the subject.
I might not be a famous "critic", but I've taught in IB schools abroad, and I've taught in US public schools. What I witnessed was higher academic rigor in IB schools by no small amount.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Please spare me your mindless charges of xenophobia. This thread is about Agenda 21, I have shared with you legitimate links to the IB website which sells this junk education as "challenging" and "critical thinking", as if the UN holds a patent on what constitutes "critical thinking". This is elitist, NWO, junk science, secular humanism, social justice on steroids which is being shoved into our public schools over parental objections because it looks good on an Administrator's resume' among the Progressive, globalist snobs in academia.

You want to know who two of the most famous IB alumni are? The Christmas Day Underwear Bomber and Kim Jong Un. Isn't that special? List of International Baccalaureate people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ah, I see. So critical thinking, challenging students, and social justice offend you in some way?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
You mentioned nothing about the academic standards of IB programs, which was the main idea of my previous post on the subject.
I might not be a famous "critic", but I've taught in IB schools abroad, and I've taught in US public schools. What I witnessed was higher academic rigor in IB schools by no small amount.
Here was your previous post:

Quote:
IB programs are very high-level and challenging. Nearly every high-performing international school, prep school, and high school uses an IB program. (emphasis mine)
Do we not want high-performing students?
You made two statements and asked one strawman question. I chose to debunk your claim which I bolded above. First, acknowledge that my facts regarding IB being a fringe, yet nonetheless invasive and expensive programme in the U.S., are correct. I will not get into convoluted, philosophical arguments with you about IB until you at the very least, announce that your claim of "nearly every" was nothing bit IB peacock feathers!

P.S. - this thread is about Agenda 21. I linked an actual IB Agenda 21 teacher training manual for students age 3-11. I will not allow an IB supporter to hijack this thread by taking it off topic. Topic: Agenda 21`and how our youngest students are being indoctrinated by UNESCO.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Here was your previous post:

You made two statements and asked one strawman question. I chose to debunk your claim which I bolded above. First, acknowledge that my facts regarding IB being a fringe, yet nonetheless invasive and expensive programme in the U.S., are correct. I will not get into convoluted, philosophical arguments with you about IB until you at the very least, announce that your claim of "nearly every" was nothing bit IB peacock feathers!

P.S. - this thread is about Agenda 21. I linked an actual IB Agenda 21 teacher training manual for students age 3-11. I will not allow an IB supporter to hijack this thread by taking it off topic. Topic: Agenda 21`and how our youngest students are being indoctrinated by UNESCO.
Fair enough. I was talking about nearly every international school (as in international schools abroad; I wasn't talking about international schools in the US, but it was my fault for not clarifying). Also, there is an increase in IB offerings at high-level high schools here in the US. All-in-all, it was poorly written.

And you're right, I got off-subject. I will read up on Agenda 21 more and stick to commenting on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies